Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

we need new Uniforms

Started by Red40, January 30, 2006, 08:59:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog inAustin

I wasn't too pleased with the sparkles when I first learned about them, but I have a new game helmet in my bar here deep in the heart of texas (right by my program from the 2003 game) and my longhorn pals are impressed...let's just get the cardinal colors consistent and do not go back to those weird jerseys from 2003...

The sparkles are going to look pretty darn good tomorrow in Springdale...

Red40

Quote from: Hog inAustin on January 31, 2006, 10:21:14 pm
I wasn't too pleased with the sparkles when I first learned about them, but I have a new game helmet in my bar here deep in the heart of texas (right by my program from the 2003 game) and my longhorn pals are impressed...let's just get the cardinal colors consistent and do not go back to those weird jerseys from 2003...

The sparkles are going to look pretty darn good tomorrow in Springdale...
Whats the name of your bar?  Would like to have a beer right now.  I agree with you on getting the consistent colors, it always seems that we cant match our reds.

HogSportsLover

have you all forgotten that the throw back jerseys will look the same that they have for the last umpteen years!?!?!?  and i wouldn't mind some black outlining...that would be cool...just as an accent color.  but yea i definitely liked the jersey that we wore to whoop up on TEXAS at TEXAS!!! WPS!!!

Dubs

Tejano Jawg

If you really want Old School, go back to the thin cotton "tear-away" jerseys. They looked cool because they were short, and hung to about 2 inches above the belt. They looked especially great flapping in the wind when Cowins and Calcagni were hauling ass down the field.

Bring those back and you'll see Felix and DMac go for 4000 yards next year.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Porkette

A lot of the uniform suggestions sound nice, but WHITE HELMETS? The red helmet with the white hog on it is the trademark of the Razorback look!
GO HOGS GO!

jrw11475

A white helmet?  That would be a sin.  Where in the hell did that come from.  We wear red helmets with a white hog and that is the end of it. 

Pioneer Fan

I have always thought a white helmet would look cool. Keep the Razorback logo the same and just invert the colors.
I have an inferiority complex, but not a good one.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Quote from: Hog inAustin on January 31, 2006, 10:21:14 pm
I have a new game helmet in my bar here deep in the heart of texas (right by my program from the 2003 game)

KARMA for you!!!
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

Hawgz4Life

First off, I think we should do our jerseys like basketball teams do...have "Razorbacks" on the home jersey and "Arkansas" on the away jersey. A solid cardinal jersey with the runnin' hogs on the sleeves and MAYBE the number on the shoulder pads the way Green Bay does thier jerseys. No question about the helmet colors or design...it stays the same. The away jerseys should be white with cardinal collars and lettering. The home pants should be white with a broad red stripe down the side, the away, the opposite. Alternate unis would be all red or all white. The socks should be the color of the the jersey being worn. Any forearm padding or underarmour should be the color of the jersey being worn as well.
GHG.
Oh, I'll try and photoshop this when I get some time.....I have classes coming so I'll have to get back to this one.

Hawgz4Life

Lets not forget about those horrible assed jerseys from the Barry Lunney era where the two GIANT hogs were on the shoulder pads...LOL! Those things looked ridiculous.

HoggyWood

How about a cardinal jersey with white tackle twill numbers. Right under the neck, the word "HOGS" solid white pants for home and road. Away jerseys white with cardinal tackle twill. If someone wants to have some fun visit http://www.niketeam.com/v2/new/Sport.asp?SPT=FBM&CAT=UNI to build a nike uniform or http://www.adidasteamuniforms.com/football/index.htm to build a adidas uniform. Post 'em here and let's pick out which ones we like!

Tejano Jawg

21Mann, we should probably clarify for people that "PMS 200" is not a rating system for a woman's bitchiness. As in, "Sorry I can't host the poker tournament guys, my wife is at PMS 200"...it means Pantone Matching System, which is an ink specification system for printing. I never knew what the official Razorback red was...thanks for that.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

HouTxRzbck

Quote from: ballhog on January 30, 2006, 09:03:49 pm
finally an relavent post.  I say we go back to no "ARKANSAS" on the front and either a solid stripe (though not as wide as two years ago) or the double stripe down the side of the pants.

I def. think we need to go back to the double red lines down the side of the pants.  I'm not a big fan of the thick red line.  The jerseys are fine with me.  Just change the pants to the double red lines and don't got to the red pants!!!
"Do you do drugs Danny...?"

"...Every Day"

"So what's the problem...?"

Jerry Swinefeld

Quote from: HoggyWood on February 01, 2006, 08:26:39 am
How about a cardinal jersey with white tackle twill numbers. Right under the neck, the word "HOGS" solid white pants for home and road. Away jerseys white with cardinal tackle twill. If someone wants to have some fun visit http://www.niketeam.com/v2/new/Sport.asp?SPT=FBM&CAT=UNI to build a nike uniform or http://www.adidasteamuniforms.com/football/index.htm to build a adidas uniform. Post 'em here and let's pick out which ones we like!

What the hell is "tackle twill"
Sorry, I'm not a seamstress, or gay (not that there's anything wrong with that).

HoggyWood

Quote from: Jerry Swinefeld on February 01, 2006, 10:34:38 am
Quote from: HoggyWood on February 01, 2006, 08:26:39 am

What the hell is "tackle twill"
Sorry, I'm not a seamstress, or gay (not that there's anything wrong with that).

It is when the numbers are sewn on, not screened on.

sooie dog

I like the the jerseys with plain numbers, name on the back and a hog on the the sleeve.  The pants should be white with 2 stripes down the side.  None of this new crap.  Everyone knows who we are without the ARKANSAS on the front of the jersey.  Plain and simple and never change it. 

DirkPiggler

I wasn't exactly thrilled with the idea of putting "ARKANSAS" on the jerseys, but I'll take that every year if it keeps the black outlines off the numbers.  Arkansas' colors are cardinal and white, not cardinal, black, and white.  Those Nike jerseys from a couple of years back look too much like Texas Tech.
"They've forced my hand on that one."  -  Houston Nutt, November 2005 regarding his future hiring of Gus Mal-a-zahn

hogtheball

I used to think you should design jerseys that the players love.  After the recruiting class Penn State just signed, Maybe plain helmets, solid jerseys with no names on them, plain pants, and black shoes are the way to go.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

pfrg999

Quote from: Hawgz4Life on February 01, 2006, 08:12:31 am
Lets not forget about those horrible assed jerseys from the Barry Lunney era where the two GIANT hogs were on the shoulder pads...LOL! Those things looked ridiculous.

Yes... Those were the Ones... Lasted a year
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

CiriusPorker

Quote from: 21Mann on February 01, 2006, 08:34:33 am
Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on January 30, 2006, 10:38:19 pm
All crimson (jerseys and pants) for home games w/white socks,

CRIMSON is NOT our color. Our color is CARDINAL. Oklahoma and Alabama are Crimson.

OFFICIAL COLOR IS CARDINAL PMS 200, and WHITE

...the color tones actually change a bit over the years...i remember for a period of time..our colors were close to maroon.

Brutalis

The white pants/shirt with Arkansas on front look the best. Also with alternate red pants would look good.

Home wise, red shirts, white Arkansas on the front, white pants with single red stripe look great.

Arkansas needs to stop changing the jerseys each year, especially in basketball...
God, please let the my Hogs be just half as good as my Spurs. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh meeennnnnnnnnnn

SuthrnFballer15

I like the uniforms now, but I like the springdale design on their uniforms only in cardinal red and white! ..........my team had the usc style and I didnt like that at all. :razorback:
"If you're attitude is 'I was good yesterday,' you can't do that at Arkansas. Whoever your opponent is, it's a big game. Everything is up for grabs." - Coach Pelphrey

"I'm not really good at being a shifty kind of guy who likes to make moves -- I like to be a straight-line guy and run over somebody if I can."
-Peyton Hillis

"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog" - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Jim

Wonder if I provide the code from the Nike page you all can see the ones I came up with.  Unfortunately, I'm not smart enough to figure out how to right click / save with the macro pgm they use.  I did 4 uni's...

2 home:
F26343 cardinal & white
G26346 all cardinal
2 away:
L26344 all white
I26345 white & cardinal

Anyone else suddenly feel like we're watching some new series on the Bravo network?  LOL

pharm

Lets keep the uniforms the same, but go back to the leather helmets.

ensor

I say we need something new and progressive looking. Oregon has the corner market on that.

I liked the uniforms they wore in their bowl game.

RazorNick

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: 21Mann on February 01, 2006, 08:34:33 am
Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on January 30, 2006, 10:38:19 pm
All crimson (jerseys and pants) for home games w/white socks,

CRIMSON is NOT our color. Our color is CARDINAL. Oklahoma and Alabama are Crimson.

OFFICIAL COLOR IS CARDINAL PMS 200, and WHITE

Uh...read a few more posts next time before you enlighten all of us.  By the way, I thought Cardinal was the color "during" MS, not "Pre"... ;D
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Hog inAustin

I suggest a traditional look, no black outline on the numerals,double stripes on the pants, sparkles on the hat are OK but no stripes...I don't give a flip about alabama or penn state but...when you see them on the field you know who they are by their uniforms...forget the red pants, you don't see 'bama wearing red pants or penn state with blue hats with a white stripe...even texas keeps pretty darn close to their traditional uniforms...they still seem to get a few good recruits...I just don't think there is a better looking hat than ours...remember when Lou tried to put a stripe on the hat?  Annual uniform changes are for the vandy's of the world, not the Razorbacks!

Macgyver Hawg

I just want the double stripe on the pants and the big stripe gone.

I also want capes.

endub

Lose the big Arkansas on the front, thats all I want.  In fact, no words at all on the front, just plain or the little "HOGS" below the collar.
"I jus wanna know where da gold at."