Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

STAN DA MAN

Started by RealSmartGuy, February 02, 2006, 11:26:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RealSmartGuy

I get so tired of hearing everyone say that Stan Heath is the right guy for the job, its ridiculous.  I as much as anyone realized just how bad the program was when Nolan left, in complete shambles, but the guy has had 3-1/2 years to at least notch one significant victory over somebody good, and he can't do it, he is 3-25 on the road in SEC play, that is the worst stat I have ever seen, if Dave Van Horn had a kid who was in a 3-25 slump, he would be on the bench.  You would think Heath could muster at least one win of some significance, but he can't, he blows 15 and 18 pt leads, his team quit on him last year, THEY BASICALLY QUIT,  they always lose and blow leads, and what is weird about it is they blow a lead and can't get it back, that shows to me, no heart and zero leadership, at some point you either crap or get off the pot, and where are all these so called great recruits we've had, what labels a great recruit?  How about someone who can freakin shoot the ball, how about realizing that Dontrell Jefferson is awful, and playing someone who at least speeds up the game and plays hard, not commits stupid fouls and dribbles down the court with his back to the basket and stops his dribble entirely too much.  Bottom line stan, you look good on the sideline, studious, but you need to go.

FIRE STAN

huggers, smite me all you want, and you can take your 8-8 SEC record

Darksiders I need some support on this one!!

Hogs4Ever

Positive karma for you.  Complete agreement here to all you stated.  Heath can't get it done in the SEC.

Dwight_K_Shrute

February 02, 2006, 12:11:27 pm #2 Last Edit: February 02, 2006, 12:22:23 pm by Dwight_K_Shrute
After exhaustive research I have come to the conclusion that Stan Heath is more than likely a robot, or to be technically correct an android.  Although I have seen androids with more emotions than Stan.

We should not be blaming Stan for the poor performance of the basketball team we should be blaming his programmers.

Why do I think Stan is a robot?

Fact:  Robots are controlled by programs that basically tell them what to do in certain situations.  The robot cannot deviate from that program.  Stan and his team typically do the same thing year after year.  Can't bust the zone, blow big leads.  It repeats itself like a program time after time after time.  It's just a loop program that the other team figures out by half time.

Fact:  Stan has been criticized for showing little or no emotion during games.  Robots and Androids lack the abilitity to show emotion.  Data from STNG is a perfect example

Fact:  Where does Stan Heath come from?  Michigan, What is produced in Michigan?  Automobiles,  What do they use to make the cars.  Highly sophisticated Robots!  His Bio lists his college as ALBION.  This is not a college at all but a test facility for robots and androids.

A-rtificial
L-ife
B-ionics
I-ntelligence
O-ptimization
N-etwork

What I think happened in replacing Nolan is that Frank wanted a robot.  But being Frank he went cheap and got a model with outdated technology, hence the reliance on the Big Ten style of play that has long since become obsolete.

He has hoped that with the right mix of talent this style of play would be successful enough so that he might find a buyer for Stan 1.0 and be able to upgrade to the Anderson XP model.

Rob Flaska had found out Stan was a robot one day when he walked in the office and found Stan drinking motor oil and plugged into an extension cord.

The official story is that he was hired at Centenary.  Has anyone heard or seen Flaska since?

So don't blame Stan the man, or Stan the inanimate.  Remember the old adage in programming GIGO.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

MCPeePants

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on February 02, 2006, 12:11:27 pm
After exhaustive research I have come to the conclusion that Stan Heath is more than likely a robot, or to be technically correct an android.  Although I have seen androids with more emotions than Stan.

According to Mo Battingly this morning, Stan Heath told Townes during the Kentucky game that if he didn't start blocking out better, he was going to kill him when they got home.

That sounds somewhat emotional.

RealSmartGuy

Angry Stan, that a way to motivate him, did he tell him he was going to kill him and then pat him on his back?  Townes has gotten worse this year, 10 times worse, how many times is he going to get the ball 18 ft from the hole, take 3 dribbles to his right and toss up a prayer?  Now that is great motion offense, I still say this team would be better pressing for 40 minutes, but what do I know, im 0-0 in SEC play the past 4 years, at least STan has 3 wins and a .120 winning percentage.

pfrg999

Stan is Gone unless he runs the Table to close to that... 2 wins in the SEC and 2 wins in the NCAA
Best Case 7-2 in the last 9 games ... 22-8 .. 2-1 in the  SEC tourney 24-9... 2 NCAA wins 26-10 He stays

Worst case 2-7 Last 9  17-13,  0-1 SEC tour  17-14 NIT bid, if they Go  1-1 In the NIT 18-15  He is Gone

or Probable 5-4  20-10, 1-1 SEC tourney, 21-11, NCAA 10 or 11 seed, 0-1   21-12...  60/40 Gone

Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Lanny

Quote from: RealSmartGuy on February 02, 2006, 11:26:19 am
I get so tired of hearing everyone say that Stan Heath is the right guy for the job, its ridiculous.  I as much as anyone realized just how bad the program was when Nolan left, in complete shambles, but the guy has had 3-1/2 years to at least notch one significant victory over somebody good, and he can't do it, he is 3-25 on the road in SEC play, that is the worst stat I have ever seen, if Dave Van Horn had a kid who was in a 3-25 slump, he would be on the bench.  You would think Heath could muster at least one win of some significance, but he can't, he blows 15 and 18 pt leads, his team quit on him last year, THEY BASICALLY QUIT,  they always lose and blow leads, and what is weird about it is they blow a lead and can't get it back, that shows to me, no heart and zero leadership, at some point you either crap or get off the pot, and where are all these so called great recruits we've had, what labels a great recruit?  How about someone who can freakin shoot the ball, how about realizing that Dontrell Jefferson is awful, and playing someone who at least speeds up the game and plays hard, not commits stupid fouls and dribbles down the court with his back to the basket and stops his dribble entirely too much.  Bottom line stan, you look good on the sideline, studious, but you need to go.

FIRE STAN

huggers, smite me all you want, and you can take your 8-8 SEC record

Darksiders I need some support on this one!!

Stan the Lamb can't leave quick enough for me.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

RealSmartGuy

HSV I added you to the darksider list, I apologize for not having you on there, our numbers are getting so large, I get lost

hogmary

Please add me to the Darksider list, as well. 

Stan is not Frank's robot, he is John White's. 

McKdaddy

Quote from: pfrg999 on February 02, 2006, 12:25:06 pm
Stan is Gone unless he runs the Table to close to that... 2 wins in the SEC and 2 wins in the NCAA
Best Case 7-2 in the last 9 games ... 22-8 .. 2-1 in the  SEC tourney 24-9... 2 NCAA wins 26-10 He stays

Worst case 2-7 Last 9  17-13,  0-1 SEC tour  17-14 NIT bid, if they Go  1-1 In the NIT 18-15  He is Gone

or Probable 5-4  20-10, 1-1 SEC tourney, 21-11, NCAA 10 or 11 seed, 0-1   21-12...  60/40 Gone

My fear is that this team will finish up 5-4, 6-3 at best, and that SH will again be perceived as "making improvement" by those that call the shots.  I want improvement, not mediocre improvement, as we've had 4 years running.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: McKdaddy on February 02, 2006, 12:51:03 pmMy fear is that this team will finish up 5-4, 6-3 at best, and that SH will again be perceived as "making improvement" by those that call the shots.  I want improvement, not mediocre improvement, as we've had 4 years running.

My fear is that Stan will one day short circuit wreaking mayhem and destruction on innocent bystanders at BWA.  Wait that is happening now.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Sanctified Swine

continued improvement every year -- if he keeps this up we just might win a championship -- get off of him -- if we were going backwards I would understand - but we are better every year-- unlike the football team.

tmac

Championship teams don't get better very year, they are championship teams year after year, look at Duke, North Carolina, Michigan, Texas etc. etc. They may not win championships every year, but they play like champions. They win because their coach is a winner, they won't accept anything less.

pignatious

How in the world can you say this team has improved, when we are 3-25 in road games in the SEC under Stan and still blowing huge leads in games regularly, have no organized system of offense or defense, no intensity, no mental toughness, no true point guard, no outside shooters, etc? Stan Heath is the worst basketball coach in the conference, and is completely in over his head. He can not compete at this level and it is obvious.  :puke:
Freedom is never free.

Calling All Hogs

QuoteAccording to Mo Battingly this morning, Stan Heath told Townes during the Kentucky game that if he didn't start blocking out better, he was going to kill him when they got home.
Stan the tough guy LOL

http://www.Farkansas.com/

hogman64

Quote from: MCPeePants on February 02, 2006, 12:13:42 pm
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on February 02, 2006, 12:11:27 pm

According to Mo Battingly this morning, Stan Heath told Townes during the Kentucky game that if he didn't start blocking out better, he was going to kill him when they got home.

That sounds somewhat emotional.

Maybe something like .. your butt will be running five hours a day next week, or a threat of no playing time  would be a little more effective and realistic.........than.." I am going to kill you."..seems a little like an idle threat to me......