Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kansas City restaurants?

Started by Hogwop, September 25, 2013, 01:08:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogwop

I'm heading to KC in a few days and I'm just looking for some ideas on good places to eat while I'm up there. Preferably something I definitely can't get down here in NWA. Any suggestions?
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

Horsesrus

Oklahoma Joe's BBQ.  Don't let the line or the gas station convenience store location scare you away.

Uncle_dad

^^^This.  If you want more BBQ, you can also take in LC's for the burnt ends and Jack Stack for great beans.  You can also form your own opinion in the Gates or Arthur Bryant's debate.

pigture perfect

Dixon's Chilli is an old landmark greasy spoon type where Harry S. Truman ate all the time. He would have the stuff sent to Washington Big Shots, he liked it so much.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

cosmodrum

If you don't get in line in the morning at okie Joe's, you ain't eating there. I'd get take-out.

Jack Stack for ribs, beans (best anywhere) and burnt ends.

Cascone's for Italian. Legit Italian.

Strouds for pan fried chicken, chicken fried steak, and incredible cinnamon rolls.

Grinders for pizza and sandwiches.
Go away, batin'

twistitup

Jack Stack  - Ribs / Cheesy Corn
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

waphill

Julian KC is by far the best food I've had in the metro so far. Definitely not something you'll find in NWA. It's a casual, little trendy, atmosphere and reasonably priced. The food was outstanding. The Chef was on Top Chef All Stars. Give it a shot.

http://www.juliankc.com/

OK Joe's is my fav for bbq. I also like the cajun at Jazz.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Hogwop

Thanks for all the ideas fellas. We're definitely gonna be hitting up one of those BBQ joints, hopefully Okie Joes, I've heard great things about it. Already had Arthur Bryant's and maybe it was just a bad day or something but it seemed more like paying for the name instead of great Q. It was good, don't get me wrong, but I've had better.

We're also thinking of hitting up Joe's Crab Shack in Independence on the way back home, anyone know anything about it?
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

cosmodrum

Quote from: Hogwop on September 26, 2013, 09:44:50 pm
Thanks for all the ideas fellas. We're definitely gonna be hitting up one of those BBQ joints, hopefully Okie Joes, I've heard great things about it. Already had Arthur Bryant's and maybe it was just a bad day or something but it seemed more like paying for the name instead of great Q. It was good, don't get me wrong, but I've had better.

We're also thinking of hitting up Joe's Crab Shack in Independence on the way back home, anyone know anything about it?

Joe's Crab Shack is a national chain. Go to Cascone's, Stroud's or Grinders.
Go away, batin'

BR

Quote from: Hogwop on September 26, 2013, 09:44:50 pm

BEEN there, its ok... But your in freaking KC, eat at some of the recommended places... JOE's are everywhere, don't waste your time.
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

pigture perfect

There is also an Italian restuarant called Vee's not far from Arrowhead/Kaufmann. It is outstanding. It's also legit Italian food.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"