Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If Heath goes so will Ronnie

Started by hardcorehogfan, January 21, 2006, 11:26:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hardcorehogfan

Guys, I am hoping that Heath will somehow make it to the dance this year, but if he loses today chances are going to be slim to none.  I think that it is pretty safe to say that Brewer would definitely opt for the NBA if we fire Stan.  It would only seem logically to me.  Furthermore, can we all agree that Nutt kept his job because JFB thought MM would go somewhere else if he was fired.  Can we then make the same correlation about Heath, will JFB keep him around to keep Brewer here one more year.  What say you.

mbgrulz

what if we hire a big time coach who has players in the NBA? maybe he thinks the new guy can teach him a lot more than SH.

hardcorehogfan

why not go play for a big name coach and make millions doing it, rather than chance it.

Sanctified Swine

mbgrulz

i'm not sure he's capable yet. his game is that of a SF in the NBA. his size is that of a 2 guard. 2 guards are guys like Kobe, LeBron, Ray Allen, Mike Redd, Gilbert Arenas, Ben Gordon, etc...all great shooters. ronnie will not be of much value in the NBA if he has to go against them. but i do agree that he will probably be gone after this year.

Big Hawg 21

Who really cares either way?  We arent winning.  Ive always been amazed at people who say they dont want a coach fired because someone might leave the team.  If the coach needs to be fired then the program isnt where it needs to be, and players arent making the difference anyway so what does it matter if a player leaves?   Razorback basketball is no fun anymore.  It's not like we have won while Ronnie has been here.  I like Ronnie brewer, but he isnt the type of player that is going to lead your team consistantly to victories. 

bradyv15

if he goes....i can't see next season looking too promising without our leader...he's a lot of the reason i keep faith in my hogs

Hawgon

Quote from: bradyv15 on January 21, 2006, 11:37:41 am
if he goes....i can't see next season looking too promising without our leader...he's a lot of the reason i keep faith in my hogs

If these guys aren't any good this year, they won't be any good next year as long as Heath is around.

The worst thing that could happen for our program is to make the tournament and be one and out.  Then, we are stuck with Heath and we haven't made any real improvement.

bradyv15

Quote from: Big Hawg 21 on January 21, 2006, 11:36:05 am
Who really cares either way? We arent winning. Ive always been amazed at people who say they dont want a coach fired because someone might leave the team. If the coach needs to be fired then the program isnt where it needs to be, and players arent making the difference anyway so what does it matter if a player leaves? Razorback basketball is no fun anymore. It's not like we have won while Ronnie has been here. I like Ronnie brewer, but he isnt the type of player that is going to lead your team consistantly to victories.

yeh well...just imagine how many games he has one for us since he has been here....he has scored many a point for us in 3 years...and taken so many away from the opposing teams with his steals....we wouldn't even be considering a big dance at all without him, respect is not being given to the hogs cause they have lost three very close ballgames to three acceptionally good teams....it's not like we're gettin blown out, or not giving ourselves a chance to win

hogfancb

He is projected has a lottery pick right now.  He will have millions.

bradyv15

sometimes i think everyone gets way too caught up in winning....the hogs are just as fun now to me as they were 7 or 8 years ago when we were goin deep into the dance with Nolan...i love the U of A and i respect everyone associated with it....you don't go to a major college like that by mistake....it takes some know how to get there....the football teams was what 4-7 this year but it was no less fun to me compared to any other year...there are many many colleges out there that wishes they could be in arkansas position...just be glad to support a team like arkansas, and remember that the athletes that play U of A sports are better than 99% of us have or ever will be....

pignuts

Brady, are you watching the same games as I am?  Miss. St. is not an exceptional team. Alabama is not really that good either, since they lost their best player.  Turn the cartoons off man and watch the ballgame, and you'll see what Im talking about.

bradyv15

haha yeh i'm pretty sure i'm watching the same ones...we have lost 3 games by a combined total of what like 10 points....those games could have easily gone our way, luck, momentum, and refs just haven't gone our way...but we're sooo close....if we had had 13 points of difference in those 3 games no one would be complaining a bit.....we  have been 5-7 made shots by us or 5-7 missed shots by the opponents away from winning all three....i know close doesn't count....but saying our coach sucks because has lost three close games like that is pitiful...basketball is a game where you don't have to be good to win games, duke could be beat by appalacian st. on any given day, sometimes the shots just fall for one team and not the other...it's unpredictable, and arkansas is no duke....and alabama and mississippi st. and LSU are definetly not appalacian st. so i don't see it horribly disappointing to lose by 2,3, and 5 points

bradyv15

i can see i'm not gonna win here....hopefully the hogs will settle this all on the court for the next couple months...

Big Hawg 21

yeh well...just imagine how many games he has one for us since he has been here....he has scored many a point for us in 3 years...and taken so many away from the opposing teams with his steals....we wouldn't even be considering a big dance at all without him, respect is not being given to the hogs cause they have lost three very close ballgames to three acceptionally good teams....it's not like we're gettin blown out, or not giving ourselves a chance to win

I'm season ticket holder and I dont care about how many points he has scored or steals he has taken. WE ARENT WINNING. We as fans expect wins.  Cory Beck didnt average the big numbers that Brewer does, but losing was NEVER an option for him.  Give me more players like him.  And if you think that Miss. St and Alabama are Good teams, well..wow

Nutts and Bolts

I feel Ronnie has realized Stan has NOT gotten the most out of the talent that is here...
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

bradyv15

I as a fan like to see us win also but if we don't, I don't shatter them, winning is not always success...losing is not always a set-back...not that all this is not, but people don't you think the players and coaches wanna win just as badly as you...it's not that we're not trying...it just hasn't gone our way...and i'm sure if they ever see everything you are complaining about it would definetly make them think about your negativity as fans...true fans never complain,at least in my opinion...but the best thing about the players seeing all these comments, if i were them it would really piss me off, so maybe it will stick in their heads and make the play like never before seen on the court....I thought arkansas had some of the most loyal fans in the nation...this is looking more like fans who just want bragging rights and trophies instead of just loving the game and college and all those associated

mbgrulz

Quote from: bradyv15 on January 21, 2006, 11:55:09 am
sometimes i think everyone gets way too caught up in winning....the hogs are just as fun now to me as they were 7 or 8 years ago when we were goin deep into the dance with Nolan...i love the U of A and i respect everyone associated with it....you don't go to a major college like that by mistake....it takes some know how to get there....the football teams was what 4-7 this year but it was no less fun to me compared to any other year...there are many many colleges out there that wishes they could be in arkansas position...just be glad to support a team like arkansas, and remember that the athletes that play U of A sports are better than 99% of us have or ever will be....
it is just so much fun isnt it. hippee, we get to go out and watch our team get their ass kicked. i am just so glad to be a part of this, here frank here is some more money, the level of fun is intoxicating.
brady, go back to the commune and tell your son, rainbow, that when you came to the outside world, they actually strive to be successful and not just coast through life. winning is why we play. its fun is because winning is a possibility.

Steve C

I like Ronnie Brewer.  I think he's a great player.  But, if I had to choose between winning and having RB one more year, its a no brainer.  I take winning all day long!!  Stan is not the man.  He just can't coach at this level!!  He's proven it!!  His road record in the SEC alone should be enough to get him fired........2-24!!! Thats unacceptable!!  I would imagine that's the worst road record of ANY SEC team in the past 4 years.  It's time for a change.  When I was young, razorback games on TV was an event.  You didn't miss them......you forgot everything else so u could watch the hawgs play.  Now, its like...."oh well, I hope they win, but I can't stand to watch it.......they piss me off."  I hate that!  It's time for a change!!!

Big Hawg 21

Why Play if winning isnt the most important thing?  Oh I forgot the players are there for a FREE education thats why they play...as a hobby.  stupid me..

bradyv15

at 15 i would hope to not have a son, especially one called rainbow, our team hasn't had their @$$ kicked all season...I can't believe this, there's not one other person on here that feels the same way i do. if you don't get a rush when you go to a razorback game then you shouldn't be there.....if it's not fun, don't support (well i guess your not anyway so..). if you hate the coach and the players, find another team, you think complaining not stop about how bad your teams is and how they have a horrible coach helps.....negativity on a team is definetly not a good thing....negativity from the fans is where the team loses a lot of momentum....if we showed up 110% primed and ready for every game and showed support no matter if we were up 30 or down thirty...the team would have a lot of more confidence and would probably win more games...but they lose a few and you bash them...it does nothing but make the situation worse....i'm done, out...out of the conversation...maybe done with hogville...but never shall i not be a razorback

Hawgon

Quote from: bradyv15 on January 21, 2006, 11:55:09 am

Then you are a loser.  Are you serious?  Why watch if they are going to lose?  Take up golf.  Go fishing.  Spend time with your family.  I can think of nothing more pathetic than spending the time and money that it takes to go to the games and not care all that much whether they win or lose.  Now, don't get me wrong, I am not saying one should go off the deep end when they lose, but come on!  You don't go buy a new shotgun and not really care whether it works all that well or not, do you?  When it jams up every 3rd shot, do you just say, "Oh, well.  It would be better if it worked, but hey, I am just happy to have the opportunity to purchase a fine shotgun like this and be out here on a beautiful day like this?"  I expect you don't. 

I invest time and money into my program and I expect results.  The day I stop caring all that much whether we win or lose, is the day I stop investing my time and money.  As long as I am an invester, the university and its employees owe me.  They should always try and put the best product out there they can.  When someting doesn't work, change it.

Honestly, that is the most pathetic thing I have ever heard.  What kind of person doesn't care whether they win or lose?

bradyv15

i care if they win or if they lose.....i would be right here with everyone if they won every game ...but if they lose in a close game i don't consider them a bad team just cause they lost...listen to yourself...show pride......i said i am done here but i just can't stop......it pissed me off the other night when they lost to bama....but they beat us...we tried, bama  tried it just didn't go our way...this is crazy

Big Hawg 21

Bama Didnt beat us..We beat ourselves..Thats why I'm so upset..We beat ourselves and thats coaching.

HogInGermany

Quote from: bradyv15 on January 21, 2006, 12:50:41 pm
at 15 i would hope to not have a son, especially one called rainbow, our team hasn't had their @$$ kicked all season...I can't believe this, there's not one other person on here that feels the same way i do. if you don't get a rush when you go to a razorback game then you shouldn't be there.....if it's not fun, don't support (well i guess your not anyway so..). if you hate the coach and the players, find another team, you think complaining not stop about how bad your teams is and how they have a horrible coach helps.....negativity on a team is definetly not a good thing....negativity from the fans is where the team loses a lot of momentum....if we showed up 110% primed and ready for every game and showed support no matter if we were up 30 or down thirty...the team would have a lot of more confidence and would probably win more games...but they lose a few and you bash them...it does nothing but make the situation worse....i'm done, out...out of the conversation...maybe done with hogville...but never shall i not be a razorback

I'm not for name calling on here, but you are either the biggest loser ever or you are trying to stir up trouble.  The problem is the administration thinks just like you.  They are having a good time, things are going great for them , and losing is no big deal. You make me sick.

Truffler

QuoteFurthermore, can we all agree that Nutt kept his job because JFB thought MM would go somewhere else if he was fired.

I don't agree with this at all. 

HatfieldHog

Quote from: hardcorehogfan on January 21, 2006, 11:26:41 am
Guys, I am hoping that Heath will somehow make it to the dance this year, but if he loses today chances are going to be slim to none. I think that it is pretty safe to say that Brewer would definitely opt for the NBA if we fire Stan. It would only seem logically to me. Furthermore, can we all agree that Nutt kept his job because JFB thought MM would go somewhere else if he was fired. Can we then make the same correlation aboutHeath, will JFB keep him around to keep Brewer here one more year. What say you.

Gentleman, you guys might as well get your minds set on this;  Brewer is going out this year.  It is his optimal time, and Draft Evaluators already project him as the 7th player to be taken.  That means a multi-million dollar signing bonus.

Really, he'd be nuts to stay and turn down that kind of cash.     

Just the Truth,    See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

Foshodo

Quote from: bradyv15 on January 21, 2006, 12:13:00 pm
haha yeh i'm pretty sure i'm watching the same ones...we have lost 3 games by a combined total of what like 10 points....those games could have easily gone our way, luck, momentum, and refs just haven't gone our way...but we're sooo close....if we had had 13 points of difference in those 3 games no one would be complaining a bit.....we  have been 5-7 made shots by us or 5-7 missed shots by the opponents away from winning all three....i know close doesn't count....but saying our coach sucks because has lost three close games like that is pitiful...basketball is a game where you don't have to be good to win games, duke could be beat by appalacian st. on any given day, sometimes the shots just fall for one team and not the other...it's unpredictable, and arkansas is no duke....and alabama and mississippi st. and LSU are definetly not appalacian st. so i don't see it horribly disappointing to lose by 2,3, and 5 points

When did you join the boards Houston?

rlamb

Brady15, did you also like Jack Crowe's style. 

mbgrulz

ya think townes would sit out a year? i guess i would to get outta here. i like heath, but i do not like his teams style of ball. we have no identity. are we up temp, stall ball? are we defensive, offensive? do we suck, are we good?

brewer will leave - why stay around for another middle of the pack year in the SEC, when millions await.

HolyRoller

The truth is somewhere in the middle...we support UA athletics...we don't "invest" because we don't
really own anything for ourselves. The U of A belongs to the whole state and it is a source of pride for the whole
state...We all want to win...Brady15 wants to win. He is just tired of the "culture of complaining" that is
so dominant in chat rooms and on radio call-ins. It's clear that Heath is good man that knows the game.
That's good..but he is also not the experienced coach that Eddie and Nolan were when they arrived at UA.
He is practicing on us...someone said it...let's all support this team and staff the best we can. Let's act like our own
sons are on the team. When the seasons over there will be plenty of time for opinions to be offered and decisions to be made...while we still have young men wearing the Cardinal and White, let's set the right example for them. Let's show them how to give their best in crunch time, cause that's where this season is. GO HOGS !!!
HolyRoller
ps...I think Ronnie is going (he should, and will do what he and his parents think is best)..but if he wants to stay, he will if we have the right coach...we will all stay tuned because we ALL care...Brady15: I'm glad you're on board!...even if I don't agree.

Illinihog

Ronnie could leave and I wouldn't really care actually.  While he is fun to watch, what has he done for the program.   His teams haven't gone to the big dance...he hasn't hit any game winning shots or big shots for that matter.  He passed up one last second shot this year and clanked two others.  Great Players hit those kind of shots, Ronnie Brewer does not.  He is one of the worst defenders on the team.  He is lazy at the defensive end and only decides to guard his man when he feels like it.  I'm gonna get smited for this but it's the truth, watch him closely, he can't score unless he drives to the hole, but come crunch time he won't drive to the hoop.  You notice how Ronald Steele drives to the hole to beat us and in Regulation Ronnie Settles for a 15 fter.  Nice work leader.  Jump the NBA make your millions in a signing bonus and then be out of the league in 3 years.  However don't be like your dad and blow through your money so quick and then take a pitiful job with some Developmental league barely making enough money to pay the bills.

razor-trac

Hey morons: I don't even know why I bother. I guess because it is really embarrassing. This bradyv guy is [CENSORED] with you idiots. Stop responding to him. In particular you need to stop responding in a serious way.

You people do realize that the internets is an unregulated, unqualified means of saying anything, right? The newer you are the more likely you look like a fool.

This stuff has less reliability than the new york times for god's sake. Quick taking darn so serious.
"We have chosen hope over fear, unity of purpose over conflict and discord." BH Obama at inauguration

"A failure to act, and act now, will turn crisis into a catastrophe and guarantee a longer recession, a less robust recovery, and a more uncertain future. " BH Obama a couple weeks later

That's what I call change.

tmac

I think Heath should go, and if that means that we lose a couple of players so be it. It is all about winning, but when we lose the way we do it is embrassing. I would rather lose with a so, so team then to have expectations of having a solid team and lose the way we are losing. I don't blame the players, it is poor coaching. Coaching without fire in the gut. A coach that does not show any emotion or get upset when there is a bad call. I have two tickets for sell. Section 107 isle 15 seats 116 117 .

pfrg999

Quote from: Big Hawg 21 on January 21, 2006, 12:22:57 pm

I'm season ticket holder and I dont care about how many points he has scored or steals he has taken. WE ARENT WINNING. We as fans expect wins.  Cory Beck didnt average the big numbers that Brewer does, but losing was NEVER an option for him.  Give me more players like him.  And if you think that Miss. St and Alabama are Good teams, well..wow

BECK was the Man.... Losing is Learned...so is winning.... The Teacher is to Blame....
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

three

Quote from: hardcorehogfan on January 21, 2006, 11:26:41 am
Guys, I am hoping that Heath will somehow make it to the dance this year, but if he loses today chances are going to be slim to none.  I think that it is pretty safe to say that Brewer would definitely opt for the NBA if we fire Stan.  It would only seem logically to me.  Furthermore, can we all agree that Nutt kept his job because JFB thought MM would go somewhere else if he was fired.  Can we then make the same correlation about Heath, will JFB keep him around to keep Brewer here one more year.  What say you.
You're over thinking things.  JFB leaves every sport alone EXCEPT football.  He's a FB coach, he believes he knows all there is to know about FB.  Conversely, he knows absolutely jack about basketball, and will leave that alone.  He'll make a move regarding Heath based on what he believes is the best thing for the program.  10 years ago, Stan would be gone, today, you just don't know with Frank.
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

The_Bionic_Pig

If say the worst happens and a coaching change is made it gives the next head coach a leg up with the 2nd biggest AAU tournament in the Nation going on in his backyard.   I don't think any of the current Sophomore Juniors on the roster are bolting for another school. (Freshman are the most likely to leave) That leaves the incoming freshman of Sonny Weems, Steven Welsh and Micheal Washington.  (Mr. Washington would be the best candidate to consider other programs)

Now back to my reasoning for mentioning the upcoming AAU Camp.  The best Juniors (making their 2nd appearance)  & Sophomore's will be on hand and top coaches will feel like a kid in the candy store due to not having to travel from coast to coast to watch a potential recruit.  Bud Walton Arena is a very impressive venue and a utilized as a HUGE RECRUITING ADVANTAGE.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Biggus Piggus

I think it's more likely Brewer's gone if Heath stays.  Just a hunch.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: three on February 03, 2006, 05:01:30 pm
You're over thinking things.  JFB leaves every sport alone EXCEPT football.  He's a FB coach, he believes he knows all there is to know about FB.  Conversely, he knows absolutely jack about basketball, and will leave that alone.  He'll make a move regarding Heath based on what he believes is the best thing for the program.  10 years ago, Stan would be gone, today, you just don't know with Frank.

I guess that is why Broyles tried to replace Nolan with Moe Iba in YEAR TWO.  Tried to get Nolan to talk to some of Broyles's coach friends about rebounding.  Tried to marshal support for firing Nolan in 1997, '98, '99 and 2000.  He jus' leaves that basketball program ALONE.

It's why Broyles discusses the goings-on with Arkansas basketball with any Sutton family member he can get ahold of, as often as possible.

Guess this also is why Broyles wanted to fire Heath last March.
[CENSORED]!

JustoHogFan

you know what im so tired of losing in basketball which was always a razorback savior (since eddie sutton) even if football wasnt to hot, that I would sacrifice losing ronnie brewer so we could hire someone who knows somethin about basketball.

bornarazerback

Do we not have a top 15 recruiting class coming in next year? if we fire Stan you can forget getting the #1 juco player in the nation coming next year plus some of the others.

JustoHogFan

Actually thats not true. Do you not think the recruits are paying attention to what the basketball program is doing. If they see that the razorbacks want to get back to a winning tradition by hiring a guy that can coach, they will honor their commitment, unless frank broyles hires another stan heath up and comer lame coach.

rlamb

As far as Townes is concerned, just let his big lazy, lazy, sissy non rebounding butt try for the NBA and he'll end up worse dissed in the draft than the guy that tried last year,  Olu?