Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

we need new Uniforms

Started by Red40, January 30, 2006, 08:59:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Red40

I'm thinking of some sweet old school style unis for the start of a great new season.  Anyone know anyone who might know someone who can find out what's in store for the upcoming season regarding new Jerseys or uniforms?  What kind of uniforms would you like to see?  Red Pants..?  White helmets?  Any photo shoppers out there?  Do we still use Adidas? 

MBHog

Quote from: Red40 on January 30, 2006, 08:59:06 pm
I'm thinking of some sweet old school style unis for the start of a great new season.  Anyone know anyone who might know someone who can find out what's in store for the upcoming season regarding new Jerseys or uniforms?  What kind of uniforms would you like to see?  Red Pants..?  White helmets?  Any photo shoppers out there?  Do we still use Adidas? 

I like the red pants w/white shirts...very cool looking

ZAP743

Well, i would like to see us go back to the white jerseys with the red shoulder stripes like we had a couple of years ago. Also, I would like to see the home jerseys the same. Red jersey with white shoulder stripes. Also maybe a stripe down the side! But I did like the Arkansas across the chest this year. That looked better than just plain!

ballhog™

finally an relavent post.  I say we go back to no "ARKANSAS" on the front and either a solid stripe (though not as wide as two years ago) or the double stripe down the side of the pants.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

AFWarrior83

Forget that! I like the ARKANSAS on the front, that way when everyone is watching USC and the Hogs on National TV, the nation will see that the Arkansas team is kicking USCal's ass! WPS!!!  :razorback:
Hogville member since 2005.

Jerry Swinefeld

No "ARKANSAS" on the chest.
We know who we are, and don't want to look like Zero U

I'd like to see a throwback uni once.

ballhog™

every one knows we are arkansas by the Razorback on the helmet.  No NFL teams and the majority of the tradition rich college teams don't have that high school stuff.  Thats for big 12 and mid major teams.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

ZAP743

I kinda like the style of the Springdale jerseys but red and white instead of black. You could have a small "ARKANSAS" or "RAZORBACKS" right under the neck. But I like the jerseys with the chest stripes that go down the sides too.

Red40

I would love to see something classic.  I'm thinking something like Notre Dames Blue Jerseys with only numbers on the front and the sleeves.

Brer Hog

I don't like to see us messing with the Unis.  They have messed with 'em too much already.  I did not care at all for the red shoulder stripe too much.  I'm partial to the Red Jerseys and white pants with the double red stripe.  The only change I'd make to the helmet is loose the sparkle...what's up with that?   Take a look at 1964 Champion Razorback uni-s.  Don't mess with tradition!!! 

And absolutely, no nasty half and half jerseys like the Gators, Hokies, Hurricanes, etc were sporting this year - man they were ugly. 

fieldturf

Arkansas on the front is ok, but how about going back to the 2 strips down the pants.....Also throw-back uniforms would be cool too............

hawgfan_18

we need some uni's like miami except our colors of course...

ZAP743

Quote from: hawgfan_18 on January 30, 2006, 09:45:36 pm
we need some uni's like miami except our colors of course...

I like those jerseys a lot too. I'm just a big fan of the new school jerseys. I like the old school uni's, but i love the Miami and Maryland type jerseys!!

HawgWyld

Go back to the old SWC look, circa 1978. Hell, yeah!

Forget about those damn red pants, though -- they look horrible and make the Hogs look like the Arizona Cardinals.

Ugly Uncle

I don't like that wide stripes on the Jersey or the pants.  I would prefer to see just plain jersey's with just the number on them.  The pants could have the double stripe, but I think just a razorback on the thigh would be cool.  I like what Penn State does with their jersey's.  Joe Pa said that he didn't want the names of his players on the back of their jersey's.  He said, he doesn't put names on the back because football isn't about the individual but about the team.

I don't really care about the ARKANSAS on the front.  Although I liked the idea of the name really small on the collar.
Retired Radio Host

hog caller

i'd like to see the players names added to the back of the jersey, pantes with a double red stipr with white in the middle would be classy. IMO

Squealers

How about solid red.......Jerseys and Pants, with a white helmet.  That would look bold and intimidating.
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

Red40

Have we ever had white helmets?

dmac5

i love last years uniforms and i like the sparkle on the helmets. I have no problem with the "arkansas" on the front but maybe not as big of letters. im so glad we dont wear those ugly white uniforms with the red stripe across the chest that was freakish looking. gotta keep the sparkle on the helmet like it looks goos it looks like ou.

HappyHog

I say the only opinion that matters is that of the players.  We need to have uniforms that appeal to 18 year old 5 star recruits.

The Pulse

Yeah i thought the 'Arkansas' was going to be awesome when i heard about it..i just hoped they kept the writing small like the name on the Sooners jerseys. I like it as it is allright..but i think it would be much better if it was smaller.

Red40

Quote from: HappyHog on January 30, 2006, 10:16:04 pm
I say the only opinion that matters is that of the players.  We need to have uniforms that appeal to 18 year old 5 star recruits.

Good point

Jefffrow

I am usually for no change, but like the shiney helmets better than the flat red ones. I was kind of for the double stripes down the pants like was present when I was in high school, but now that they are in the SEC it looks to much like Bama. I do like the uni's this year with the red and white, not black outline. Since when did black get in there as a Hog color. I would even go a step further and say for the road to have solid white pants. I didn't like the Arkansas too much at first...aka seeing it over and over on all the USC replays all year, but it has grown on me. As long as they don't bring back the uni's with the Huge Hogs coming down off the shoulders and meeting in the chest like Danny Ford had that one year. I cussed everytime I saw them that year. They looked like a Div II school. Maybe add a red stripe up the ribcage that meets/matches the stipe on the legs. I like college football for the traditions, and the Uni's are part of that. Penn State, Michigan, Bama, etc....etc...

HappyHog

HawgWyld

Now that I think about it, this is a dangerous topic. A very dangerous one. Why? "New uniforms" these days is just a code-phrase for "let's go with black pants, black jerseys, black helmets, black shoes -- black, black, black!" We need to stay far, far away from that stuff.

Think it couldn't happen to the UA? Take a look at ASU, Fayetteville Bulldogs, Seattle Seahawks...

Think about it!

EL' MAHOG

Put HOGS in small letters under collar.
I guess it finally rained, its down to 85, I bet the fish are bitin' down by the riverside

Ex-Trumpet

Just numbers--no names, stripes, etc...maybe a helmet hog on the sleeves.  All crimson (jerseys and pants) for home games w/white socks, black shoes, and all white w/white socks and black shoes for road games--keep the helmet the same; I like the sparkly crimson!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Red40

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on January 30, 2006, 10:38:19 pm
Just numbers--no names, stripes, etc...maybe a helmet hog on the sleeves.  All crimson (jerseys and pants) for home games w/white socks, black shoes, and all white w/white socks and black shoes for road games--keep the helmet the same; I like the sparkly crimson!
i like it

johnsonswitch

GO OLD SCHOOL!
Like the early sixties and early seventies uniforms.

Screw all this modern crap, black on the jerseys, messing with the "Hog & A" logo.
The recent era changes remind me of schools like South Carolina that have
radically changed their unis/logos a lot.
We are fortunate to have a history of some really cool uniforms and the classic helmet
and we should take advantage of it.
It was obvious that Matt Jones resonated with the fans and the media as a "throwback" type player,
and I think the fans and the media would quickly fall in love with some uniforms based
primarily on the 60's look. While acknowledging that it is 2006.

This modern look movement, which I think began in earnest with the Denver Broncos, has run it's course.
Let's take it back to the source.

GO OLD SCHOOL!

Red40

Quote from: johnsonswitch on January 30, 2006, 10:43:24 pm
GO OLD SCHOOL!
Like the early sixties and early seventies uniforms.

Screw all this modern crap, black on the jerseys, messing with the "Hog & A" logo.
The recent era changes remind me of schools like South Carolina that have
radically changed their unis/logos a lot.
We are fortunate to have a history of some really cool uniforms and the classic helmet
and we should take advantage of it.
It was obvious that Matt Jones resonated with the fans and the media as a "throwback" type player,
and I think the fans and the media would quickly fall in love with some uniforms based
primarily on the 60's look. While acknowledging that it is 2006.

This modern look movement, which I think began in earnest with the Denver Broncos, has run it's course.
Let's take it back to the source.

GO OLD SCHOOL!
Word.  I think thats what ex-trumpet is talkin bout

Jerry Swinefeld

I'd like to see pink practice jerseys for loafers.

HawgWyld

Quote from: Jerry Swinefeld on January 30, 2006, 10:54:17 pm
I'd like to see pink practice jerseys for loafers.

Yeah, that's a great idea!

Wait a minute.... :)

ballhog™

We are cardinal, not crimson.  That's alabama

Red40

Quote from: ballhog on January 31, 2006, 04:57:49 pm

Ouch.. good one.  I didnt even notice that.

CrashHog

I hate it when schools don't have the name on the back of the Jersey's...I am really to believe the BS that its because where a team and not individuals...My ARSE!

Jerseys last year looked very good...

pfrg999

Remember when they Changed the Uni's looked like CFL or XFL Jerseys.... God those were Horrible
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hog in MO

The "ARKANSAS" hasn't grown on me yet - i like the plain fronts better - but "HOGS" in small type under the Adidas logo might be cool.  You gotta have the names on the back because that's what the players like.  I love the "candy cardinal" sparkly helmets - don't mess with them anymore. 

All that being said - Just Win Baby.  Uniforms are irrelevant :)

Red40

I don't know... last years were pretty classic.

HogDodging

As long as the red is Cardinal red, I'm happy.  We've been getting close to it the past couple of years, but there are too many times I've thought we had Miss St maroon on. :puke:

Joe Davis (USS Razorback)

I like the plainer uniforms.  Whatever changes, if any, just stick with the dang things.  I hate uniform changes in general no matter what sport.

Two things that are firm in my opinion though. . .
NO WHITE HELMETS!
DON'T SCREW WITH THE HOG!

WILL CLINTON

just don't lose the Adidas sponsorship....besides being my personal favorite apparel company, it is the only thing I give HDN credit for without throwing up..
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Soooie21

Keep the helmet the same..white pants, with 2 small red stripes...jersies need to be simple with no hogs on the on them or Ark. on the front..names on back...the hog on helmet is enough...simple and classic..like the Dallas Cowboys with their white shirts..

KarmaNinja

great ideas, these are -
tradition or new style?
let's "just win baby"!

strathog

How 'bout the '98 style uniforms with the newer helmet.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Red40 on January 31, 2006, 05:01:52 pm
Quote from: ballhog on January 31, 2006, 04:57:49 pm

Ouch.. good one.  I didnt even notice that.

I stand corrected...man, that does hurt!!  Maybe a few too many single malts?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

hogtheball

What if we went to gold helmets? maybe we could get more of Notre Dame's 4 and 5 stars next year. 
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

Macgyver Hawg

This would be money.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Red40

Quote from: Macgyver Hawg on January 31, 2006, 09:31:55 pm
This would be money.

Yeah, the stripes are pretty sweet.  No white helmets?

Macgyver Hawg

Quote from: Red40 on January 31, 2006, 10:17:48 pm
Quote from: Macgyver Hawg on January 31, 2006, 09:31:55 pm
This would be money.

Yeah, the stripes are pretty sweet.  No white helmets?

I love the red ones too much.