Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Big Cedar Lodge

Started by HawgWild, December 08, 2013, 02:55:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgWild

Any body been? Is it worth it? Looking at possibly getting a cabin up there.

TIA

McKdaddy

We've been 10+ times. Our first trip was in one of the lodges, which gave us a beautiful view below. Every trip since then has been in one of the cabins along the shore. Great place. I'd give BCL a strong recommendation.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Hogoverseas

We usually go once a year when I am back in America and stay in the Governors suite. We love it and it is such a short trip from our place in Arkansas.

McKdaddy

Quote from: Hogoverseas on December 08, 2013, 05:21:29 pm
We usually .... stay in the Governors suite.

I've heard that's some solid shelter.

Hogoverseas

Can't take it with you when you are gone.  :D

Plus, it is 4 bedrooms so we bring others along with us.
We really do love going up there.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: McKdaddy on December 08, 2013, 03:29:12 pm
We've been 10+ times. Our first trip was in one of the lodges, which gave us a beautiful view below. Every trip since then has been in one of the cabins along the shore. Great place. I'd give BCL a strong recommendation.
We've been multiple times as well. Love it. Last time we stayed in the Arnold Palmer, golf-themed cabin on the lake. 2 bedroom/2 bath with fireplace and kitchen and great deck looking over the water with very nice grill on it. If you go in the winter and spring, rates are not too bad. In summer and fall, cabin we stayed in goes for something like $500/night. Beautiful area with lots to do. We were there in mid-October but did not stay at BCL. Dined at their Worman House though. Really like that restaurant and bar. Good service and beautiful view of the lake from it.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

hilljack

My family and I spent a week in one of the two bedroom suites at BCL a few years ago.  It was one of our favorite trips.  The resort had a ton of activities for the kids, the restaurants were good and the other people staying there were friendly.  The room we had was well maintained as was the rest of the resort.  I'd highly recommend it.

DLUXHOG

Great resort on a beautiful lake.....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

McKdaddy