Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The sad state of Arkansas Razorbacks basketball

Started by BillyRaySmithSack, February 04, 2006, 11:51:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BillyRaySmithSack

Every morning I get up before work and go get the newspaper outside. It is sad that anymore as I pass through the sports section, I just glance at the sections that cover Razorback basketball. I used to care about all that was going on up on the hill. I cannot stomach anymore excuses from Stan Heath and all of his so called strategies for curing what ails this team. We are presently going through the same crap that happened last year. Plain and simple this team has quit playing for their coach. We get worse towards the end of our schedule. We hired Dan Hipscher to be the bad cop to Heath's good cop with the team. That has not worked out which was obvious at UK. Bill Herrion was lucky to only be there for about 4 weeks before he quit the staff to go to New Hampshire. What really set me off was his whole "change up the lineup" crap I heard Tuesday. We should have done that about 8 games back. Heath is in in way over his head at Fayetteville. The timeout at Alabama with 5 seconds left when we had the ball is a fine point. It reminded me of the time Arkansas football was playing Texas in 1987 at Little Rock. They had the ball, no timeouts at midfield with seconds left. Fred Goldsmith calls a timeout so we can align our defense. Texas wrote up a play on the sideline and threw the ball to Tony Jones to win with no time left. After the game Ken Hatfield made his "Jesus wept" remark which offended some people. After game Broyles grilled Hatfield about what happened and began his campaign to get rid of assistants. He told Hatfield if he had a losing season they would all be gone. That was the begining of the end for Ken.