Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Great Aggie Joke Thread

Started by JIHawg, March 26, 2007, 08:15:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Blue35 on September 29, 2011, 09:44:55 pm
Get a grip and let up. Aggies are not our friends. In the many years that I have had to associate with those people both in the military and the engineering field, I have found them to be arrogant, condescending, hardheaded and downright mean-spirited. They look down their nose at people from Arkansas. They see us as incestuous uneducated hicks who sell trinkets and jelly on the road side. The petroleum engineers that I had to work with were the laughing stock of the industry, yet they thought very highly of themselves.  We simply had to work around them to get anything done

No YOU get a grip. People DIED. There are some things more important than sports. I have engineers in my family. Four of them in fact. All went to different schools. One went to the UA and he can cop an attitude like you described sometimes (except the hick part). Another family member worked in petroleoum engineering in Texas and can cop an attitude and he went to school out of state. One is living like he believes' the 50's  is the only way to live even though he is not that old. The strangest one graduated from the UA and she (that's right I said she) is nuttier than a Fruitcake!  No offense but engineers I've dealt with in general are different and not just from TAMU. I roomed with two while at the UA and one was relatively but not quite normal the other not even close. I've worked in Texas and knew some Aggies and they were fine. No different than others. Proud of their school as it should be. Aggies attitudes are NOTHING compared to tejas and for that matter sooners. The biggest attitude i've ever dealt with is from tejas, OU, LSU, Florida, UVA and West Point (yes THAT West Point) people. I have or have had friends and coworkers from all of those schools. Some were fine and others' not so much.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Ftsmithmike

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 30, 2011, 08:19:36 am
No YOU get a grip. People DIED. There are some things more important than sports. I have engineers in my family. Four of them in fact. All went to different schools. One went to the UA and he can cop an attitude like you described sometimes (except the hick part). Another family member worked in petroleoum engineering in Texas and can cop an attitude and he went to school out of state. One is living like he believes' the 50's  is the only way to live even though he is not that old. The strangest one graduated from the UA and she (that's right I said she) is nuttier than a Fruitcake!  No offense but engineers I've dealt with in general are different and not just from TAMU. I roomed with two while at the UA and one was relatively but not quite normal the other not even close. I've worked in Texas and knew some Aggies and they were fine. No different than others. Proud of their school as it should be. Aggies attitudes are NOTHING compared to tejas and for that matter sooners. The biggest attitude i've ever dealt with is from tejas, OU, LSU, Florida, UVA and West Point (yes THAT West Point) people. I have or have had friends and coworkers from all of those schools. Some were fine and others' not so much.

Somebody call whine-one-one. Get this man a whaaaaambulance stat.
"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."

hogatouille

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 30, 2011, 08:19:36 am

Hogg_Phan

September 30, 2011, 08:29:55 am #503 Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 08:34:57 am by Hogg_Phan
Quote from: RonBurgundy on September 29, 2011, 11:45:30 am
a white guy, a black guy, and an aggie are stranded in the desert.  they spot a genie lamp; rub it and a genie pops out and tells them that each will receive a single wish.  the white guy wishes for a portable fan.  the black guy wishes for a canteen of cold water.  the aggie wishes for a car door.  when the other two ask him why in the hell he wished for a car door, the aggie said, "so when i get too hot i can just roll the window down."

OR:

An Aggie and two other guys were stranded on a deserted island for 3 months when they came upon a genie's lamp. A genie came out and granted each a wish. The first guy wished to be home with his family that loved him, poof, he was home. The second guy wished to be a billionair living in Beverly Hills, poof, off to Cali with all the money. Finally the Aggie, he thought and thought and then said, "I'm lonely, I wish my two friends would come back".

Maurice "Footsie" Britt - an "ex-Arkansas Razorback and Detroit Lion war hero".
.... In fact, Britt was standing on the field at the football stadium in Arkansas, saluting with his left hand and receiving the Medal of Honor, ...
http://www.cafe.com/r/f87e4a8e-2253-4fb1-90ad-4372d99aa204/1/why-havent-you-heard-of-this-war-hero-nfl-veteran

Inhogswetrust

September 30, 2011, 08:46:22 am #504 Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 08:55:26 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: Ftsmithmike on September 30, 2011, 08:25:03 am

Somebody call whine-one-one. Get this man a whaaaaambulance stat.

I'm not whining. I'm rebuking the point about their school and the fact people are poking fun at a tragedy. My point was people tragically died and THAT is real life. People at ALL schools can have an attitude. Including my school. I like an Aggie joke as well as anybody. I've told a lot of them over the years.
It doesn't bother me in the least that an Aggie, longhorn, tiger, sooner or any other schools fan makes fun of me and my hogs. I make fun of them. As long as it is good natured fun. ALL schools have good and bad fans and graduates.

P.S. How would you feel if it had been one of your children that got killed in that tragedy and people were on here making fun of it. How about if they were on the OSU, WSU or Marshall planes that crashed or been in the building at VT. Do you honestly believe it is respectful and proper to poke fun at those type of accidents? If so then I don't know what else to say to you.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hawgon

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 30, 2011, 08:46:22 am
I'm not whining. I'm rebuking the point about their school and the fact people are poking fun at a tragedy. My point was people tragically died and THAT is real life. People at ALL schools can have an attitude. Including my school. I like an Aggie joke as well as anybody. I've told a lot of them over the years.
It doesn't bother me in the least that an Aggie, longhorn, tiger, sooner or any other schools fan makes fun of me and my hogs. I make fun of them. As long as it is good natured fun. ALL schools have good and bad fans and graduates.

Aggies are stupid, and those kids were sacrificial lambs on the altar of that stupidity.  As I said, it wasn't even the first time people had died building the bonfire, yet there they were, a bunch of drunk kids sanctioned by the university, messing with the MOST DANGEROUS things in the entire world, logs.  My family were loggers for a hundred years or more, and I've seen more people messed up by logs than I can count, and that was the most stupid activity EVER sanctioned by so-called rational adults.

And the dumbest thing of all, is all the Aggies who act as if those kids died doing something worthwhile, instead of acknowledging the incredible stupidity of having twelve kids die building a freaking fire for a freaking football game.

Like I said, stupid Aggies.

RAF

hogatouille

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 30, 2011, 08:46:22 am

P.S. How would you feel if it had been one of your children that got killed in that tragedy and people were on here making fun of it. How about if they were on the OSU, WSU or Marshall planes that crashed or been in the building at VT. Do you honestly believe it is respectful and proper to poke fun at those type of accidents? If so then I don't know what else to say to you.
They weren't playing jenga with a 150 foot burning log pile. 

Grunt

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 29, 2011, 03:58:59 pm

I knew someone wouldn't leave it alone. TAMU is an excellent university. If you are a student or graduate from there you are NOT stupid. Only a truly stupid person would not know that. I would ban you if I could.
best one yet!
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hawgon on September 30, 2011, 08:53:07 am
Aggies are stupid, and those kids were sacrificial lambs on the altar of that stupidity.  As I said, it wasn't even the first time people had died building the bonfire, yet there they were, a bunch of drunk kids sanctioned by the university, messing with the MOST DANGEROUS things in the entire world, logs.  My family were loggers for a hundred years or more, and I've seen more people messed up by logs than I can count, and that was the most stupid activity EVER sanctioned by so-called rational adults.

And the dumbest thing of all, is all the Aggies who act as if those kids died doing something worthwhile, instead of acknowledging the incredible stupidity of having twelve kids die building a freaking fire for a freaking football game.

Like I said, stupid Aggies.

My grandfather worked in logging and sawmills his whole life. Family members grow and harvest timber in south Arkansas. My dad almost cut off and lost use of his thumb with a chainsaw. You don't have to lecture me on those dangers I've been there in the woods and sawmills. A tragic accident killed innocent students and you want to make fun of them or call them stupid. Accidents happen. They learned from their mistake. That happens a lot in life. Your attitude about it is an even bigger tragedy.

Inhogswetrust

September 30, 2011, 09:08:05 am #510 Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 09:09:44 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: hogatouille on September 30, 2011, 09:02:21 am
They weren't playing jenga with a 150 foot burning log pile. 

So I guess you made your kids wear pads all over their body when they started to ride bicycles or never let them go play. Hindsight is always twenty-twenty. It was a tragedy and bad mistake but as people we make mistakes and learn from them. If we removed all the dangers in life we wouldn't have cars and roads and other things.

Grunt

Hawgon

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 30, 2011, 09:03:41 am
My grandfather worked in logging and sawmills his whole life. Family members grow and harvest timber in south Arkansas. My dad almost cut off and lost use of his thumb with a chainsaw. You don't have to lecture me on those dangers I've been there in the woods and sawmills. A tragic accident killed innocent students and you want to make fun of them or call them stupid. Accidents happen. They learned from their mistake. That happens a lot in life. Your attitude about it is an even bigger tragedy.

It wasn't a tragic "accident".  Hell, there would have been fewer of them killed that weekend if the school had provided unlimited whiskey and car keys to every kid on campus instead of sanctioning the bonfire.

And instead of trying to forget it and quietly repent for being so stupid, they build memorials and say things like, "At least they died doing something worthwhile."  Ha! 

They died because they were stupid, and more importantly and more tragically, the entire school and its alumni base is batpoop crazy and ENCOURAGED them to do it.  And today, if you as any Aggie over 40 he'll tell you that they ought to bring the bonfire back. 

Stupid Aggies.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Hawgon on September 30, 2011, 09:11:32 am
It wasn't a tragic "accident".  Hell, there would have been fewer of them killed that weekend if the school had provided unlimited whiskey and car keys to every kid on campus instead of sanctioning the bonfire.

And instead of trying to forget it and quietly repent for being so stupid, they build memorials and say things like, "At least they died doing something worthwhile."  Ha! 

They died because they were stupid, and more importantly and more tragically, the entire school and its alumni base is batpoop crazy and ENCOURAGED them to do it.  And today, if you as any Aggie over 40 he'll tell you that they ought to bring the bonfire back. 

Stupid Aggies.
They were looking at the bonfire blueprint upside down.

Grunt

hogatouille

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 30, 2011, 09:08:05 am
So I guess you made your kids wear pads all over their body when they started to ride bicycles or never let them go play. Hindsight is always twenty-twenty. It was a tragedy and bad mistake but as people we make mistakes and learn from them. If we removed all the dangers in life we wouldn't have cars and roads and other things.
??? Are you serious?  You need hindsight to see that stacking wood 150 foot in the air and lighting it on fire was a bad idea?

Inhogswetrust

September 30, 2011, 09:14:32 am #516 Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 09:52:48 am by Inhogswetrust

Stupid Aggies.

Your post just proves my point that there are disrespectful and stupid fans at all schools. Our's included.

Inhogswetrust

Stupid Aggies.

Look up the word accident then. Apparently you don't know what it means.

hogatouille

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 30, 2011, 09:17:11 am
Look up the word accident then. Apparently you don't know what it means.
You should youtube "ghost ride gone wrong".  It's a trend among kids.  When a kid gets run over by his own car trying to drive outside of said car then it's not a tragedy, it's Darwinism.

Ex-Trumpet

Stupid Aggies.

Aggies are stupid.  That's why there's aggie jokes.

But, the bonfire was a tragic accident.  You'd think so, too, if your aggie kid was one of the unfortunate ones buried under that pile of stupidity.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Hawgon

QuoteLook up the word accident then. Apparently you don't know what it means.

Like I said, it was about as much of an "accident" as drinking a fifth of whiskey and then getting your car with four of your best friends and running into a bridge abutment.

No need for memorials to monumental stupidity and no need to fantasize that what they were doing had any utility or was any more useful or less stupid than drinking to extreme drunkeness and driving.

Hawgon

QuoteYou'd think so, too, if your aggie kid was one of the unfortunate ones buried under that pile of stupidity.

Oh, I'd be sad, there isn't a doubt about that.  But I would hope I wouldn't try to glamorize his death as I've seen so many Aggies do.  And I certainly wouldn't want a memorial to that stupidity.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hogatouille on September 30, 2011, 09:14:00 am
??? Are you serious?  You need hindsight to see that stacking wood 150 foot in the air and lighting it on fire was a bad idea?

Like I said. MY FAMILY has had several members in the logging business. I know how dangerous it can be. I NEVER said it was a good idea to do the bonfire on such a large scale. ALL I said was it was a tragedy and an accident. Would I have been up there helping them build it. NO. You can't however remove ALL risks in life.

Hawgon

QuoteYou can't however remove ALL risks in life.

That is perhaps the most idiotic statement every printed on this board.  There are risks and there are risks.  There are risks that must necessarily be taken to accomplish good and valuable ends.  There are others, such as base jumping, extreme skiing, and BUILDING A 150ft STACK OF GIANT LOGS, that are undertaken voluntarily and unnecessarily.  And while it is one thing for an individual to willingly take these unnecessary risks, it is another for a so-called institution of higher learning to actively encourage, sanction, and promote an entire group of students to engage in a ridiculously risky and unnecessary activity.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hogatouille on September 30, 2011, 09:18:41 am
You should youtube "ghost ride gone wrong".  It's a trend among kids.  When a kid gets run over by his own car trying to drive outside of said car then it's not a tragedy, it's Darwinism.

When I was a kid growing we used to ride on the open tailgate of the truck. Even rode on the hood of moving cars, didn't wear a seat belt, rode bikes without helmets, played in the street, etc. IF myself or anyone got killed doing it it would have been an accident no matter how stupid we were for doing it. EVERYBODY does stupid thing and at some point in life you will statistically be involved in an accident because of it. You can only hope it isn't serious enough to get you killed.

Hawgon

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 30, 2011, 09:26:56 am
When I was a kid growing we used to ride on the open tailgate of the truck. Even rode on the hood of moving cars, didn't wear a seat belt, rode bikes without helmets, played in the street, etc. IF myself or anyone got killed doing it it would have been an accident no matter how stupid we were for doing it. EVERYBODY does stupid thing and at some point in life you will statistically be involved in an accident because of it. You can only hope it isn't serious enough to get you killed.

Jeez, you're dense.  It isn't about the kids.  Kids will be stupid.  It is about all the adults who encouraged and sanctioned them and then have the audacity to try and say they were doing something worthwhile once they were killed.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hawgon on September 30, 2011, 09:19:41 am
Like I said, it was about as much of an "accident" as drinking a fifth of whiskey and then getting your car with four of your best friends and running into a bridge abutment.

No need for memorials to monumental stupidity and no need to fantasize that what they were doing had any utility or was any more useful or less stupid than drinking to extreme drunkeness and driving.

Some memorials are put up to remind us of what happened, why it happened and to not do it anymore either as individuals or society at large.

It's the old adage "those that forget the past are doomed to repeat it".

Hawgon

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 30, 2011, 09:29:53 am
Some memorials are put up to remind us of what happened, why it happened and to not do it anymore either as individuals or society at large.

It's the old adage "those that forget the past are doomed to repeat it".

You don't know as many Aggies as you say you do if you think that is the case.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 29, 2011, 05:04:20 pm
That's the biggest Aggie joke of all! NO girl cheerleaders!

You're wrong...they do have girl cheerleaders...

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Inhogswetrust

September 30, 2011, 09:35:49 am #529 Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 09:40:21 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: Hawgon on September 30, 2011, 09:26:33 am
That is perhaps the most idiotic statement every printed on this board.  There are risks and there are risks.  There are risks that must necessarily be taken to accomplish good and valuable ends.  There are others, such as base jumping, extreme skiing, and BUILDING A 150ft STACK OF GIANT LOGS, that are undertaken voluntarily and unnecessarily.  And while it is one thing for an individual to willingly take these unnecessary risks, it is another for a so-called institution of higher learning to actively encourage, sanction, and promote an entire group of students to engage in a ridiculously risky and unnecessary activity.

Slow down there friend. Some of your posts have been just as idiotic as you think mine have been. See anyone can have an opinion. I NEVER said the bonfire should have been built much less sanctioned by the school!

Hawgon

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 30, 2011, 09:35:49 am
Slow down there friend. Some of your posts have been just as idiotic as you think mine have been. I NEVER said the bonfire should have been built much less sanctioned by the school!

Yet you make post saying that all "risks" can't be eliminated as if it were all somehow unavoidable.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hawgon on September 30, 2011, 09:28:59 am
Jeez, you're dense.  It isn't about the kids.  Kids will be stupid.  It is about all the adults who encouraged and sanctioned them and then have the audacity to try and say they were doing something worthwhile once they were killed.

NOW if you want to start calling names then bring it on! I doubt if this debate will go much farther though if you do. There are rules on here.

ADULTS CAN BE STUPID too, NOT just kids.

hogatouille

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 30, 2011, 09:38:22 am
NOW if you want to start calling names then bring it on! I doubt if this debate will go much farther though if you do. There are rules on here.

ADULTS CAN BE STUPID too, NOT just kids.
And when they are it's not a tragedy.  If 77 adults line up in a circle and drink poison koolaid it's not a tragedy.  It's a good start to ending stupidity.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hawgon on September 30, 2011, 09:32:06 am
You don't know as many Aggies as you say you do if you think that is the case.

Start your list and I'll start mine.

Now that is the most idiotic post I've ever made. Not the other one you referenced.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hawgon on September 30, 2011, 09:26:33 am
it is one thing for an individual to willingly take these unnecessary risks, it is another for a so-called institution of higher learning to actively encourage, sanction, and promote an entire group of students to engage in a ridiculously risky and unnecessary activity.

Does that include sports?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hawgon on September 30, 2011, 09:37:54 am
Yet you make post saying that all "risks" can't be eliminated as if it were all somehow unavoidable.

I know that are not always avoidable. THAT is WHY they are called RISKS.

Hawgon

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 30, 2011, 09:44:24 am
Does that include sports?

Let me know when a school fields a Russian Roulette team because that would be about the only thing half as risky as the bonfire.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hogatouille on September 30, 2011, 09:39:47 am
And when they are it's not a tragedy.  If 77 adults line up in a circle and drink poison koolaid it's not a tragedy.  It's a good start to ending stupidity.

It is if another adult is holding a gun to their head to force them to drink it. On second thought it is a tragedy but unforced. Unfortunately everytime a "stupid" person dies then another is born to take their place!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hawgon on September 30, 2011, 09:46:31 am
Let me know when a school fields a Russian Roulette team because that would be about the only thing half as risky as the bonfire.

But sports are voluntary by the individual and sanctioned by the school. No it's not as risky as a bonfire but risky never the less. People have gotten killed doing it just like driving. So I guess we should outlaw that activity.

RonBurgundy

Quote from: Grunt on September 30, 2011, 09:09:35 am
Future Milk Men of America

i'm guessing those milk men won't be impregnating any lonely housewives, though

Ex-Trumpet

Talk about hijacking an aggie-joke thread...

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hawgon on September 30, 2011, 09:46:31 am

O.K. I get it now. YOU want to be the judge for all activities and what should and shouldn't be allowed based on your opinion of what is too risky or not.

Hawgon

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 30, 2011, 09:55:32 am
O.K. I get it now. YOU want to be the judge for all activities and what should and shouldn't be allowed based on your opinion of what is too risky or not.

It is called a "reasonable man" standard.  I'm not too surprised you seem to be unfamiliar with it.

little pigee

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 30, 2011, 09:52:21 am
But sports are voluntary by the individual and sanctioned by the school. No it's not as risky as a bonfire but risky never the less. People have gotten killed doing it just like driving. So I guess we should outlaw that activity.
You two need to meet up at the Sonic in Alma at high noon!
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

rzrbaxfan

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 30, 2011, 09:35:22 am
You're wrong...they do have girl cheerleaders...

I like your attempt to get this thread back on track, but dang dude, you just ruined my early lunch! :)

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hawgon on September 30, 2011, 09:56:44 am
It is called a "reasonable man" standard.  I'm not too surprised you seem to be unfamiliar with it.

I'm very familiar with it. I have family members I love and employees I care about. I don't take unnecessary risks with either group.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: little pigee on September 30, 2011, 10:00:55 am
You two need to meet up at the Sonic in Alma at high noon!

Sorry I'm not a big fan of Danny's favorite fine dining restaurant. Unless Danny is buying. I never would turn down free food.

Ftsmithmike

So back on track here.

What's the difference between an Aggie and a Boy Scout?
"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."

PonderinHog

RebelliousHog

Will someone tell those two to stop bitching at each other so we can get back to telling insensitive jokes about Aggies?

Yay-su christo
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci