Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Apologies to Rick Schaeffer

Started by hogman64, February 03, 2006, 07:17:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogman64

I have posted on here you are the worst sports talk show host in history... I take it back and promise to never say it again..... The guy sitting in for Chuck B.  is the worst and it isnt even a contest..Jay Catley or Jake Hatley  or Jake Atley..........I was trapped on a 45 minute walk bundled up in clothes and gloves  with a transistor radio and decided to stick it out... he has to be the most boring sports  talk show host on the planet. he must have gone over his super bowl predictions 10 times in 45 minutes, including # of carries, yards and touchdowns predicted for  S. Alexander.........NO Mas Chuck..........Surely out of the huge crew of guys in sports in NW Ark , y ou can beat that..................

cookie52

hogman64

dude

Quote from: hogman64 on February 03, 2006, 07:17:46 pm
I have posted on here you are the worst sports talk show host in history... I take it back and promise to never say it again..... The guy sitting in for Chuck B.  is the worst and it isnt even a contest..Jay Catley or Jake Hatley  or Jake Atley..........I was trapped on a 45 minute walk bundled up in clothes and gloves  with a transistor radio and decided to stick it out... he has to be the most boring sports  talk show host on the planet. he must have gone over his super bowl predictions 10 times in 45 minutes, including # of carries, yards and touchdowns predicted for  S. Alexander.........NO Mas Chuck..........Surely out of the huge crew of guys in sports in NW Ark , y ou can beat that..................
Shaeffer is a whiny sports hack.
Bring back Joe Kline.......The truth shall set you free!

Ugly Uncle

Rick is a good man.  Very moral from what I understand. 

Problem is that he is a PR guy.  It has been his training to look for the good in things and present that.  So, his natural response is to point out the good in the bad situation.

Also, I think he is too nice.  He just can't bring himself to say anything bad about somebody.  I would love to have him as a friend.

However great those traits are, it isn't what you want in a sportscaster and colorman.  You kind of need someone mean and blunt.  Someone kind of like Mike Irwin. ;D
Retired Radio Host

CampuspostmanHOG

"Bring back Joe Kline.......The truth shall set you free!"

I never heard the story behind Kline getting replaced. What happened?

TIA

stan the man

Whenever Chuck is not on Sports Rap is not worth listening to.  It is absolutely horrible.  Why don't they have Mike Irwin and Bo do the show when he is not there.  They have used them at least once  before.  Anybody but the clown that is doing it now.  Maybe Chuck dosn't want anyone doing the show that would be competition for him.  If that is what he is worried about then he has nothing to worry about with this guy. 

hogman64

Quote from: ScottFaldon on February 03, 2006, 08:15:44 pm
I didn't hear the show tonight, but did Hatley constantly tell everybody he's the Voice of the Arkansas Twisters? Every time he does it, I can't help but think there are some listeners in Fayetteville, Jonesboro and Texarkana who thinking "Who the hell are the Arkansas Twisters?"

Yes he constantly mentioned that fact......You wouldnt believe how he went on and on and on about his prediction Seattle 35 pittsburgh 28... How could you not know that no  one  cares  what your prediction is..Geeeeezzzzz...

Tater Salad

Quote from: CampuspostmanHOG on February 03, 2006, 08:13:23 pm
"Bring back Joe Kline.......The truth shall set you free!"

I never heard the story behind Kline getting replaced. What happened?

TIA

He was the color commentator with Mike Nail. He criticized the team a lot and really told it like it is...and everyone liked that....except for JFB

I have a friend that talked to him at a concert not too long ago and asked him what happend and he said "The head hog on the Hill didn't like me"

Boared

Quote from: ScottFaldon on February 03, 2006, 08:15:44 pm
I didn't hear the show tonight, but did Hatley constantly tell everybody he's the Voice of the Arkansas Twisters? Every time he does it, I can't help but think there are some listeners in Fayetteville, Jonesboro and Texarkana who thinking "Who the hell are the Arkansas Twisters?"

Yes, I and I guess that's part of the deal---he (Jake Hatley) agrees to host as long as he can plug the Twisters games (that's his real job, after all). He's still boring as heck, but in his defense, I think recruiting has been discussed to death on the shows the last couple of days. I'm happy with the class, but I'm tired of re-hashing it. I think he just ran out of stuff to talk about and didn't have a guest on there like Chuck does with Dudley, Clay, or Otis. Kind of hard to carry a show by yourself for 3 hours.

OklaU

Quote from: stan the man on February 03, 2006, 08:32:50 pm
Whenever Chuck is not on Sports Rap is not worth listening to.  It is absolutely horrible.  Why don't they have Mike Irwin and Bo do the show when he is not there.  They have used them at least once  before.  Anybody but the clown that is doing it now.  Maybe Chuck dosn't want anyone doing the show that would be competition for him.  If that is what he is worried about then he has nothing to worry about with this guy. 

I don't see why Dudley can't host it.  Bill Vickery stinks too. 
"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."

Tater Salad

Rick Schaeffer is obscenely optimistic. I remember last year when we getting blown out at Miss State, it was late in the game and we were losing by at least 30 and he kept going on and on about "if we hit a 3 and steal the ball and hit another 3 and steal the ball and keep doing that the next 9 possessions then we can get back in this game"...he was saying that with like 50 secs left in the game...

Hog in MO

Well guys, that's the way it is and the way it will be as long as Rick Schaeffer works for ARSN, Chuck too for that matter.  No way either of them is ever going to say anything derrogatory about Frank, HDN, SH, DVH, or anybody or anything else associated with UA athletics.  If they do, they'll end up in the same boat with Joe Kline - and without his NBA pension to fall back on. 

Neither Mike nor Bo work for ARSN or any company that relies on Frank's good graces for their livlihood.  Just accept it for what it is or listen to something else.  Maybe one day somebody will see the huge vaccuum out there where an objective afternoon Razorback sports talk show should be and will meet that demand.