Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texarkana QB Mallet (Dallas Morning News)

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, February 03, 2006, 12:22:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

pheine78

Very informative article.  Thanks for the link.  Hopefully we will get another good QB next year. 
Nolan for defensive coordinator!

WichitaStateRazorback

I always thought once a Hog fan, always a Hog fan.

felixfan

let gus and alex get ahold of him.  if MM plays this year and Ryan redshirts next season then he will have 2 yers to play after MM if he doesnt beat him out. 

Come on gus and alex lets get the no.1 class next season

brooks74

I doubt Gus and Alex have even had time to look at next year's recruits.  Give them time to evaluate and start recruiting and I bet we are in the mix for Mallet.  You never know when you are going to get in the game with injuries and other things.  How many people were thinking at this time last year that a kid from Texas named Casey Dick would end up our starting qb.  I sure didn't.

The_Bionic_Pig

Just wait awhile and try to view it later.  Reguarding the article - I still believe its a 2-team race Arkansas & Texas unless he is afraid of competition then it will be Texas A&M or Texas Tech.  Yes I have heard that Lloyd Carr (Michigan) is after the kid hard and has even taken a trip to see him in Texarkana but unfortunatly he is going to stay close to home. 

Mitch doesn't redshirt - We stand a much better chance, because Mallet obviously wants to play his Freshman season or is intimidated by competition at the QB position.  Its one of the two!!!!

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hogfan064

Notice Nathan Dick on that top 50 list. He's listing Arkansas, Texas, Texas Tech, and A&M as favorites.  Other guys listing Hogs as favorites

RB Eli Lemon
RB Johnny Wooten
OG Jerrod Gooch
ATH Christian Scott

This isn't good enough.   We need to be on more Texas players' list.  This has been a problem since leaving the SWC

idochog

Quote from: brooks74 on February 03, 2006, 12:42:30 pm
I doubt Gus and Alex have even had time to look at next year's recruits.  Give them time to evaluate and start recruiting and I bet we are in the mix for Mallet.  You never know when you are going to get in the game with injuries and other things.  How many people were thinking at this time last year that a kid from Texas named Casey Dick would end up our starting qb.  I sure didn't.

I figure Woods and Gus taking measurements on the muzzle that is to be custom-fitted for Markuson to wear on the sidelines on game day.
I love Jesus!

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: BigNasty56187 on February 03, 2006, 12:36:47 pm

Nutt has changed that for many. It used to be that way but no longer.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

hogsanity

My guess is that the Hogs dropped from being his favorite team about 3 seconds after the MM LOI was received. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Tomhog™

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on February 03, 2006, 12:43:02 pm
unless he is afraid of competition then it will be Texas A&M or Texas Tech. 

This was my point in a thread yesterday.  Why would someone not consider Arkasas unless being afraid of competition?  How does USC, ND, and others land top QB year after year?  Mr. Mallett will have to skip a lot of BCS schools and play for a team likely not in the running for a BCS bowl game to avoid competition...

pfrg999

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 03, 2006, 01:01:40 pm

It never was for you.... Your not a has been, your a never was ... Like you avatar says ...Your a HornBlower
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Mike Tencleve

Then maybe he wasn't that big of a fan, if that is your logic?? Even most of the darksiders will always be a hog fan, no matter who the coach is. Don't blame a kid changing in mind on who his favorite team is on the coach. Get a clue.

dukefan

Quote from: hogsanity on February 03, 2006, 01:01:49 pm
My guess is that the Hogs dropped from being his favorite team about 3 seconds after the MM LOI was received. 
Yeah I'm sure Texas or Notre Dame does not have good Quarterbacks already!

hogsanity

Quote from: dukefan on February 03, 2006, 02:34:44 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on February 03, 2006, 01:01:49 pm
Yeah I'm sure Texas or Notre Dame does not have good Quarterbacks already!

Of course they do, well we dont know what Tx has after Vy left, but if you know you will be riding the pine for a couple years, where would you rather do so, for the Hogs or for Notre Dame
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

aspivey

The Great Dale Divider

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: aspivey on February 03, 2006, 02:39:18 pm
Is Nathan Dick, Casey's brother?

Yes his younger bigger, more talented brother. ;) (Kinda like Clausen)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

tophawg19

get this straight the darksiders ARE the true razorback fans . WE are the ones who want the best for the program and will not accept excuses or the this is the best we can do B.S  . the huggers either dont know or care enough to want the team to excell they are willing to stay where we are . they constantly look for next years excuse instead of next years fix .now the huggers can smite the darksiders applaud and we will see where most fans are .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

pbjones81

I didnt know Ryan Mallet grew up around Fayetteville.  Imagine if he wouldve stayed and attended Fayetteville High School where he wouldve taken on Mustain in the Fayetteville vs Springdale games....

Ugly Uncle

Did I read that article right?  Did it say that the QB that signed with Texas was the number 1 qb in Texas AND the nation?

Hmmmm...I wonder where all that kids awards came from?  Did I miss how he was the POY on everyone's list?
Retired Radio Host

Mike Tencleve

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 03, 2006, 02:46:56 pm
get this straight the darksiders ARE the true razorback fans . WE are the ones who want the best for the program and will not accept excuses or the this is the best we can do B.S  . the huggers either dont know or care enough to want the team to excell they are willing to stay where we are . they constantly look for next years excuse instead of next years fix .now the huggers can smite the darksiders applaud and we will see where most fans are .
Who the f*@k do you think you are? What a prick! How the hell can you say that just because you hate Nutt that you are the true hog fan. I don't think you speak for all the darksiders, all darksiders don't feel like they are true hog fans and the huggers aren't. I'm a proud HDN supporter, but i don't think for one second that i'm a better fan than notshavintilnuttgo or any of the other darksiders. We all can have thoughts and ideas on Hog sports, doesn't make one right or one wrong, doesn't make one a better fan or the true hog fan. People like you give the darksiders a worst rap than they desevere. Get a damn clue.

Tomhog™

Quote from: uglyuncle on February 03, 2006, 03:38:01 pm
Did I read that article right?  Did it say that the QB that signed with Texas was the number 1 qb in Texas AND the nation?

Hmmmm...I wonder where all that kids awards came from?  Did I miss how he was the POY on everyone's list?

Most everyone's list has Matthew Stafford on the list as the #1 QB in the nation.  MM has almost always been #2...

hogsanity

TO a point i would agree.  THe TURE FANS, whether labled hugger or darksider, are the ones who live and die with the team.  THe ones who go to games when its pouring rain, freezing cold, roasting sun, patsy opponent, etc.  And they go because THEIR TEAM IS PLAYING.  Now, in that group are people who try to look at the bright side and those who continually look for the flaws.  But they love their team. 

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Tomcat on February 03, 2006, 03:40:26 pm

Most everyone's list has Matthew Stafford on the list as the #1 QB in the nation.  MM has almost always been #2...

Yeah, I remember that now.  Thanks.
Retired Radio Host

pfrg999

Darksiders Love the Hogs... I will NEVER root for them to lose... Even if it means keeping a crappy coach... I cannot stand to lose... So if you are a Darksider who root against the Hogs... I will question your loyalty... I belive we need a New BB coach... and want to get another one... I am A darksider on Basketball... But like the person who came on this board and was berating the Hogs after they won.. is stupid... when we win be happy about it... When we lose be pissed... That doesn't mean you can't say we need to do things better... But c'mon It's like b!tching when you girlfriend or wife meets you at the door in Sexy lingerie and you complain about the color...
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

The_Bionic_Pig

February 03, 2006, 03:44:27 pm #26 Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 03:46:42 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie

The Elite 11 Camp this past summer is what vaulted Mathew Stafford ahead of M16.  Mitch had a bad showing (arm soreeness from Nike camp in Oxford,Ms) while Mr. Stafford came in fresh.  By the way Ryan Mallet had by far the strongest arm at that camp as a Junior.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

pfrg999

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on February 03, 2006, 03:44:27 pm

The Elite 11 Camp this past summer is what vaulted Mathew Stafford ahead of M16.  Mitch had a bad showing (due to just attending other camps) while Mr. Stafford came in fresh.  By the way Ryan Mallet had by far the strongest arm at that camp as a Junior.

Yes but Stafford went to another team so he sucks... MM came here so he is the best ;D

Mike Tencleve

Quote from: hogsanity on February 03, 2006, 03:41:46 pm

TO a point i would agree.  THe TURE FANS, whether labled hugger or darksider, are the ones who live and die with the team.  THe ones who go to games when its pouring rain, freezing cold, roasting sun, patsy opponent, etc.  And they go because THEIR TEAM IS PLAYING.  Now, in that group are people who try to look at the bright side and those who continually look for the flaws.  But they love their team. 

hogsanity i would agree with most of what you are saying, i do disagree that some fans truly love the hogs and don't go to the games, weather it's distance, money or whatever. My point is that i don't feel that I'm a better fan than those fans that can't make it to the games. We all love the hogs, as you said, but each persons situation is different.

wildhogman

I dont think Nutt changed it HIM, I been a hog fan my whole life, and I'll be a hogfan long after Nutt is gone.I outlasted Broyles, Hotlz, Hatfiled, Crowe,Ford, and I'll out last them all. No one wil ever deter me from cheering for my team, and shame on the "fans" who let someone deter them.

The_Bionic_Pig

The only thing I hate is Stafford has gotten a head start and has already as a student. & Texas' Jevan Snead have started classes already at Texas. :(
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

pfrg999

Quote from: mi-ky on February 03, 2006, 03:47:42 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on February 03, 2006, 03:41:46 pm

hogsanity i would agree with most of what you are saying, i do disagree that some fans truly love the hogs and don't go to the games, weather it's distance, money or whatever. My point is that i don't feel that I'm a better fan than those fans that can't make it to the games. We all love the hogs, as you said, but each persons situation is different.

Darksiders Love the Hogs... I will NEVER root for them to lose... Even if it means keeping a crappy coach... I cannot stand to lose... So if you are a Darksider who root against the Hogs... I will question your loyalty... I belive we need a New BB coach... and want to get another one... I am A darksider on Basketball... But like the person who came on this board and was berating the Hogs after they won.. is stupid... when we win be happy about it... When we lose be pissed... That doesn't mean you can't say we need to do things better... But c'mon It's like b!tching when you girlfriend or wife meets you at the door in Sexy lingerie and you complain about the color...

wildhogman

I resent you saying I am not a true fan because I dont get a on web board and scream like a fool every freaking post for the head coach to be fired. I doubt your any more fan then I am, or for that matter anyone who loves the hogs, get over yourself. Sad day when people are more proud of the fact they run down the hogs for coaching, players or anything else, then they are proud they support our hogs

wildhogman

Quote from: pfrg999 on February 03, 2006, 03:45:36 pm
Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on February 03, 2006, 03:44:27 pm

The Elite 11 Camp this past summer is what vaulted Mathew Stafford ahead of M16.  Mitch had a bad showing (due to just attending other camps) while Mr. Stafford came in fresh.  By the way Ryan Mallet had by far the strongest arm at that camp as a Junior.

Yes but Stafford went to another team so he sucks... MM came here so he is the best ;D
Spoken like a true hog fan;)

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: pfrg999 on February 03, 2006, 03:44:02 pm

You should write a book of advice for sports fans. You are full of good advice on how to handle being a fan. Thank you for being here.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

three

Quote from: hogfan064 on February 03, 2006, 12:58:08 pm
Notice Nathan Dick on that top 50 list. He's listing Arkansas, Texas, Texas Tech, and A&M as favorites.  Other guys listing Hogs as favorites

RB Eli Lemon
RB Johnny Wooten
OG Jerrod Gooch
ATH Christian Scott

This isn't good enough.   We need to be on more Texas players' list.  This has been a problem since leaving the SWC
Print that article, put that list on your bathroom mirror, and in about 8 months, go back and look at who hasn't listed Arkansas midway through their JR years of high school, and who is by the time they start their SR year.  Gus Malzahn and Alex Wood made remarkable improvements on a really bad class in about a month this year.  Imagine what will happen when they have all year to work on these kids.  This will change, trust me.
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

dukefan

Quote from: mi-ky on February 03, 2006, 03:39:10 pm
Who the f*@k do you think you are? What a prick! How the hell can you say that just because you hate Nutt that you are the true hog fan. I don't think you speak for all the darksiders, all darksiders don't feel like they are true hog fans and the huggers aren't. I'm a proud HDN supporter, but i don't think for one second that i'm a better fan than notshavintilnuttgo or any of the other darksiders. We all can have thoughts and ideas on Hog sports, doesn't make one right or one wrong, doesn't make one a better fan or the true hog fan. People like you give the darksiders a worst rap than they desevere. Get a damn clue.
Mi-ky is right on!

pfrg999

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 03, 2006, 04:17:23 pm
Quote from: pfrg999 on February 03, 2006, 03:44:02 pm

You should write a book of advice for sports fans. You are full of good advice on how to handle being a fan. Thank you for being here.

Lord knows that you couldn't... Your an Idiot that Can't even Get on a Donghorn Blower message board...You have to come here...and try to make your miserable existence worthwhile... Freaking Hornblower

Oh BTW

HA HA HA HA ... you are such a freaking Liar... and your making a fool of yourself.... "I had 6 Season Tickets" LIE ... You would have sd I had season tickets.... When I had Dinner with Calipari he told such funny stories..  LIE LIE LIE.... But it is Freaking Funny and SAD...  Your a Brokeback Mountain... Hornblower wanna be... Stewie Posted All of your predictions You were WRONG all the time...  It's sad Really... HA HA HA ...Lame hornblower

I of course think you are a Texass worm... and should go to Tuck Fexas boards to spew your Prodigious Drivel but yet you stay and try to  enlighten us with your (98%) crap overview of a university that you neither support nor have to much knowledge of.  Lets see  How do you come by your vast knowledge of the Razorback Program.... Talk to the Players.. Huh, oh then Coaches Hummm, Then Staff maybe well heck, Are You On campus Much? How many games go you go to.... Did you go to school there... C'mon oh Donghorn Blower... Tell us you Great and vast knowledge.... You are like the Wizard of Oz... Some big Bluster and pull back the curtain... nothing but a Gimpy old POS, who doesn't know Jack... Sad really

You put people down when you cannot deal with the facts....