Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Glad this vacation is finally over...

Started by Boarcephus, May 03, 2014, 05:49:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Boarcephus

Spent a week in Destin and got caught in the storm.  I think they estimated we got 11 inches of rain overnight.  Everything flooded and we were stranded in the condo.    The complex next to us had their parking lot under water.  Watched people wade to their cars and it was mid thigh deep on them.  Lots of cars were totaled.  One hell of a lightning display though.  They said at the height of the storm we got over 4000 lightning strikes in a 15 minute period and over 45,000 for the evening.  Left a day early and what generally is a 12 hour trip took 14.  Never so glad to see nw Arkansas in my life.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

hoghappy

That was quite a storm. Glad you're safe.

Pulled(PP)pork

hope to avoid such misery when we depart from Miami on our cruise the first of June.

PP

Old Tusk

I usually forget to pack the life raft.
The Democrats are the party that says government can make you richer, smarter, taller and get the crabgrass out of our lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then they get elected and prove it....P.J. O'Rourke

Boarcephus

We had maybe 2 1/2 decent, not good, days and after that it rained off and on every day.  After a week down there I generally come back with a tan, this year I'm sprouting gills.  I feel sorry for the folks in Pensacola because many lost everything.  What really pissed me off was coming back through LR.  I bet it took us 45 minutes to get from LR to Mayflower because of all the gawkers. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

HawgWild

HognotinMemphis

We were in Watercolor, between Seaside and Rosemary Beach, last July. Got there on July 3 and it rained 30 inches from July 3rd through July 6th. Makes your 11 inches look tiny!
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Boarcephus

Saw where Pensacola is sitting on a little over 50 inches of rain for the year, 30 inches above normal.  Meanwhile, gonna be a dry summer in nw Arkansas.  We've had 11 inches and change so far and the rainy season is about over.  Guess I'll hook up the sprinkler system today and get ready to water the yard again.

DeltaBoy

Yep all that rain we need in TX is going on by and falling in FLA!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.