Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Season Not Over

Started by Razorod, February 03, 2006, 11:53:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorod

I'm not the biggest Heath out there, but I don't think the season is over yet. Looking at our schedule there is only one game that I really think we don't win--at Tennessee. All road games will be difficult, and I'm not suggesting we win the other three road games, but they are "winnable." LSU's shortage of guards makes them vulnerable, if we'll take advantage of it is another matter.

Anyway, I still think it's possible for us to finish at 9-7. All it requires is holding serve at home, and winning one more game on the road. I'm not predicting it, but I'm not giving up on the season either.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

NATEHOGG216

Well GOOD.  Don't give up.  Hell maybe we will continue to suck and not make the NIT.  Im not predicting it, just saying its possible if we continue playing without heart or desire.
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

claycohog

Maybe we should fire his butt before the game. The heck with it.  Hipsher can take us to the Final Four.  How about it, Nate.

RealSmartGuy

All those are winnable games, kinda winnable like MSU, LSU, Alabama and Kentucky.  Those were winnable games and in 3 of those we lead by double digits.  Some people are so nieve, Even Beaver Cleaver understands Stan is an idiot.

claycohog

Beaver:  Wally, why does an educated man like Frank Broyles hire an unproven coach like Stan Heath.

Wally:  I don't know, Beave.  Maybe Frank Broyles is old and senile.

oldbooniehog

The season is not over.

However, there is nothing, and I do mean nothing that gives fans any real reason to hope that the Hogs will recover and win enough to get to the NCAA tournament.

3-25 on the road in the SEC in almost four complete seasons.

Where's the hope in that?

A tendancy to blow double-digit leads on teams, including six such blown leads this season alone.

A history of never once playing in any sort of post-season tournament with Heath as the head coach.

Again, the season is not really over at this point.

But, there are no reasons for fans to get really exicted about that fact.

oldbooniehog

Sonofahog

Quote from: Razorod on February 03, 2006, 11:53:20 am
I'm not the biggest Heath out there, but I don't think the season ......

Not trying to offend,  but I started laughing when I read this.  "I am not the biggest Heath out there..."  I started to picture Stan really fat and it cracked me up.  It must be close to a weekend because I am easily amused right now!!
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

Shawn

I really hope the Hogs pull it together and finish strong. I really do! It is starting to appear that losing to Mississippi State could really hurt them come March. There are certain teams Arkansas has to knock off and one was State and the other was Alabama. I understand about Kentucky and LSU but to me Alabama and State REALLY hurt!!!

GorillaJMonsoon

February 03, 2006, 04:30:18 pm #8 Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 04:32:04 pm by GorillaJMonsoon
I'm not the biggest Heath out there, but I don't think the season is over yet. Looking at our schedule there is only one game that I really think we don't win--at Tennessee. All road games will be difficult, and I'm not suggesting we win the other three road games, but they are "winnable." LSU's shortage of guards makes them vulnerable, if we'll take advantage of it is another matter.

Anyway, I still think it's possible for us to finish at 9-7. All it requires is holding serve at home, and winning one more game on the road. I'm not predicting it, but I'm not giving up on the season either.

I'm not a big Heath either, but I think I have watched or listened to my last Razorback BB game this year.  Too much like last year, and the year before.  Roll through non-conference schedule, can't win SEC games, especially on the road.  Can't hold a lead, no matter how big.  Anything IS possible, but after MSU, Alabama, Kentucky, I am just tired of the same old chokes, losing "winnable" games, and the first half moral victories.  "Next weeks game is pivotal!", "We are about to turn the corner",  "Season not over", what other lame ass thread can we start to discuss another disappointing BB season? 

Also, the guy above who said that he "understands" the Kentucky loss.  Please explain that one to me, because I cannot fathom coming to terms with such a colossal choke.

jkstock04

Quote from: GorillaJMonsoon on February 03, 2006, 04:30:18 pm

"Next weeks game is pivotal!"
Ya really...how many times have we heard that in both basketball and football?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

BloodRedHog

I screwed up...

I got excited...

I forgot Stan's performance in the past...

I live out of state so I...

spent money on ESPN Full Court to see the Hogs...

What a waste of money...I am done with the lifeless, spineless, no fire in the gut Heath...
Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: stillahog on February 03, 2006, 01:41:52 pm
I'm not the biggest Heath out there, but I don't think the season ......

Not trying to offend,  but I started laughing when I read this.  "I am not the biggest Heath out there..."  I started to picture Stan really fat and it cracked me up.  It must be close to a weekend because I am easily amused right now!!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HairyHog

I'm not a big Heath either.  3 road wins in your career at Arkansas.

WILL CLINTON

Did you forget about the Florida game?  They will have their way with us, and LSU at their house is an L.  that is 3 right there, and Bama is no given, hell SC is no given tomorrow.  we should beat Auburn, Georgia and Miss St. but then again we should have beaten KY, Bama and LSU.  I will be amased if we finish above .500 for the conference, again..
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.