Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss Bottom of the League

Started by Hawgphish, February 01, 2017, 08:10:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgphish

We always thought OM was recruiting dirty.  Now we know.  They go from having several years in the top to now dead last.  Freeze is dirty.  Now when a watchful eye is on him, cannot recruit. 

Hoggish1

Quote from: Hawgphish on February 01, 2017, 08:10:15 pm
We always thought OM was recruiting dirty.  Now we know.  They go from having several years in the top to now dead last.  Freeze is dirty.  Now when a watchful eye is on him, cannot recruit. 

It could be where Col. Reb belong?

sickboy

Yeah. I mean, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what's going on at Ole Miss. I'm sure it's just a big coincidence that they took a nose dive in recruiting this year.

GoHogzzGo

Wow doesn't get much clearer then that. The moment sanctions hit they stopped whatever it was they were cheating with. Cash I assume. What a drop, must be one of the largest ever with no coaching change.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

Tusks

They still got the #1 player out of Mizzou so they must have used PayPal.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

grayhawg

Poor rebel black bears, I feel so sorry for them. :)

LOL!

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

PorkRinds

As glad as I am to see ole miss get the hammer, the recruiting drop offnisnt exactly proof. One could easily argue the recruiting drop off is becuase of NCAA issues and kids are just hesitant to go there.

Calling All Hogs

Ole Miss tried to upset the natural order of things but the universe did a course correction and comes back with a vengeance!

Sho Nuff

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 01, 2017, 09:33:11 pm
As glad as I am to see ole miss get the hammer, the recruiting drop offnisnt exactly proof. One could easily argue the recruiting drop off is becuase of NCAA issues and kids are just hesitant to go there.
The NCAA issues are indeed the reason.  The reason the NCAA issues are there was the cheating in recruiting.  I feel like you contradicted yourself with your own post.

ChicoHog

They still finished #30 according to ESPN and ahead of Vandy and Mizzou.  Still love the fact that they are way down the rankings.  Couldn't happen to a better group of fans! Well, maybe Auburn or A&M. 

jkstock04

Quote from: Sho Nuff on February 01, 2017, 10:11:19 pm
The NCAA issues are indeed the reason.  The reason the NCAA issues are there was the cheating in recruiting.  I feel like you contradicted yourself with your own post.
Not necessarily. I remember back in mid 2000's we had the "NCAA cloud" hanging over us and it cost us dearly in recruiting (supposedly). If we had a cloud Ole Miss has more like a hurricane.

If our little "cloud" had that much negative effect I can only imagine how bad what Ole Miss has going on is going to hurt them. That's easily the #1 recruiting tactic against them...the strong narrative is that the NCAA is going to hammer them with no bowl/postseason play for years and years to come and most believe it's 100% this will happen.

Be interesting to see how that plays out with them.  My bet is they get a tiny slap on the wrist if anything.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Sivad

I'll suspect the NCAA binders on this are overflowing.

NotSoFastMyFriend

We've all colored outside the lines. When we were 3.

Beavthompson

Freeze said this class is a penalty due to the ncaa. How happy his recruits must be to know they weren't really 1st choice.
Say no to drunk posts! Unless its a great idea!

870hogfan

Quote from: Surfing8 on February 01, 2017, 10:43:44 pm
It's kind of pathetic to take pleasure in their sudden recruiting struggles... hell, at least they TRIED to play the game the top tier teams are playing.

It's their own damn fault they're not very good at it, and fumbled away any semblance of propriety, but I can't fault them for trying to compete.

Until we're pulling in mid-SEC classes every once in awhile it's like Dumb calling someone Dumber.

Still couldn't beat Arkansas with those big time recruits....

Spektre

Hate to play the negative card here, but we only managed a couple spots ahead of them with their notorious NCAA investigation going. That's honestly just hard to fathom.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Cementhog

Quote from: tusked on February 01, 2017, 09:27:58 pm
They still got the #1 player out of Mizzou so they must have used PayPal.

#1 out of Mizzou......kind of like being the smartest kid on the short bus
Little Lebowski Urban Achiever Class of 86

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: Surfing8 on February 01, 2017, 10:43:44 pm
It's kind of pathetic to take pleasure in their sudden recruiting struggles... hell, at least they TRIED to play the game the top tier teams are playing.

It's their own damn fault they're not very good at it, and fumbled away any semblance of propriety, but I can't fault them for trying to compete.

Until we're pulling in mid-SEC classes every once in awhile it's like Dumb calling someone Dumber.
So I guess beating them on the field hasn't been good enough for you?

DeltaBoy

Hugh pulled a Houston Nutt drill He said it was Cloud over Ole Myth that why the class as so bad.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ChicoHog

Quote from: Surfing8 on February 02, 2017, 12:32:33 pm
Beating them on the field has been great.  No one's accusing Ole Miss of having good coaching.

Once more -

Ole Miss tried to play the recruiting game the same way the top-tier peers are playing it in our conference.

Ole Miss clearly isn't very good at keeping those efforts under wraps.  They're in Mississippi after all. 

With all of the drama surrounding their recruiting, Ole Miss still put together a respectable class (if we consider ours respectable).

It looks a bit pathetic to me to rag on a program that at least TRIED to climb up a notch in the world.  Kind of like 'we know our place... why don't you know yours?'.
You make no sense.  What do you mean playing game top tier teams are playing?   Mississippi is only one at this point in time doing it the cheating way (or at least was when Tunsil and others were recruited).  No evidence of anyone else doing that in the SEC since Auburn and the Scam Newton investigation.  And we don't want to play that way. 

Sivad

Bkhardicars

The sad thing is we're only a few spots ahead of them in the final recruiting records in spite of their dark cloud hanging over them.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Cementhog on February 02, 2017, 05:11:51 am

#1 out of Mizzou......kind of like being the smartest kid on the short bus

Or the prettiest girl at MIT.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 06, 2017, 08:41:00 pm
Or the prettiest girl at MIT.

I bet there are a few hot Asians/Japanese there, got to be