How was your concessions experience Sat? Give details

Started by twistitup, October 02, 2017, 06:59:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Was it good or bad?

Good
Bad
FP

twistitup

Nachos were good....but we all got diet instead of reg DP, lines were still incredible and service was slooooww due to computer / human error

How was your experience?
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

PonderinHog

Had trouble with the refrigerator door.  I opened the door and there was only one beer in there.  Very frustrating.   >:(

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: twistitup on October 02, 2017, 06:59:24 pm
Nachos were good....but we all got diet instead of reg DP, lines were still incredible and service was slooooww due to computer / human error

How was your experience?

Is there anything that you are happy with in terms of the Razorbacks game? Seems like you complain about everything from the team to the experience. I don't think that I have ever been to a game where the concession lines weren't long, slow or where they didn't run out of something. But then, I'm not there for the satisfying experience of the concessions. Annoying? Yes. Ruins the entire experience? No.
Go Hogs Go!

Boardon Hamsay

Had a friend give me a free indoor club seat. Concession lines were a breeze. Beer was cold. Hot dogs were okay. Overall not bad. Empty seats galore in there. Wish they had jelly sandwiches on the menu for the second half.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

hobhog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 02, 2017, 07:17:44 pm
Is there anything that you are happy with in terms of the Razorbacks game? Seems like you complain about everything from the team to the experience. I don't think that I have ever been to a game where the concession lines weren't long, slow or where they didn't run out of something. But then, I'm not there for the satisfying experience of the concessions. Annoying? Yes. Ruins the entire experience? No.

He IS one angry dude. And starts a lot of posts to let you know it.

twistitup

I said the nachos were decent - honesty is taken as negativity these days.

Glad we won, Nachos were good - what else more to you thin skinned ladies want?

I am honest, no reason to live a lie

JaketheSnake

Biggest problem with Razorback football BY FAR:  Pepsi

twistitup

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 02, 2017, 07:39:11 pm
Biggest problem with Razorback football BY FAR:  Pepsi

Pepsi and no Fritos - go figure that chit out

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: twistitup on October 02, 2017, 07:38:40 pm
I said the nachos were decent - honesty is taken as negativity these days.

Glad we won, Nachos were good - what else more to you thin skinned [CENSORED] want?

When you complain about everything, you get what you [censored] people deserve.
Go Hogs Go!

JaketheSnake

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 02, 2017, 07:40:36 pm
FIRE PEPSI!

Now that I agree with, unless they start serving Moon Pies with the Pepsi (or RC Cola). ;)
Go Hogs Go!

twistitup

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 02, 2017, 07:42:02 pm
Now that I agree with, unless they start serving Moon Pies with the Pepsi (or RC Cola). ;)

I'm down w Moon Pies....Common Ground!!

rljjr

Think how much better we would play if we served Coke products. It boggles the mind.

factchecker

Chicken bacon ranch sandwich was good.

Free doughnuts in the club sections.

Peanuts are good but better at baseball games.

The only complaint was that the beverage only vendors didn't take credit cards.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: twistitup on October 02, 2017, 07:43:04 pm
I'm down w Moon Pies....Common Ground!!

Just as an aside, if Mr. Sam walked into one of his stores on a surprise visit (which he was known to do) and found that Moon Pies weren't displayed at a check out as an "impulse buy", he might take the Store Manager out. Big profit margin and popular seller.
Go Hogs Go!

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 02, 2017, 07:17:44 pm

Its worth talking about.

The reason it's been horrible was that 50 people were no shows for the TCU game. So they brought in 250 new employees to fix the problem.

Was it any better is the question, or do they need a new concession contractor?
This is my non-signature signature.

factchecker

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 02, 2017, 07:51:48 pm

It seemed much improved where I was.

Plenty of bottled water. They had a coffee stand.  They also had line queues to keep the concession areas organized instead of it being a jumbled mess.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 02, 2017, 07:51:48 pm
Its worth talking about.

The reason it's been horrible was that 50 people were no shows for the TCU game. So they brought in 250 new employees to fix the problem.

Going to a razorback game is about more than having a positive experience with the concessions. As I said, is it annoying? Yes. Does it ruin the experience? Not for me.
Go Hogs Go!

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 02, 2017, 07:56:22 pm
Going to a razorback game is about more than having a positive experience with the concessions. As I said, is it annoying? Yes. Does it ruin the experience? Not for me.

Annoying, is, well, annoying.

Would the concession problem being fixed actually enhance the game-environment? Yep.

Worth talking about.

The OTR

I like twist.  He didn't come in here griping his head off.  I thought we weren't supposed to go over other posters? 

There's lots of stuff to get hot under the collar about.  Nachos probably aren't one of them. Jelly sandwiches maybe...but not stadium nachos.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 02, 2017, 07:58:39 pm
Annoying, is, well, annoying.

Would the concession problem being fixed actually enhance the game-environment? Yep.

Worth talking about.

For some of you. I'm there to watch the Hogs when I get to go. The entire purpose. I'd also love it if my seat was padded, I never had to deal with the pushing masses of crowds and I had a controlled environment devoid of drunk morons, was always first in-line in the men's room and it never rained on me. But alas, I get to go watch the Hogs and share it with my family at times. So all is well.
Go Hogs Go!

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 02, 2017, 07:59:08 pm
I like twist.  He didn't come in here griping his head off.  I thought we weren't supposed to go over other posters? 

There's lots of stuff to get hot under the collar about.  Nachos probably aren't one of them. Jelly sandwiches maybe...but not stadium nachos.

Agreed. Outside of DWRRS, Fayetteville is a soulless nacho desert but we've got more worthy priorities than stadium nacho driven flaring nostrils.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

hogblitz

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 02, 2017, 07:56:22 pm
I guess it helps take some of the focus off the product on the field. 

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hogblitz on October 02, 2017, 08:11:56 pm
I guess it helps take some of the focus off the product on the field. 

That doesn't add to the discussion.
Go Hogs Go!

IronMountainHog

Obviously the stadium considers it part of the experience, so why not let the consumers express their thoughts without shutting them down?

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 02, 2017, 08:04:54 pm
For some of you. I'm there to watch the Hogs when I get to go. The entire purpose. I'd also love it if my seat was padded, I never had to deal with the pushing masses of crowds and I had a controlled environment devoid of drunk morons, was always first in-line in the men's room and it never rained on me. But alas, I get to go watch the Hogs and share it with my family at times. So all is well.

so am I. But sitting in the concession line for too long doesn't help me watch and support. I have kids and usually my orders are for everyone.

Also, I don't have club seats though. Thanks for your concern and lecture.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: IronMountainHog on October 02, 2017, 08:38:29 pm
Obviously the stadium considers it part of the experience, so why not let the consumers express their thoughts without shutting them down?

Not shutting it down, just a difference in perspective. I'm sure that you get that.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 02, 2017, 08:43:31 pm
so am I. But sitting in the concession line for too long doesn't help me watch and support. I have kids and usually my orders are for everyone.

Also, I don't have club seats though. Thanks for your concern and lecture.

No lecture, just perspective. Thanks for understanding.
Go Hogs Go!

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 02, 2017, 08:44:50 pm
No lecture, just perspective. Thanks for understanding.

I find it kinda funny how you're all over a thread about concessions when this is probably the one thread that won't break the "Hogville Rules".

Just sayin.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 02, 2017, 08:47:14 pm
I find it kinda funny how you're all over a thread about concessions when this is probably the one thread that won't break the "Hogville Rules".

Just sayin.

Not sure what you are alluding to, maybe you want to be more clear? I'm just saying that I don't allow things like slow concessions lines or running out of things to ruin my experience of a Hog's game day. I have kids, grandkids too and friends who don't like being held up in concessions or being denied that which they want, I understand. Pain in the butt. I just try to focus on the positives. And this isn't about me being critical of you or anyone else. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Go Hogs Go!

Hog Pharm

Ran out of hotdogs at halftime. Of course I didn't know this so I waited in line and was told when I got up to order. How do you run out of hotdogs??

(notOM)Rebel123

In all honesty...from what I experience these days at RRS compared to several of the other SEC venues, plus what I watch on TV...our in-game experience is very much "ho-hum". My gosh, did anyone see Va Tech prior the teams entering the field vs Clemson? That's just one example. Are we trying too hard? Not hard enough? Can we find something unique to actually get a crowd fired up? Maybe it's just been the opponents...okay, rant over. Just my 1 cent.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 02, 2017, 08:51:39 pm
Not sure what you are alluding to, maybe you want to be more clear? I'm just saying that I don't allow things like slow concessions lines or running out of things to ruin my experience of a Hog's game day. I have kids, grandkids too and friends who don't like being held up in concessions or being denied that which they want, I understand. Pain in the butt. I just try to focus on the positives. And this isn't about me being critical of you or anyone else. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Nothing positive comes out of ordering a Dr. Pepper and getting a Diet Dr. Pepper.

Everyone puts different weight on different parts of the gameday stadium experience.

As for looking at the positives. That's just code for "ignore the negatives". Same as any other Hogville thread.

I didn't start having kids until I was promoted to Sergeant First Class. (Grandma always said not to have kids until you can afford them).

factchecker

Do you think a poll on Hogville where anyone can vote, despite the majority not attending games, is a valid way to gauge fan satisfaction?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: factchecker on October 02, 2017, 09:00:16 pm
Do you think a poll on Hogville where anyone can vote, despite the majority not attending games, is a valid way to gauge fan satisfaction?

Hence the Frito Pie selection.

Come on man.

factchecker

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 02, 2017, 09:01:35 pm
Hence the Frito Pie selection.

Come on man.

So you trust hogville to vote honestly.

You truly believe that fans are going to say I can't answer this question honestly..... I can not tell a lie - I will vote Frito Pie.  Really.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: factchecker on October 02, 2017, 09:04:16 pm
So you trust hogville to vote honestly.

You truly believe that fans are going to say I can't answer this question honestly..... I can not tell a lie - I will vote Frito Pie.  Really.

I'd pay attention to the comments and not the poll.

Especially this one.

WilsonHog

Lines in the SIC were short, the smoked sausage was hot and on a good bun, beer was cold, and they had coffee. A+.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 02, 2017, 09:06:12 pm
Lines in the SIC were short, the smoked sausage was hot and on a good bun, beer was cold, and they had coffee. A+.

What section so we can quantify?

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 02, 2017, 09:06:12 pm

Can't argue with that...
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

31to6

How was your experience?
I like diet dr. Pepper.

Vending was still a darn show. Credit card readers failed at multiple locations.

They put too much sugar on my kid's funnel cake. It got all over everyone in the area. Fire Jeff Long.

The OTR

How was your experience?

I have read and reread this post.  This seems like the most milquetoast post and thread I've seen especialy when compared to some we have seen this season.  I am not sure why there is so much huffiness over hot dogs and nachos and Dr. Pepper, diet or otherwise.  Seems Ike everyone is simmering and just about ready to explode here and it's hard for me to believe there is this much disquietude over stadium food. 

Twist seems to bring out the worst in authority figures for some reason.  Twist isn't a bad guy...just always in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Like choosing the wrong concession line at the stadium.

I continue to be fascinated by the interaction among members here.  Seems like a lot of hard feelings all around in this thread.  My hope is to spread good cheer among you and maybe mentor a few of you into becoming responsible members. 

31to6

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 02, 2017, 10:09:51 pm
I have read and reread this post.  This seems like the most milquetoast post and thread I've seen especialy when compared to some we have seen this season.  I am not sure why there is so much huffiness over hot dogs and nachos and Dr. Pepper, diet or otherwise.  Seems Ike everyone is simmering and just about ready to explode here and it's hard for me to believe there is this much disquietude over stadium food. 

Twist seems to bring out the worst in authority figures for some reason.  Twist isn't a bad guy...just always in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Like choosing the wrong concession line at the stadium.

I continue to be fascinated by the interaction among members here.  Seems like a lot of hard feelings all around in this thread.  My hope is to spread good cheer among you and maybe mentor a few of you into becoming responsible members. 
You would think that with CBB and CKA on staff concessions would not be a problem.

Fire everyone!

(The concessions were better, but still bad.)

Boardon Hamsay

October 02, 2017, 10:46:50 pm #43 Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 07:01:05 am by Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head

Well said. Seems like some of the folks here need some mentoring as it relates to 1) the general stadium bailiwick and 2) the vast varieties of pabulum available in the average stadium concourse setting. Muskogee and Hog Pharm seem to be a bit soured on stadium sustenance. I'd like to recommend each of you chaps take a place under the watchful wing of Pillowhead. Clearly some of the potential anxieties towards our stadium food selections and service nuances could be smoothed over with a little education and etiquette from one of Hogville's finest purveyors of the stadium culinary scene. From there, this thread could probably regain momentum and get back on topic the way it was intended before all the hullabalooing started.

Arky

tl:dr

Arky

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 02, 2017, 07:46:26 pm
Just as an aside, if Mr. Sam walked into one of his stores on a surprise visit (which he was known to do) and found that Moon Pies weren't displayed at a check out as an "impulse buy", he might take the Store Manager out. Big profit margin and popular seller.
he did the same with bananas......profit