Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

anybody else getting sick of hearing "if they do well in practice"?

Started by Foshodo, February 04, 2006, 03:16:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Foshodo

I understand that it's a logical way to coach... but in both football and basketball, it obviously isnt carrying over... there are some kids who this doesnt apply to, why not let the players prove themselves in game action? I realize it could cost games but i cant imagine many fans wouldnt accept a few extra losses to find the best players "gametime" then, if we lose, its cuz we're simply not good enough. I doubt a single person who represents HOG feels that Townes works harder than Thomas in practice and its damn certain Thomas shows 10x the heart during games...

same in football, for months all over these boards all you heard was how Casey Dick needs to be in games, we were missing out on  a gem QB when RJ and Mort couldnt handle their own jock straps, He gets put in and brings the most friggin hope to hog fans that they'd had in years...

RebelHawg

I know that you feel that way and most people do. The thing is seriously you go though that and see some of the things that go on with people during practice and what happens in the game. I am not exagerating about 90% of the time the way you practice is the way you play. For example sure Dick (FB) and Thomas (BB) might not be practice players, but that is a rare thing. For instance Fred Bledsoe. I like the guy, but he practice like he doesn't need too. This reflects on how he plays on game day, Loafs and Missed Assignments. I mean I know that very few people are game players and not practice players. Look at it this way....If they cannot get it done in practice how can you expect them to do well in games. I will take a statement I have learned and firmly believe from Tracy Rocker. "So you do not think you need to practice.....There is only one man that I have ever known that did not have to practice because he was that good...and that man was Bo Jackson...and none of you are Bo so you need to get your asses out there and work hard."