Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tracy Rocker--Could he be Auburn's next DC?

Started by Roadrunner, February 02, 2006, 02:46:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadrunner

Word in Kansas City is that Auburn's defensive coordinator is going to the Chiefs.
What do you think about Rocker's chances of going "home" to be a DC there and why?
When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.

Jim Harris

Quote from: Roadrunner on February 02, 2006, 02:46:37 pm
Word in Kansas City is that Auburn's defensive coordinator is going to the Chiefs.
What do you think about Rocker's chances of going "home" to be a DC there and why?

Slim and none to be coordinator. Odds are fair to be hired back there as the line coach.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

dmhog v2.0

JJHog

Can Rocker recuit? If not, then I would not be that sad to see him go.

Can anyone say JOhn Blake?????
" Think Right, Do Right"

silvertip

I was just listening to sports talk show in Birmingham. The subject of Auburn DC came up & Rocker was not mentioned. I think if there was any "buzz" out there about Rocker, these guys would have heard it. Can't even remember who was mentioned 'cause I don't really care.

hog caller

stir the pos some more guys.  always interested in new info.

hogwildinhouston

I just don't see Rocker's resume being enough to get him the DC job.  He has ties to Auburn, but necessarily to Tuberville.  Arkansas has been his first BCS conference job, and that's only been for 2 years.  Tubby and Aubby have too much $$$ to throw around to chance a first time DC.  The on-staff assistants at Auburn have more impressive resumes than Rocker.

radar

I have really been dissapointed in Rocker's D line recruiting. You would think D linemen would want to play for a coach that accomplished what he did during his playing days.

Oklahawg

The reasons we'd not be disappointed in Rocker moving on would be the same reasons Auburn might not want him.

The timing of the thing isn't good for Auburn, and could be worse for whatever team they rob. Coaches tend to move jobs in a very narrow window--Thanksgiving to Christmas.

I think that John Blake would have some serious cash dangled in front of him should we have an opening. The need for a strong recruiter is obvious, even to denser members of our coaching fraternity!
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

CorningHog

I would not begin to judge Rocker on his D-line recruiting, maybe more so because of where we are at in terms of winning.  He didn't lose any in-state D-line hosses that Arkansas wanted, and with a much better record in '06, he may land a few.

I see Rocker's line being much, much improved this year.  Besides, if Herring saw deficiencies with Coach Rocker's coaching ability or teaching he would remove him for someone better.

I thought last year Rocker's guys did very well towards the middle half and on and the DE's are where we really hurt.  That was unfortunately due to the fact that we had no real DE's on campus.  Jamaal Anderson came on towards the end.  Sims had a few plays.  We need two or three to really become pass rushers and run support stoppers.  I think this is the year you see the "dividends" of Tracy Rocker.  Reggie will get his LB's in gear and you can bet that Bobby Allen & Louis Campbell will field some great safeties and cornerbacks.  It should be an interesting year if we can "again" avoid any major injuries!

Go easy on Rocker and for now, I doubt he is the candidate of choice for Tubberville but it would not be a stretch if Arkansas gets some big wins next year to see him get some offers down the road!
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

pigfeet

Quote from: hogwildinhouston on February 02, 2006, 05:27:04 pm
I just don't see Rocker's resume being enough to get him the DC job.  He has ties to Auburn, but necessarily to Tuberville.  Arkansas has been his first BCS conference job, and that's only been for 2 years.  Tubby and Aubby have too much $$$ to throw around to chance a first time DC.  The on-staff assistants at Auburn have more impressive resumes than Rocker.

Better than Nutt too.

hogpowr

I like Rocker, we have a good coaching staff. :razorback:
Welcome Coach Bielema!

Chief Mac

Quote from: CorningHog on February 02, 2006, 11:11:21 pm
I would not begin to judge Rocker on his D-line recruiting, maybe more so because of where we are at in terms of winning.  He didn't lose any in-state D-line hosses that Arkansas wanted, and with a much better record in '06, he may land a few.

I see Rocker's line being much, much improved this year.  Besides, if Herring saw deficiencies with Coach Rocker's coaching ability or teaching he would remove him for someone better.

I thought last year Rocker's guys did very well towards the middle half and on and the DE's are where we really hurt.  That was unfortunately due to the fact that we had no real DE's on campus.  Jamaal Anderson came on towards the end.  Sims had a few plays.  We need two or three to really become pass rushers and run support stoppers.  I think this is the year you see the "dividends" of Tracy Rocker.  Reggie will get his LB's in gear and you can bet that Bobby Allen & Louis Campbell will field some great safeties and cornerbacks.  It should be an interesting year if we can "again" avoid any major injuries!

Go easy on Rocker and for now, I doubt he is the candidate of choice for Tubberville but it would not be a stretch if Arkansas gets some big wins next year to see him get some offers down the road!

The position coaches do not recruit only their positions, they recruit areas.  Blake supposedly has a reputation of being a top notch recruiter ala Rodney Gardner at UGA.  If he is half as good as Gardner, I would throw oodles of money his way if Rocker left and be 100% happy with the change.

WPS

Chris
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Buck Ocean

QuoteI would not begin to judge Rocker on his D-line recruiting, maybe more so because of where we are at in terms of winning.  He didn't lose any in-state D-line hosses that Arkansas wanted, and with a much better record in '06, he may land a few.

I tried to listen to most of the signing day broadcast the other day.....and didn't hear Rocker's name once......and if I remember right, I haven't heard his name mentioned with an at-home visit or any kind of recruiting.

I'm not saying that he doesn't recruit, but I hear Decker's name more than Rocker and Decker is a maroon in the weightroom.
Think like a Jedi

RebelHawg

Tracy Rocker is a excellent coach. He is exactly what the U of A needs. Unlike most coaches in the NCAA he tells the players how it is. He has a very great knowledge of the game and what it takes to be the best. I would hate to see him go, but we do not have to worry about him getting the Auburn job  http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2318265. The only thing I wish could have been different is that he didn't have the knee problems in his career, because he would have been something special in the NFL.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: Oklahawg on February 02, 2006, 09:17:10 pm
The reasons we'd not be disappointed in Rocker moving on would be the same reasons Auburn might not want him.

The timing of the thing isn't good for Auburn, and could be worse for whatever team they rob. Coaches tend to move jobs in a very narrow window--Thanksgiving to Christmas.

I think that John Blake would have some serious cash dangled in front of him should we have an opening. The need for a strong recruiter is obvious, even to denser members of our coaching fraternity!

One reason JB might consider coming to Fayetteville is that it would be a few hours closer to home.  He is from Sand Springs, OK.

Do you think he might prefer to stay in the B12 so he can attempt to knock OU down every once in awhile?

silvertip

February 04, 2006, 10:01:03 am #16 Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 10:22:22 am by silvertip
Auburn hired a DC Friday. Don't recall the name (don't care) but I know it was done.

Well, dayum, it's right here on the sports page of the B'ham News.
Will Muschamp, who followed Saban from LSU to the Miami Dolphins.
At only 34yrs old, this guy is on the rise! Was "assistant head coach for defense" with the Dolphins, now DC with Auburn.

Maybe the Hawgs next HC?  ;)

idochog

Quote from: hogpowr on February 02, 2006, 11:38:58 pm
I like Rocker, we have a good coaching staff. :razorback:

You need to rethink that quote.  Markuson, Bobby Allen and Decker are still a part of the staff.
I love Jesus!