Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wanting to fly to Lihue Kauai, need help.

Started by 1highhog, October 29, 2013, 12:58:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

1highhog

Okay guys, here's the deal, I've been to Kauai several times, my wife and I intend on retiring there in another few years.  My trouble is finding airlines, with all the recent consolidations, etc., I haven't flown in about 3 years now.  What would be my best bet airline wise to fly from Arkansas to my destination?  I've even drove to Dallas before and left from there.  Any help would be appreciated.

jabberjawls

1highhog

Quote from: jabberjawls on October 29, 2013, 01:20:41 pm
I just got back from Kauai. I flew United.

do you mind me asking where you flew out of, and how much the ticket prices were?  Did you fly out on a week day or weekend? 

jabberjawls

Actually, I flew from LR to Kona, the Big Island on a Monday morning.  (Stops in Denver and San Francisco).  About a week later, I flew to Kauai.   After a week and a half there, flew home.  Left on a Thursday about 8:15pm and flew to Honolulu.  From there to Denver and then LR.  The entire plane ticket cost was about $1000 per person. 

I did look into just going to Kauai and roundtrip was going to be about $850.

When I was looking, Orbitz generally had the better prices, but I ended up booking through United.com directly because I was able to the get the flight times that I wanted and the price was fairly comparable.  Travelocity will show you different flight rates for leaving/returning on different dates. 

Boog41

If you are in NWA, I'd take the American non-stop to LA and then direct from LA into Lihue. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure you will have to connect twice regardless of what airline you are on.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: 1highhog on October 29, 2013, 12:58:29 am
Okay guys, here's the deal, I've been to Kauai several times, my wife and I intend on retiring there in another few years.  My trouble is finding airlines, with all the recent consolidations, etc., I haven't flown in about 3 years now.  What would be my best bet airline wise to fly from Arkansas to my destination?  I've even drove to Dallas before and left from there.  Any help would be appreciated.

North shore (Princeville, Hanalei Bay, etc.) or south shore (Poipu Bay)?  Love Kauai, would retire to the north shore in a nanosecond if I had the dough to do it.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

DLUXHOG

You can go to DFW as American has several daily flights, connecting in LAX or Honolulu, to Lihue........
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

1highhog

February 03, 2014, 07:50:03 am #7 Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 08:49:20 am by 1highhog
Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 03, 2014, 07:36:17 am
You know you can check airlines schedules and prices yourself online instead of asking others here to do your research for you. Obviously you do know how to get online.

Your snide remark didn't have anything to do with what I had asked.  I've went to Kauai several times, I've owned property there since 96.  But sometimes it pays to ask others that have been if they have used airlines in the last three years since I haven't flown.  If you don't have anything to add to this topic, please stay out of it.

Boog41

Quote from: 1highhog on February 03, 2014, 07:50:03 am
Your snide remark didn't have anything to do with what I had asked.  I've went to Kauai several times, I've owned property there since 96.  But sometimes it pays to ask others that have been if they have used airlines in the last three years since I haven't flown.  If you don't have anything to add to this topic, please stay out of it.

+1 I just don't understand why some folks have to be such jack wagons. For God's sake, it is a discussion board, not a doctoral thesis.

1highhog

Quote from: Boog41 on February 03, 2014, 09:37:16 am
+1 I just don't understand why some folks have to be such jack wagons. For God's sake, it is a discussion board, not a doctoral thesis.

Thanks for the kind words, some people live to just be an [CENSORED].  +1 by the way.

alohawg

I just get an inter-island Hono-Lihue  8)......sorry.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc