Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What was I thinking? Rooting for Texas

Started by LRrazorback, September 05, 2016, 10:14:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LRrazorback

Didn't see a topic on this

In last nights game my hatred/dislike for another team, Notre Dame, was greater than my dislike of Texas. Possibly the first time I've felt this way. I actually was rooting for Charlie Strong to win, which means I was rooting for Texas.  This can't be right. Has anyone heard if he'll has frozen?  I've checked the internet but can't find anything.

Texas looked really good and CCS could be putting together a champion soon in Austin

Michael_E_Davis

Quote from: LRrazorback on September 05, 2016, 10:14:46 am
Didn't see a topic on this

In last nights game my hatred/dislike for another team, Notre Dame, was greater than my dislike of Texas. Possibly the first time I've felt this way. I actually was rooting for Charlie Strong to win, which means I was rooting for Texas.  This can't be right. Has anyone heard if he'll has frozen?  I've checked the internet but can't find anything.

Texas looked really good and CCS could be putting together a champion soon in Austin

I dunno. That's a good question.  What 'were' you thinking?
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

jlhogfan

I was rooting for the Horns as well.  That was a great game; even though I can't stand the 2 qb system, it worked for the Horns

hog991

I agree 100% with your post. I hated both teams but pulled for Coach Strong. I feel unclean today.

LRHawg

pro: Texas A&M recruiting will suffer. Con: I have to listen to the talking heads discuss Texas all season.

HillBillyHogfan

25 years removed from the SWC rivalry... I now hate Notre Dame and their overrated bull poo arrogance more than Texas as well.

I was rooting for the Batesville Pioneer
Observations from the holler... Maker of Newton County's best corn-squeezins'  @HillbillyHogfan

FineAsSwine

Awesome game. Found a way to still engage Swoopes while maybe settling their qb issue for 3 or 4 years. Great game by a true freshman. If they give Strong one more year, Texas will be back. Although, I really don't like the sound of that.

KlubhouseKonnected

Strangely enough, what is currently good for UT is also good for the U of A.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: jlhogfan on September 05, 2016, 10:17:51 am
I was rooting for the Horns as well.  That was a great game; even though I can't stand the 2 qb system, it worked for the Horns
me too, although I would have been perfectly fine with them getting trolled at the end (like almost happened). I did like the way they played and I hope they beat OU (then promptly lose to baylor or tech or houston).
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

goodguytex

I'm assuming none of you that went for texass have to be around the annoying condescending texass fans on a regular basis. I have to deal with one at work tonight. Dude is going to act like they just won the NC. And be trying to rub it in because we beat tech by 1 point.

As much as I'd like to go for any team playing notre dame, my mind gets changed when I have to endure these arrogant fans of Texas. Just makes me want to go off. And I might yet on this dude I work with if he doesn't act like an adult.

jlhogfan

Quote from: goodguytex on September 05, 2016, 10:28:35 am
I'm assuming none of you that went for texass have to be around the annoying condescending texass fans on a regular basis. I have to deal with one at work tonight. Dude is going to act like they just won the NC. And be trying to rub it in because we beat tech by 1 point.

As much as I'd like to go for any team playing notre dame, my mind gets changed when I have to endure these arrogant fans of Texas. Just makes me want to go off. And I might yet on this dude I work with if he doesn't act like an adult.

I live an hour from Austin; married a longhorn fanatic, but if we lose to the Aggies, that is worse for me

carolinahogger

I enjoyed the game.  I was rooting for Texas, but really it was a no-lose situation.  It did occur to me as ND was mounting that big comeback in the second half that it would be a perverse pleasure to see TX fold and lose the game.

BTW, if replay officials can take a look at the tape and call a targeting penalty how can that end zone hit on ND receiver Hunter not be called?

Michael_E_Davis

Correct me if I am wrong,  but didn't it use to be a touchdown if you blocked a field goal attempt and ran it all the way back?  If so,  when did it change and why?  It should be a touchdown.   Oh,  and Notre Dame was the better team last night.  They looked like a top five team.  Texas just wanted it more.
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

jlhogfan

Quote from: carolinahogger on September 05, 2016, 10:38:36 am
I enjoyed the game.  I was rooting for Texas, but really it was a no-lose situation.  It did occur to me as ND was mounting that big comeback in the second half that it would be a perverse pleasure to see TX fold and lose the game.

BTW, if replay officials can take a look at the tape and call a targeting penalty how can that end zone hit on ND receiver Hunter not be called?

We were discussing that play last night; I am not a rules expert, but I think it can only be reviewed if they throw a flag on it.  It would be a hard review, because it looked like the Horn turned his head at the last minute.

ua_hogs

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on September 05, 2016, 10:39:26 am
Correct me if I am wrong,  but didn't it use to be a touchdown if you blocked a field goal attempt and ran it all the way back?  If so,  when did it change and why?  It should be a touchdown.   Oh,  and Notre Dame was the better team last night.  They looked like a top five team.  Texas just wanted it more.

ND returned an XP last night, not a field goal. Field goal return still = 7.

goodguytex

Quote from: jlhogfan on September 05, 2016, 10:42:35 am
We were discussing that play last night; I am not a rules expert, but I think it can only be reviewed if they throw a flag on it.  It would be a hard review, because it looked like the Horn turned his head at the last minute.
If there is consistency, then a flag should have been thrown for targeting. It was called on Tennessee. It should've been called on texass.

jlhogfan

Quote from: goodguytex on September 05, 2016, 10:47:56 am
If there is consistency, then a flag should have been thrown for targeting. It was called on Tennessee. It should've been called on texass.

I agree the flag should have been thrown (side of caution), just that the review would have been tough

goodguytex

Quote from: jlhogfan on September 05, 2016, 10:30:53 am
I live an hour from Austin; married a longhorn fanatic, but if we lose to the Aggies, that is worse for me
What gets me is I've been around bama fans quite a bit, sat next to bama fans at the last Hog/bama game I went to at Razorback stadium.

Every one of them are nice people, outgoing, easy to get along with, not arrogant. But I can't for the life of me think of one texass fan I have been around that wasn't arrogant, condescending, and in everyone's face when their precious horns do well. They all collectively need to keep getting their attitudes adjusted. I'm tired of the arrogance.

Bama fans have a right to be arrogant. Texass fans need to just shut up and sit down somewhere.

jlhogfan

Quote from: goodguytex on September 05, 2016, 10:52:08 am
What gets me is I've been around bama fans quite a bit, sat next to bama fans at the last Hog/bama game I went to at Razorback stadium.

Every one of them are nice people, outgoing, easy to get along with, not arrogant. But I can't for the life of me think of one texass fan I have been around that wasn't arrogant, condescending, and in everyone's face when their precious horns do well. They all collectively need to keep getting their attitudes adjusted. I'm tired of the arrogance.

Bama fans have a right to be arrogant. Texass fans need to just shut up and sit down somewhere.

lol... yeah they definitely deserve the teasippers nickname.  I hate Bama most of all, however

goodguytex

Quote from: jlhogfan on September 05, 2016, 10:53:46 am
lol... yeah they definitely deserve the teasippers nickname.  I hate Bama most of all, however
Well I hate bama too. But most of their fans I have been around aren't in my face about bama. They aren't arrogant and condescending. I know there are plenty of bama fans that are that way, but it's a special kind of attitude from texass fans. Makes me want to hit them upside their heads.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

I also married  longhorn lady. Ugh live in fort worth. Always kinda pull for the Irish being a Catholic guy and all.  Im not generall a "but the refs" kind of guy, but the refs.  Reminded me of the screwing the hogs used to take in the old SWC days.
Let's make some waves.

jlhogfan

Quote from: goodguytex on September 05, 2016, 10:55:58 am
Well I hate bama too. But most of their fans I have been around aren't in my face about bama. They aren't arrogant and condescending. I know there are plenty of bama fans that are that way, but it's a special kind of attitude from texass fans. Makes me want to hit them upside their heads.

Bat $h___ crazy is a better description of Bama fans.  When Saban leaves, and they lose 4 games, it will show

Dominicanhog

Yeah, me too.. got up and took a shower this morning and told myself it didn't really happen...

buffaload

Quote from: carolinahogger on September 05, 2016, 10:38:36 am

My thoughts exactly.  Pretty flagrant.  +1000.

staffhog

Quote from: goodguytex on September 05, 2016, 10:52:08 am

I beg to differ.  My one time at Bryant-Dennt stadium was less than enjoyable.  It was bad enough to get slaughtered 52-0 and then the entire stadium erupt into "hey arkansas, we just whipped you ass" chant.  Then on the way back to our tailgate a punk confronts me (a 70 yr old) and want to whip my tail because I'm decked out in Hog gear, I guess.  To be on the throne that long and conduct yourselves in that way is going tohurt when the "tide" turns. 

There were some nice folks but most with a condescending air about them.  But to rate them any less arrogant is a stretch.

DeltaBoy

I pulled for Charlie Strong cause he a fellow Arkie and that enough plus His team in the Little 12.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Let's make some waves.