Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seven Seniors Graduate..

Started by HeyHogs, February 03, 2018, 10:44:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HeyHogs

With seven seniors graduating what type of team are we looking at next year?

hogfanny

At this point I'm not even interested.

hogsanity

Another of the favorite excuses for Mike and his PR team - YOUNG. Gotta give them at least 2 years to learn the system.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Buff

Quote from: hogsanity on February 03, 2018, 11:18:46 pm
Another of the favorite excuses for Mike and his PR team - YOUNG. Gotta give them at least 2 years to learn the system.

How long does it take to learn to run?  That's all we do good.

bhogs05

System isnt hard to learn..stand around on offense and dont guard anyone on defense

The_Iceman

Quote from: HeyHogs on February 03, 2018, 10:44:31 pm

Another non-NCAA Tournament team for Mediocre Mike. There is no reason to keep him if he misses the tournament next year. The man has no fire in the belly and is a poor fundamentals coach. Even worse, his roster management loses him games before the season ever starts.

cardsNhogs

Quote from: bhogs05 on February 04, 2018, 05:15:24 am
System isnt hard to learn..stand around on offense and dont guard anyone on defense
What we do should not even be called a system.

twistitup

But we got some good kids...not many arrests, GPA climbing, graduating seniors - we are close, very close

Great practices, we are just struggling to put it all together

Sometimes life is more than just about wins, it's about creating quality individuals - good men - we are doing that.

.....wait Coach B, is that you---nope, just the normal coach speak when things being to go south.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

rljjr

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 04, 2018, 06:40:55 am
Another non-NCAA Tournament team for Mediocre Mike. There is no reason to keep him if he misses the tournament next year. The man has no fire in the belly and is a poor fundamentals coach. Even worse, his roster management loses him games before the season ever starts.

You hit it on the head with "no fire in the belly."

twistitup

Quote from: rljjr on February 04, 2018, 08:04:20 am
You hit it on the head with "no fire in the belly."

we lacking 'hot piss' as well

I mean....when you don't have fire in the belly it's hard to have hot piss.....now I am understanding JLS a little bit more.

Things are coming full circle.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Letsroll1200

Quote from: cardsNhogs on February 04, 2018, 07:24:50 am

Arkansas has one of the best scoring offense in the SEC. That's not the issue.

hobhog

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 04, 2018, 08:12:58 am
Arkansas has one of the best scoring offense in the SEC. That's not the issue.

Statistically maybe. But I don't agree. So many games have been out of hand I'm not sure I'd hang my hat on our "offense".

Next year will be a complete rebuild. And should start with a new coach.

latrops

I actually like our roster well enough this season.  Hate that they are made to run an increasingly ineffective defensive scheme that they are awful at.

HOGINTENNESSEE

JONAS

I didn't know we had a system. 

USChog

Quote from: hogfanny on February 03, 2018, 11:11:49 pm
At this point I'm not even interested.

Interested enough to come on a message board and leave a comment.

I had such high expecations for this year with 7 seniors. Who knows what we look like next year.

roothawg

Hopefully a team that will defend

elksnort

Tejano Jawg

Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

HogBreath

Quote from: USChog on February 04, 2018, 01:07:39 pm
Interested enough to come on a message board and leave a comment.

I had such high expecations for this year with 7 seniors. Who knows what we look like next year.
As I understand, we'll be sooo much better next year, it sounds like the year we been waiting on, for sure.

And if not next year, then we'll have the great class coming in the next year to look forward to.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

SWarkansasman

whatever it looks like next year, odds are its better than this.

Waldron_Hog

rude1

Quote from: Waldron_Hog on February 04, 2018, 06:16:12 pm
A more athletic team
Yes they will be able to run themselves out of good defensive position much quicker than the current roster.

Occams Razorback

Why do we have to wait until next year to make a change?
If it makes crumbs, it's probably not good for you.

Jimmy

Sad.....but true.  I've heard "our young guys" more times than Carter has pills. 

FineAsSwine

Team does not have seven seniors so it will be more experienced than you think.
Hogs up! Covid down!

ballinhog

If we don't make the tourney this year I don't see how we possibly can keep him. This year would make it 2 in 7 years and likely won't make it next year. 2 in 8 years, not even close to good enough

HognotinMemphis

One with less seniors more than likely. Arkansas does best when it is young. Won the NC in 1994 with sophomore and junior starters. Experience is overrated when the players are of average talent.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Kevin

Never get rid of him. Next year the propaganda will be we are young and improving. Stay the course
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

elksnort

Quote from: HogBreath on February 04, 2018, 01:47:51 pm
As I understand, we'll be sooo much better next year, it sounds like the year we been waiting on, for sure.

And if not next year, then we'll have the great class coming in the next year to look forward to.
Hahahaha, oh my. Some well played subtle stuff.

Thanks for the laugh.

Brake

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 06, 2018, 05:14:51 am
One with less seniors more than likely. Arkansas does best when it is young. Won the NC in 1994 with sophomore and junior starters. Experience is overrated when the players are of average talent.

I agree completely. The only better than average seniors we have are Macon and Barford. Next year this will be a more skilled and athletic team. They'll be young but who cares. If a dog is gonna bite, it'll bite as a pup

rzrbkman

Quote from: FineAsSwine on February 05, 2018, 10:29:41 pm
Team does not have seven seniors so it will be more experienced than you think.

Yes it does. 6 scholarship seniors plus 1 walk on senior equals 7.

hawg1221

Quote from: cardsNhogs on February 04, 2018, 07:24:50 am

I thought they called that street ball.