Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sark Leaving Bama

Started by Dwight_K_Shrute, February 07, 2017, 10:36:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwight_K_Shrute

Seeing this break on Twitter.
[tweet]829004051668951040[/tweet]
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Although I'm sure Saban would find a decent replacement I think it's all kinds of awesome.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

RazorPiggie

hog of steele

While it would hurt to lose Enos, I think we could work out a trade deal. Enos for Bama's last two defensive recruiting classes.

DeltaBoy

Well let's see how this plays out.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

RazorPiggie

PorkRinds

Doesn't say much for his loyalty. Saban gave him a shot after he torched his career.  Unless Saban is good with it I'd say it's a bad move.

King Kong

hog of steele

Quote from: RazorPiggie on February 07, 2017, 10:52:56 am
Chip Kelley?

May be a bridge to far for Saban. Kiffin and Sark played fast but basically pro style. And even with that Saban slowed them down from time to time. Kelley doesn't really have a low speed, slow and steady offense.

King Kong

Quote from: hog of steele on February 07, 2017, 10:44:07 am
While it would hurt to lose Enos, I think we could work out a trade deal. Enos for Bama's last two defensive recruiting classes.

Done and I love Dan

factchecker

Mike Locksley was promoted to Co-OC/wide receiver coach prior to Sark leaving.  Maybe Locksley takes over as OC and they hire a QB coach.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: factchecker on February 07, 2017, 10:58:28 am
Mike Locksley was promoted to Co-OC/wide receiver coach prior to Sark leaving.  Maybe Locksley takes over as OC and they hire a QB coach.

Doubtful, it's not like Locksley was part of successful programs then went to be a HC and although a good coordinator failed as an HC.  Has no name whatsoever.  Wasn't just a bad HC, but a miserable HC, and has been an OC at medicore programs.

The only way I could see him getting it is if Saban handed him an index card and said these are the 5 plays I want you to run and he said OK. 

tolerati

"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

rljjr

Wheels falling off in Tuscaloosa. Saban on his way out. Impossible to work for. Alumni not happy. Players enraged.

Sure, none of this is true, but it's a good rumor to start.

lilRockNDubb

Quote from: hog of steele on February 07, 2017, 10:54:40 am
May be a bridge to far for Saban. Kiffin and Sark played fast but basically pro style. And even with that Saban slowed them down from time to time. Kelley doesn't really have a low speed, slow and steady offense.

Saban said it himself before the playoffs the offense plays better when they're running uptempo

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 07, 2017, 10:54:08 am
Doesn't say much for his loyalty. Saban gave him a shot after he torched his career.  Unless Saban is good with it I'd say it's a bad move.

I agree with this. Not that I am going to feel bad for Alabama.
Go Hogs Go!

hog of steele

Quote from: lilRockNDubb on February 07, 2017, 11:56:29 am
Saban said it himself before the playoffs the offense plays better when they're running uptempo

Sure. But do you think he is ready for that much tempo? I think he would flip his lid when his offense gave up the ball in under 25 seconds. I could be wrong. I am a chip Kelley fan. I think LSU should have hired him.

Corkscrew Johnson

I'm sure Saban will find another Mickey Rourke to replace him. 

lilRockNDubb

Quote from: hog of steele on February 07, 2017, 12:01:16 pm
Sure. But do you think he is ready for that much tempo? I think he would flip his lid when his offense gave up the ball in under 25 seconds. I could be wrong. I am a chip Kelley fan. I think LSU should have hired him.

After Chip's 1st year in the NFL he slowed his offense down. And I'm sure after a few "arguments" with Saban he'd slow it down some more.

Hogs958

Saban must be a pain in the ass boss.

hobhog

I think just about anyone could call the plays at Bama. Run left. Run right. Play action. Touchdown.

lutherheggs

Quote from: Hogs958 on February 07, 2017, 01:03:18 pm
What's happening? How's it going, Peter? Ah, I'm gonna need to go ahead and have you come in on Saturday around 9. If you would, that would be great. Ummm k?

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hogs958 on February 07, 2017, 01:03:18 pm

John Thompson probably agrees.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

elksnort

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 07, 2017, 10:59:57 am
Please god, no...
Don't you think that Kelley's offensive would hurt Bama's defense?  I do.

ricepig

Quote from: elksnort on February 07, 2017, 01:35:42 pm
Don't you think that Kelley's offensive would hurt Bama's defense?  I do.

Nah, probably just give them more opportunities to score more TD's.........

FraggleHog

Calling the Hogs from DFW

longpig

Hittin the sauce  probably isn't frowned upon in the NFL like it is in college ball. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

younghog

GO HOGS

SamBuckhart

Ominous clouds forming in Alabama.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

LRHawg

Quote from: FraggleHog on February 07, 2017, 01:42:40 pm

I also wouldn't put it past some pundit to pull something out of their ass to fill their Twitter feed either.

hogcard1964

Quote from: FraggleHog on February 07, 2017, 01:42:40 pm

Completely illegal, but I wouldn't be surprised if our genius A.D. voided that portion of his contract in order for him to "pursue his career."

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on February 07, 2017, 10:37:39 am
Although I'm sure Saban would find a decent replacement I think it's all kinds of awesome.

Just to know that Saban has to divert his attention--even if only for a few hours--away from his new 5-star offspring...that is satisfying.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

SemperHawg

Saban will probably throw a mil a year at Chip just to slap a non compete on him and  keep him from showing up in Baton Rouge after Da Cooooch O tanks this year with the Tigahheauxs.

HoggieStyle

Hog N Bama

I guess wearing a straight jacket is as frustrating as everyone says eh?

PorkSoda

Saban must have the golden touch.  Sark coaches one game and loses and gets an NFL job.

of course the NFL is kind of a step down from the SEC...
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Razorbackers

The guy was 0-1 as OC. Long past time for him to go imo.

HardCore

Chip Kelley?

Wouldn't shock me.  They actually go all out to win
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

ChicoHog

Chip Kelley?
That would be great.  His ego would not allow Saban to tell him what to do and he would explode and cause a real problem in Tuscaloosa. 

root_hawg

Sed76

Can't imagine a guy with a drinking problem was going to last very long getting screamed and cursed out on a weekly basis on national television while their team is up 21-28 points. Takes a special kimd of guy to sign up for that.