Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who is our recruiting coordinator?

Started by JJHog, February 02, 2006, 01:18:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JJHog

Does Alex Wood have the experience to handle the job as a R.C. in the SEC?
" Think Right, Do Right"

fusbal11

Chris Vaughn is currently the recruiting coordinator.
Wooo Pig

Hogwild07

Considering what Wood has done in the short period of time he's been here, he is obviously capable of handling the responsibilities of recruiting coordinator.

pfrg999

Quote from: Hogwild07 on February 02, 2006, 02:03:32 pm
Considering what Wood has done in the short period of time he's been here, he is obviously capable of handling the responsibilities of recruiting coordinator.

Sounds right to me
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

pseudorabies

According to Nutt, Chris Vaughn will retain the title of Recruiting Coordinator.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: fusbal11 on February 02, 2006, 01:30:53 pm

Chris the RC and Cliffton is HS coaches contract, for not have the exact title.  Cliffton is CONTACT to the HS coaches and very well thoughts by them.

JJHog

Quote from: Hog1961 on February 02, 2006, 02:23:00 pm
Quote from: fusbal11 on February 02, 2006, 01:30:53 pm

Chris the RC and Cliffton is HS coaches contract, for not have the exact title.  Cliffton is CONTACT to the HS coaches and very well thoughts by them.

CV was responsible for signing more players than any other coach this year--FWIW
" Think Right, Do Right"

mikeirwin

Since he is not a position coach anymore Vaughn is a logical choice to handle the job with help from Ealy.
They're not gonna pay those guys a full time salary just to attend a few coaching clinics and make sure visiting recruits have a good time.

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: mikeirwin on February 02, 2006, 03:46:04 pm
Since he is not a position coach anymore Vaughn is a logical choice to handle the job with help from Ealy.
They're not gonna pay those guys a full time salary just to attend a few coaching clinics and make sure visiting recruits have a good time.

Vaughn can handle this job.  And it is a good move for us to have a full time recruiting coordinator who isn't distracted by on the field coaching duties. 

Bacon out...

fu-man-soo

"Vaughn will move from safeties coach and recruiting coordinator to director of on-campus recruiting"

hogwildinhouston

It all depends on how you are defining RC.  Only 9 assistants can have contact with recruits off-campus.  If all the position coaches recruit, then all Vaughn can do is basically "organize" recruiting.  He can't personally recruit the players.  He can develop the list of target players, assign coaches to recruit them, organize recruiting weekends, etc.  He can't however actually "recruit" the player.  Now, someone else may know if this is true, but they could I think designate a position coach as "non-recruiting" and him not have contact off campus with recruits (Campbell maybe) and allow Vaughn to serve in that role.  I'm not sure on that.   I do know that 9 is the limit to actually recruit players.

pseudorabies

Quote from: hogwildinhouston on February 02, 2006, 05:34:06 pm
It all depends on how you are defining RC.  Only 9 assistants can have contact with recruits off-campus.  If all the position coaches recruit, then all Vaughn can do is basically "organize" recruiting.  He can't personally recruit the players.  He can develop the list of target players, assign coaches to recruit them, organize recruiting weekends, etc.  He can't however actually "recruit" the player.  Now, someone else may know if this is true, but they could I think designate a position coach as "non-recruiting" and him not have contact off campus with recruits (Campbell maybe) and allow Vaughn to serve in that role.  I'm not sure on that.   I do know that 9 is the limit to actually recruit players.

We have nothing to worry about regarding only 9 coaches having contact with recruits off campus.  Most in the know understand that Markuson and Shiebest couldn't recruit a fat kid to a pizza buffet.

pioneerhog

Quote from: pseudorabies on February 02, 2006, 07:38:57 pm
Most in the know understand that Markuson and Shiebest couldn't recruit a fat kid to a pizza buffet.
Thats a good one pseudo, I liked that. On a side note I did hear CV today on DTS and he talks like he knows what he is doing as far as recruiting goes. It will be interesting to see if our recruiting is any better with a full time RC.

jj202020

Vaughn is awful.

And he sorta reminds me of Tatoo from Fantsy Island..............

Tony Sloprano

February 04, 2006, 09:31:34 am #14 Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 09:33:49 am by Tony Sloprano
Quote from: hogwildinhouston on February 02, 2006, 05:34:06 pm
It all depends on how you are defining RC.  Only 9 assistants can have contact with recruits off-campus.  If all the position coaches recruit, then all Vaughn can do is basically "organize" recruiting.  He can't personally recruit the players.  He can develop the list of target players, assign coaches to recruit them, organize recruiting weekends, etc.  He can't however actually "recruit" the player.  Now, someone else may know if this is true, but they could I think designate a position coach as "non-recruiting" and him not have contact off campus with recruits (Campbell maybe) and allow Vaughn to serve in that role.  I'm not sure on that.   I do know that 9 is the limit to actually recruit players.

Here are the official NCAA rules :

"13.1.2.5.2 Department-Wide Responsibilities
An athletics department staff member who has department-wide responsibilities (e.g., recruiting coordinator) may not recruit or evaluate prospects off campus in the sport of football or basketball unless the staff member is counted as a countable coach in that sport. (See Bylaws 11.7.2.3 and 11.7.3.3 for restrictions related to recruiting coordination functions in Divisions I-A and I-AA football.)
Also :

"11.7.2.3 Football Recruiting Coordination Functions  I-A
All football recruiting coordination functions (except routine clerical tasks) must be performed by the head coach or one or more of the full-time assistant coaches. Such functions include: (Revised: 1/10/95)

(a) Activities involving athletics evaluation and/or selection of prospects. (Adopted: 1/10/95)

(b) Telephone calls to prospects (or prospects' parents or legal guardians or the prospects' coach). (Adopted: 1/10/95)

(c) Preparation of general recruiting correspondence to prospects (or prospects' parents or legal guardians). (Adopted: 1/10/95) "

As to the number of coaches allowed to recruit :

"11.7.4 Limitations on Number -- Off-Campus Recruiting
There shall be a limit on the number of coaches who may be employed by an institution and who may contact or evaluate prospects off-campus at any one time in each sport as follows: (Revised: 1/10/91 effective 8/1/92, 1/9/96 effective 8/1/96, 1/12/04 effective 8/1/04)

Sport ---Football, Division I-A (Adopted: 4/28/05 effective 8/1/05)

Total number of Head or Assistant Coaches = 12
Limit on Off-Campus Recruiters = 7

Also:

"11.7.2.2 Contact and Evaluation of Prospects Limited to Full-Time Coaches. Only those coaches who are counted by the institution within the numerical limitations on full-time head and assistant coaches may contact or evaluate prospective student-athletes off campus. In addition, there is a limit of seven coaches (including the head coach) who may contact or evaluate prospective student-athletes off campus at any one time (see Bylaw 11.7.4). "