Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some KY fans not happy with Monk right now

Started by forrest city joe, February 06, 2017, 11:49:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LRHawg

Love it. You let Cal set your program up as a dirty feeder school to the NBA, taking advantage of the 1 and done rule, now you get to deal with the consequences. While this blueprint(no pun intended) has kept KY relevant, they've only won one NC using it. In fact, their best years were when some of their one and dones ended up not being so great and became sophomores, juniors and seniors.

The_Iceman

Quote from: LRHawg on February 06, 2017, 11:58:36 am
Love it. You let Cal set your program up as a dirty feeder school to the NBA, taking advantage of the 1 and done rule, now you get to deal with the consequences. While this blueprint(no pun intended) has kept KY relevant, they've only won one NC using it.

Their consequences:

- One NCAA National Championship
-  One NCAA National Championship Runner-Up
- Two Final Fours
- One Elite 8

Remind me what Mike has done the last five seasons?

onebadrubi

He's an 18 year old kid that has become the face of any kentucky commercial on ESPN for upcoming games, in the talk for best player of the year and all of that jazz.  The kid is living on cloud nine there and no one to check his ego.

PonderinHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 06, 2017, 12:07:19 pm
Their consequences:

- Two Final Fours
- One Elite 8

This thread is NOT about Mike Anderson!   >:(

;D

clutch

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 06, 2017, 12:07:59 pm
He's an 18 year old kid that has become the face of any kentucky commercial on ESPN for upcoming games, in the talk for best player of the year and all of that jazz.  The kid is living on cloud nine there and no one to check his ego.

He was laughing because the crowd was singing Happy Birthday to him. Probably pretty strange when an opposing crowd is doing that.

bkjbearcat

Their consequences:

- Two Final Fours
- One Elite 8

I think KY fans are finding out Cal and his system are a double edge sword. One side the success you bought up. Then on the other side, when they go against teams with just as much talent as them, Kansas, Cal gets schooled X's and O's wise. As Bill Self did him them two straight years.

Recruits go to KY to do their one year of college then it's off to the NBA. Most don't care of the program, tradition and fans. Wildcat fans are starting to find that out.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Atlhogfan1

After his heroics in the UGa game, 37 pts in 44 minutes w/ a game tying 3 to send the game into OT, I'd probably be a little forgiving. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

clutch

Quote from: bkjbearcat on February 06, 2017, 12:12:18 pm
I think KY fans are finding out Cal and his system are a double edge sword. One side the success you bought up. Then on the other side, when they go against teams with just as much talent as them, Kansas, Cal gets schooled X's and O's wise. As Bill Self did him them two straight years.

Recruits go to KY to do their one year of college then it's off to the NBA. Most don't care of the program, tradition and fans. Wildcat fans are starting to find that out.

I'm not sure it's as much Cal's X's and O's as it is the fact that he's just always coaching extremely young teams. It's harder to adjust for young guys, no matter how talented they are. They don't have the familiarity with their coach and other players that a 3-4 year starter would. So Cal has to sacrifice some strategy for talent. I like seeing well coached teams. Teams that make adjustments and do fundamental things correctly, However, I'd kill for those results listed, so I can't really argue with the philosophy.

rude1

Does this sound familiar,  coming from the KY board?
"Way too much dribbling, standing around, forced shots, no flow on offense. Things need to change and now."

PonderinHog

Quote from: bkjbearcat on February 06, 2017, 12:12:18 pm

College ???

Dominicanhog

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 06, 2017, 12:09:00 pm

;D

he total existence is about slamming Mike.. he's a Johnny one note...

maxhog5

;D

Yes it is.  It is designed by MA's biggest fanboy to deflect attention from his failure to land the SEC's leading scorer otherwise it would have been posted in the SEC forum instead of Jump Ball.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

UK fans remind us all that "fan" is short for fanatic. More like lunatic in their case though lol

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Peter Porker

Hey Joe, did you mean this:

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 05, 2017, 07:52:42 pm
Anderson will get the job done if some of you people would shut the hell up about firing him after every freaking loss.recruits and their parents read this and other boards. and they sure don't want to see this crap. i hope Jeff Long says no to firing Mike.i hope he stands strong and will keep Mike.

when you wrote this:

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 16, 2017, 07:37:54 pm
Coach B better start winning.i like the guy but the football program seems to be in trouble. i was hoping he would fire everyone on defense. looks like that's not going to happen.as for basketball.Mike has this program on the upswing.the recruiting classes he has lined up are outstanding.the program is in good hands.

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 19, 2009, 09:44:08 pm
I wanted Pel fired after last year if you remember. now that he is back i hope it works out and the guy can turn this thing around. (i have no hope he will) but i hope he does. im not saying fire the guy right now or 2 weeks from now. i know he is here until the end of the season. im calling out those who are posting even if he does not win this year, lets give him another year. i say NO NO and HELL NO! did i make myself clear?
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

HoopS

These one and dones don't sign because they love the school or its fans. It's about trying to set up for the next step. He was laughing because he doesn't bleed that blue. It's what Kentucky sold their soul for. Live with it.

onebadrubi

Kentuckyfans mad they may not make the final four and appears they have a few holes bin the team to get passed sweet 16.

Arkansas fans mad that under Anderson we are looking at a play in game at best for 2 out of 6 years

MountieDawg

Kentucky has played bad its last 5 games and weaknesses have been shown...

Saying former Kentucky Players don't care about UK is stupid... Most of the players are back a lot when they have free time, they root for each other in the NBA and mentor the current players.  The kiss of death for UK seems to be getting Arkansas kids.  Calls probable 2 worst years at UK will be with Arkansas freshman.  Don't think it's Monks fault, it's also their 2 weakest talent years... Briscoe hustles like crazy but stupid turnovers and shooting about 20 percent in the lane is deadly.
SEC!

hogsanity

;D

then it should be in sec sports or general sports. We know why it is here, trying to prop up the has been/never really was Mike Anderson
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogwood

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on February 06, 2017, 12:47:49 pm
UK fans remind us all that "fan" is short for fanatic. More like lunatic in their case though lol

Sheeeit let them fire him. Maybe we could get him. Or just have him as a recruiter. Lol.

PonderinHog

Quote from: MountieDawg on February 06, 2017, 01:25:11 pm
Kentucky has played bad its last 5 games and weaknesses have been shown...

Saying former Kentucky Players don't care about UK is stupid... Most of the players are back a lot when they have free time, they root for each other in the NBA and mentor the current players.  The kiss of death for UK seems to be getting Arkansas kids.  Calls probable 2 worst years at UK will be with Arkansas freshman.  Don't think it's Monks fault, it's also their 2 weakest talent years... Briscoe hustles like crazy but stupid turnovers and shooting about 20 percent in the lane is deadly.
We are fully aware of what shooting 20% in the lane will do to a team.

Hoggish1

Hoggish1

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 06, 2017, 11:49:13 am
Enjoy.  https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/threads/anyone-else-see-monk-after-the-game.225313/

Good for Monk.  If he's going to trash us, might as well trash them, too... LMAO
Their consequences:

- Two Final Fours
- One Elite 8

Mike is not at KY, but I sort of get your point. LOL

Hoggish1

Enjoy.  https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/threads/anyone-else-see-monk-after-the-game.225313/

Good for Monk.  If he's going to trash us, might as well trash them, too... LMAO
Their consequences:

- Two Final Fours
- One Elite 8

Mike is not at KY, but I sort of get your point. LOL
Quote from: clutch on February 06, 2017, 12:18:50 pm
I'm not sure it's as much Cal's X's and O's as it is the fact that he's just always coaching extremely young teams. It's harder to adjust for young guys, no matter how talented they are. They don't have the familiarity with their coach and other players that a 3-4 year starter would.

Well, let's all shed a tear for Cal...  Whaa, we're SO young, Whaaa...  Poor Cal, he can't coach them the way he wants Whaaaaa...

I can tell you this:  KY fans want to get to know their players and they can't do that anymore.

The shine is off his patent leather shoes for many of them.  They would kill to have Bill Self, but then so would we ans everyone else for that matter...

donbro

Their consequences:

- Two Final Fours
- One Elite 8

And after he do please remind us of your accomplishments in the last five years

onebadrubi

Quote from: donbro on February 06, 2017, 03:28:48 pm

What are your accomplishments to equally evaluate, albeit positive or negative? 

Let's be honest, NOT A SINGLE ONE OF YOU would have accepted 1 tourney visit in Andersons first 6 years. We would have taken a pass on him

PonderinHog

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on February 06, 2017, 03:36:31 pm
One of the comments was pretty spot on though. "Our tradition has gone from winning championships to putting freshmen in the NBA." That's how most people look at UK nowadays.
Sowage leads to reapage.

The_Iceman

Quote from: donbro on February 06, 2017, 03:28:48 pm

I'll send them to you in a PM if you really want to know.

MountieDawg

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on February 06, 2017, 03:36:31 pm
One of the comments was pretty spot on though. "Our tradition has gone from winning championships to putting freshmen in the NBA." That's how most people look at UK nowadays.

Fans are pissed Rupp arena is half empty, Big Blue Madness is cancelled by Kentucky due to lack of interest and their fans are not travelling to fill up every away game in the SEC and S Carolina will have the most fans at the SEC tournament this year... When the season is over and all the seniors and players that declare for the draft will not travel to 20 towns with thousands of fans in line willing to pay for autographs.... Ooops, I think that was all wrong....

However, they are unhappy with how the team has played recently and the chemistry is not where it should be this time of year.  Some of the fans are ignorant like most fan bases and they want 5 Kentucky white boys in the starting line up and redshirt their freshman year and play 4 years after that.  Some also dont like cell phones and miss the party lines when the pick up their landlines.
SEC!

PonderinHog

Quote from: MountieDawg on February 06, 2017, 05:25:54 pm
Fans are pissed Rupp arena is half empty, Big Blue Madness is cancelled by Kentucky due to lack of interest and their fans are not travelling to fill up every away game in the SEC and S Carolina will have the most fans at the SEC tournament this year... When the season is over and all the seniors and players that declare for the draft will not travel to 20 towns with thousands of fans in line willing to pay for autographs.... Ooops, I think that was all wrong....

However, they are unhappy with how the team has played recently and the chemistry is not where it should be this time of year.  Some of the fans are ignorant like most fan bases and they want 5 Kentucky white boys in the starting line up and redshirt their freshman year and play 4 years after that.  Some also dont like cell phones and miss the party lines when the pick up their landlines.

lynbug

Sounds like Cal's house of cards....glass house....whatever you want to call it....is finally coming under scrutiny by some KY fans.  The funny part is that Monk is fueling the flame.

lutherheggs

And some guys are unhappy being married the Christie Brinkley.

lynbug

Quote from: lutherheggs on February 06, 2017, 06:37:25 pm
And some guys are unhappy being married the Christie Brinkley.
Point taken.  You would like for us to have Ky's problem, right

HogBreath

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 06, 2017, 03:32:25 pm
What are your accomplishments to equally evaluate, albeit positive or negative? 

Let's be honest, NOT A SINGLE ONE OF YOU would have accepted 1 tourney visit in Andersons first 6 years. We would have taken a pass on him
Pass on the fast 40?  No way!  That's the great thing about it..we don't have to win games to be good with CMA leading the charge.  Just like when Kentucky beat us earlier by 26, it was a dang good loss!
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

sigpooie

the theory of cheatapari. article 9 . Leave when time comes and tell all (we hope)
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

hobhog

What did they think he meant when he said "it was a business decision"?!

UK is delusional. Do they not know they are perceived as a semi pro farm club?

One of our sophomores has spent more time in the classroom than UKs whole team combined.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: rude1 on February 06, 2017, 12:23:07 pm
Does this sound familiar,  coming from the KY board?
"Way too much dribbling, standing around, forced shots, no flow on offense. Things need to change and now."

LOL, good point.  However, the talent level of the guys doing the dribbling and forcing the shots up in Lexington is just a little bit higher than those players wearing red and white.  Cal, as much as I despise him, will most likely get them ready to make a run right about March after they win the Kentucky Invitational errrrrr I mean the SEC Tournament.  The fact that FLA blew out KY only means that if they meet again in the KY Invitational, Big Blue will return the favor on their way to like their 190th SEC tourney championship.  LOL.  Just something about that talent that World Wide Wes acquires for Cal.  Its usually makes up for quite a lot of coaching deficiencies.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 06, 2017, 01:46:23 pm
We are fully aware of what shooting 20% in the lane will do to a team.
ZING!! good one Ponderin. We certainly do know that very well

PonderinHog

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on February 06, 2017, 09:40:52 pm
ZING!! good one Ponderin. We certainly do know that very well
I liked this one too, Boss.

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on February 06, 2017, 09:09:15 pm
LOL, good point.  However, the talent level of the guys doing the dribbling and forcing the shots up in Lexington is just a little bit higher than those players wearing red and white.  Cal, as much as I despise him, will most likely get them ready to make a run right about March after they win the Kentucky Invitational errrrrr I mean the SEC Tournament.  The fact that FLA blew out KY only means that if they meet again in the KY Invitational, Big Blue will return the favor on their way to like their 190th SEC tourney championship.  LOL.  Just something about that talent that World Wide Wes acquires for Cal.  Its usually makes up for quite a lot of coaching deficiencies.

NATEHOGG216

Wow. Go back to a Kentucky board.
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

hobhog

Strange post. And disturbing.....

Sivad

Well, they still have that "nasty woman" Ashley Judd.

Hogsolo

Quote from: LRHawg on February 06, 2017, 11:58:36 am
Love it. You let Cal set your program up as a dirty feeder school to the NBA, taking advantage of the 1 and done rule, now you get to deal with the consequences. While this blueprint(no pun intended) has kept KY relevant, they've only won one NC using it. In fact, their best years were when some of their one and dones ended up not being so great and became sophomores, juniors and seniors.

Yessir!  I love the God like reverence you are supposed to have for the program.   

hamsam

Atta boy Joe! Great effort in trying to deflect YOUR coach's embarrassing failures... However, this season has just reinforced the Monk's decision.
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008