Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

what should i do?

Started by returntoglory, February 03, 2006, 12:10:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

returntoglory

i have been saving money for a while for when i for when i get out of college. my brother has just recently asked me to go in on season tickets for the razorbacks with him.  thats quite a chunk of change for a college kid, but its also going to be the year of change. what would you do?

dmhog v2.0

whatsshakinbacon

bail money for dmhog!

Bacon out...

chiefsfan

Dont spend it.   Wait till your out of school and making a salary for real...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

CiriusPorker

..you're a student?  at UA?  and you wanna buy regular tickets?  get an extra set of student tickets for him..save yourself BOTH some cash
...or buy the tickets...

I say you will regret it if you don't..live like you have no regrets..

Pig Pumper

Quote from: returntoglory on February 03, 2006, 12:10:53 am
i have been saving money for a while for when i for when i get out of college. my brother has just recently asked me to go in on season tickets for the razorbacks with him.  thats quite a chunk of change for a college kid, but its also going to be the year of change. what would you do?

Well, if you go to the U of A, get student tickets.

If not, throw in on the season tickets.  There is nothing as fun as going to Razorback Football Games.

Reaganite

I thought new season ticket holders got stuck in the upper deck?

I'm planning on going to the Fayetteville home games and will snag tickets the week before the games.  They're out there to be had.  My problem is I have to find five together everytime.

Table Rocker

Three words: Vegas baby, Vegas.

Pig Pumper

Quote from: Reaganite on February 03, 2006, 01:27:44 am
I thought new season ticket holders got stuck in the upper deck?

I'm planning on going to the Fayetteville home games and will snag tickets the week before the games.  They're out there to be had.  My problem is I have to find five together everytime.

The Upper deck usually has the louder, better fans.

Everytime I sit in the lower deck I get frustrated at all of the kids and families around.  Nobody gets loud and rumbunctious.  But that's just me.

Student section is always the place to sit.

dhornjr1

Go ahead and get the season tickets. Both the football and basketball programs can't suck forever. Can they?.......Can they?.......Can they??????

CiriusPorker

dude..what is 200 dollars per year?  When you get out of college you're gonna be making enough money to not even worry about 200 dollars per year....get 'em, dude!

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Bogarto on February 03, 2006, 02:23:18 am
drink lots of beer it turns bow into wow

And makes all of the punctuation keys on the keyboard inoperative.

On serious note, get the tickets.

What else do you have to do on a Saturday in the Fall? 

The alternative is being stuck at home watching TLC or HGTV (you know those shows where they makeover stuff) with your wife/girlfriend all day.

Save your manhood and get the tickets.  You'll thank me 6 months from now.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

RAZORBART

get a job this summer to pay the cost of tickets. It won't kill you, I promise.

hogfankb

If you have a job lined up for when you get out of school then get the tickets.

If you don't have a job, save it. Cause you will need it to try and stay out of debt.

HogPsych

Get student tickets - they're easy to get even if your not a student.  I know people who've been "students" for 10 years. 

WILL CLINTON

wait till game day every Saturday, then buy tickets in the visitors section.  I had tickets in the Bama section when we "ran up the score on them" and it was freakin great.  I also had tickets in the Texas section when the infamous Jones fumble occurred, it was almost sweet. ...
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

toshortrock

Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

HogISH™

put it all on the under in the superbowl. buy the 1/2 if you can!

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

HogJoeHelm

By the way, I am a former student at the U of A (not gonna say alumni, I have a little left to finish), and I can still get into the student section with a ticket, because I have the updated version of the student ID, issued in 2001.  Does anyone know when they are coming out with a new version? 

Sitting in the student section rocks! 

12under

i got a great tip from "my sources" on the 6 horse in the 3rd race at Aquaduct

MGCAPRI

If your asking us what to do you really need to save that money you will be needing it!!!

Hog in MO

I've got this great new investment idea that's gonna make you and I a killing - I just know it!  All it takes is $2,500 and a winning attitude!  Just send that money order to  Box 12, Ozark, MO, 65721 and I'll be contacting you soon with the details...TRUST ME!!!!
;)

WichitaStateRazorback

Quote from: dmhog v2.0 on February 03, 2006, 12:17:12 am
Hookers and booze.
You forgot coacaine.  You can't have hookers without cocaine.

pbjones81

Quote from: Pig Pumper on February 03, 2006, 01:32:42 am

The Upper deck usually has the louder, better fans.

Everytime I sit in the lower deck I get frustrated at all of the kids and families around.  Nobody gets loud and rumbunctious.  But that's just me.

youre kidding right?  I about fell asleep the only time i sat in the nose bleed section.  The only reason I did was because they were the only tickets we could find at the last minute for 3 people.  I refuse to ever sit up there again.  I'll watch the game on TV or listen on the radio before I sit up there again. 

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: returntoglory on February 03, 2006, 12:10:53 am

Good lord, don't blow your savings on something like that.  Season tickets are for people who have good regular jobs.  Use that money to give yourself a margin for error in life.  Guarantee you'll be able to get better tickets on an a la carte basis.  You can spend less just buying individual club seats.
[CENSORED]!

pfrg999

Quote from: dmhog v2.0 on February 03, 2006, 12:17:12 am
Hookers and booze.

And Hog Tickets.... That's the ticket.....I'll buy that for a dollar
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

hogfan98

save it, unless you have a good paying job already lined up.  you'll have plenty of chances to get season tickets in the future when you have a real job and a constant source of income.  if for some reason a game is sold out, you can always find tickets outside the gates.  like biggus said, leave yourself some room for error.  you never know when you will need the extra money, and don't just assume you'll have a good job.

hawaiianhogster

Weigh your options first. Then buy the tickets. This season will mark the beginning of something special. Do you want to be a part of that ?