Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We have a roster full of 2 and 3 star guys

Started by twistitup, February 09, 2018, 08:47:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

I heard this side of the argument on the radio yesterday and it makes a lot of sense. We have recruited in the top 25 (average) the last 5 years - we have a roster full of these guys at the moment - we have a chance to be good if we can develop these players.

I read another thread where it said 2 star guys make it to the NFL and ALL SEC at a higher rate than 3 star guys...following this logic, if Coach Morris can develop the talent that is CURRENTLY on the roster that we have a chance to be competitive quicker than some believe. We HAVE had solid recruiting over the last 5 years - why would there NOT be talent on the roster? Did we miss on recruits that much under CBB?

It's all about player development in my opinion. We will see how good this staff is at player development.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

steveaustin69

Top 25 doesn't mean a whole lot when you're 8-11th in your conference most years.

hogsanity

Quote from: twistitup on February 09, 2018, 08:47:19 am
I heard this side of the argument on the radio yesterday and it makes a lot of sense. We have recruited in the top 25 (average) the last 5 years - we have a roster full of these guys at the moment - we have a chance to be good if we can develop these players.

I read another thread where it said 2 star guys make it to the NFL and ALL SEC at a higher rate than 3 star guys...following this logic, if Coach Morris can develop the talent that is CURRENTLY on the roster that we have a chance to be competitive quicker than some believe. We HAVE had solid recruiting over the last 5 years - why would there NOT be talent on the roster? Did we miss on recruits that much under CBB?

It's all about player development in my opinion. We will see how good this staff is at player development.

The issue is, and since there is really no other way to quantify it we have to use stars, well over half the sec recruits better than do the Hogs. This year, 27th in the nation was either 9th or 10th in the sec. When your opponents CONSISTENTLY get better players, they are going to beat you more often than not.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 09, 2018, 08:49:12 am
Top 25 doesn't mean a whole lot when you're 8-11th in your conference most years.
Most of it (recruiting publications etc...) only serve as psychological cocaine for those who can't shut it off during the off season (you and me)... The other side of the coin is political. I can't prove it, but I'm certainly convinced that the money involved in the publication of this crap, and the writers personal college allegiances, cause the providers of said slop to cater to the needs of coaches and artificially inflate already subjective ratings that are purely conjecture other than measurables.
I also think recruiting rankings are used by coaches to help influence a kid on where to go, and thusly creates a relationship between publishers and coaches. These relationships then lead to more murking of the waters in an already subjective art that is pawned off as science.  It's all bull darn; Stars, rankings and everything else. The recruiting rankings are just like the top 25 polls. You see an educated guess on next years performance based off of recent history and psychic trickeration. Every year someone over-performs and someone else under performs.
I guess the point I'm trying to make is this, if CCM earns enough respect points by winning, the building of our program will be rapid. HDN I believe was a victim of his own goofiness. CCM may very well be the Anti Nutt.

Warning: Do not even try to convince me of the recruiting rankings B.S. I am the original "Stars don't matter guy", and have never lost this argument.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hawgon

There is not a lot of difference between the 10th ranked class and the 25th ranked class in the country in most years.  And that is where coaching definitely comes into play.

hogsanity

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 09, 2018, 09:45:58 am
Most of it (recruiting publications etc...) only serve as psychological cocaine for those who can't shut it off during the off season (you and me)... The other side of the coin is political. I can't prove it, but I'm certainly convinced that the money involved in the publication of this crap, and the writers personal college allegiances, cause the providers of said slop to cater to the needs of coaches and artificially inflate already subjective ratings that are purely conjecture other than measurables.
I also think recruiting rankings are used by coaches to help influence a kid on where to go, and thusly creates a relationship between publishers and coaches. These relationships then lead to more murking of the waters in an already subjective art that is pawned off as science.  It's all bull darn; Stars, rankings and everything else. The recruiting rankings are just like the top 25 polls. You see an educated guess on next years performance based off of recent history and psychic trickeration. Every year someone over-performs and someone else under performs.
I guess the point I'm trying to make is this, if CCM earns enough respect points by winning, the building of our program will be rapid. HDN I believe was a victim of his own goofiness. CCM may very well be the Anti Nutt.

Warning: Do not even try to convince me of the recruiting rankings B.S. I am the original "Stars don't matter guy", and have never lost this argument.

Yea cause the teams playing for titles in the p5 leagues or in the college fb playoffs are usually teams that do not rank highly in recruiting.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

factchecker

QuoteWe have a roster full of 2 and 3 star guys

Actually we don't.

The bulk of our roster are 3 stars but we have less 2 star (scholarship players) than 4 stars.

Our roster last season was ranked #22 despite never playing anywhere near that level.

https://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite

Here is the roster breakdown from last season:

https://247sports.com/Team/Arkansas-166/Roster

You can sort by rating and then count which players graduated or left to see how much talent we currently have on our roster.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

From what I could see these are the 4 stars or higher (one 5 star) that are on our roster:

McTelvin Agim (5 star)
Brian Wallace
Devwah Whaley
Chevin Calloway
Hjalte Froholdt
Montaric Brown
Cheyenne O'Grady
Will Gragg
Jamario Bell
Austin Capps
T.J. Hammonds
Jalen Merrick
Ty Storey
Brandon Martin
Jeremy Patton
Briston Guidry
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hogsanity

Quote from: factchecker on February 09, 2018, 10:26:46 am
From what I could see these are the 4 stars or higher (one 5 star) that are on our roster:

McTelvin Agim (5 star)
Brian Wallace
Devwah Whaley
Chevin Calloway
Hjalte Froholdt
Montaric Brown
Cheyenne O'Grady
Will Gragg
Jamario Bell
Austin Capps
T.J. Hammonds
Jalen Merrick
Ty Storey
Brandon Martin
Jeremy Patton
Briston Guidry

16 out of 85 ( assuming they have the max on scholarship )

Of those 3 are TE'S, 3 or 4 are OL. 1 will be a rs jr QB that has taken a handful of snaps the last 2 years.

The poster remains correct, it is a roster made up of  2 and 3 star players. 

factchecker

Here are the 3 stars:

Chase Hayden
Daulton Hyatt
Koilan Jackson
Jordan Jones
Austin Cantrell
Colton Jackson
La'Michael Pettway
Kamren Curl
Nate Dalton
Dalton Wagner
Maleek Barkley
Jonathan Marshall
Kofi Boateng
Jarrod Barnes
Alexy Jean-Baptiste
De'Jon Harris
Deon Stewart
Armon Watts
Kirby Adcock
Kyrei Fisher
Dre Greenlaw
Shane Clenin
Maleek Williams
Giovanni LaFrance
Jarques McClellion
Deon Edwards
Cole Kelley
Santos Ramirez
De'Vion Warren
Michael Taylor II
Derrick Munson
David Porter
Jared Cornelius
Jack Kraus
Jordon Curtis
Kendrick Jackson
Hayden Johnson
Jake Hall
Korey Hernandez
Britto Tutt
Josh Liddell
Deion Malone
Josh Paul
Ryan Pulley
Grayson Gunter
De'Shawn Gulledge (walk-on)
Dee Walker
Jonathan Nance
Dylan Hays
Randy Ramsey
Carson Proctor (walk-on)
Tyler Phillips (walk-on)
Blake Johnson
Micahh Smith
Byron Keaton (walk-on)
Grant Morgan (walk-on)
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: hogsanity on February 09, 2018, 10:30:40 am

Of those 3 are TE'S, 3 or 4 are OL. 1 will be a rs jr QB that has taken a handful of snaps the last 2 years.

List the 2 stars then.

How many of them are there compared to our 4 stars?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

redeye

I think we have more 4 star players than 2 star.  We have good talent, but just not talent on the level of top SEC teams.  Our classes under Bielema probably averaged higher than Wisconsin's, but Wisconsin plays in the Big Ten and has remained a top-10 team since Bielema left them.

Bubba's Bruisers

CM will improve our W/L record for no other reason than BB was an inept dinasaur.  However, even CM knows he has to measurably improve the talent here to truly complete at a hight level in the SEC with any consistently.

Talent is the life blood of any program.  Coaching is critical too, of course, but talent is priority #1.  Talent is king. 

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

RME

Out of 129 FBS teams, what percentage of them have predominantly 4* and 5* rosters? Maybe 10%, which is 13 teams? Are we really a top 13 program right now?

So what's your suggestion to start landing these 4* and 5* recruits?

Win more, right? But you're one of these guys who seems so hell-bent that teams who aren't top of the recruiting rankings can't win more. So what do we do?

factchecker

I also forgot to add the current incoming players who signed on Wednesday:

4 star additions (according to 247):

Bumper Pool
Connor Noland

3 star additions (according to 247):

Michael Woods
Isaiah Nichols
Myles Mason
Billy Ferrell
Ladarrius Bishop
Joseph Foucha
Courtre Alexander
Nick Fulwider
Noah Gatlin
Rakeem Boyd
Ryan Winkel
Andrew Parker
John Stephen Jones
Silas Robinson
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hogsanity

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 09, 2018, 10:38:10 am

Talent is the life blood of any program.  Coaching is critical too, of course, but talent is priority #1.  Talent is king. 

Someone gets it

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on February 09, 2018, 10:38:29 am
Out of 129 FBS teams, what percentage of them have predominantly 4* and 5* rosters? Maybe 10%, which is 13 teams? Are we really a top 13 program right now?

Win more, right? But you're one of these guys who seems so hell-bent that teams who aren't top of the recruiting rankings can't win more. So what do we do?

Actually win more is not it. Personally, I do not think they will get more of them, unless they are playing Hs ball in state.

The problem is, many teams in the SEC are those that do have a lot more 4 and 5 star players. Talent relative to peers is a big deal.

twistitup

RME

Quote from: hogsanity on February 09, 2018, 10:44:06 am
Someone gets it

Actually win more is not it. Personally, I do not think they will get more of them, unless they are playing Hs ball in state.

The problem is, many teams in the SEC are those that do have a lot more 4 and 5 star players. Talent relative to peers is a big deal.

So I'll ask again --- what do we do?

redeye

Quote from: factchecker on February 09, 2018, 10:41:44 am
I also forgot to add the current incoming players who signed on Wednesday:

4 star additions (according to 247):

Bumper Pool
Connor Noland

3 star additions (according to 247):

Michael Woods
Isaiah Nichols
Myles Mason
Billy Ferrell
Ladarrius Bishop
Joseph Foucha
Courtre Alexander
Nick Fulwider
Noah Gatlin
Rakeem Boyd
Ryan Winkel
Andrew Parker
John Stephen Jones
Silas Robinson

You also missed Heinrich.

Many others were rated 4 stars by one service or another.  I'm surprised Zach Rogers isn't a 4 star there, because I thought he was a 4 star on nearly every service.

Bubba's Bruisers

You're going to an extreme to make your point here.  We are a program made up of 3 stars, with a few 4 and 2 stars sprinkled in...probably more 4's than 2's. 

Now, if most of our 3 stars were Trey Flower's level players, then sure, we'd be competing for SECC's...as you already understand.  But they aren't, just like every other program full of 3 stars like ours aren't either.  And most of those don't have an SEC schedule.  You know well that math and statistics get in the way of the "3 star programs can be coached up to champhionship level" mantra.  Sure, maybe once every 5 years or so, but not with any consistency.  As you know.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

factchecker

Quote from: redeye on February 09, 2018, 10:46:13 am
You also missed Heinrich.

Many others were rated 4 stars by one service or another.  I'm surprised Zach Rogers isn't a 4 star there, because I thought he was a 4 star on nearly every service.

They are both gone.

Heinrich retired due to back problems and Rogers retired to pursue his career.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

redneckfriend

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on February 09, 2018, 10:38:29 am

You can definitely compete, and win, with lower ranked players (meaning fewer 4 and 5 *s), properly coached, but the question is where can you compete. I'm not convinced you can do that in the SEC west where the talent differential is so overwhelming. When you are getting beat by 20-30 points by three or four teams every year at some point despair sets in and the team underperforms in games where they should be competitive. Players need to play with attitude and confidence and believe they can beat anyone, without that edge Alabama linebackers will just destroy you and it becomes a vicious circle.

hogsanity

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on February 09, 2018, 10:44:43 am

What most fans do, or should do, enjoy the games for the sake of the games. I enjoy each game right up to the point where they lose. I do not sit around worrying about what people will think of me based on whether the Hogs win or lose. I see people here posts all the time though about how they dread going to work on Monday after the Hogs lose because of what they will have to hear from a co worker who is a fan of another team. Or how it ruined their whole weekend when the Hogs lost.

As far as what the coaches can do, just keep offering better players, keep trying to sell them on what they can do here, and try to get as many better players as they can.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on February 09, 2018, 10:44:43 am
You've got to be almost flawless in your evaluation of these 3 star guys.  Be sure that they are going to be around your program for 4 or 5 years and develop like crazy along the way. 

RME

Quote from: hogsanity on February 09, 2018, 10:51:36 am
What most fans do, or should do, enjoy the games for the sake of the games. I enjoy each game right up to the point where they lose. I do not sit around worrying about what people will think of me based on whether the Hogs win or lose. I see people here posts all the time though about how they dread going to work on Monday after the Hogs lose because of what they will have to hear from a co worker who is a fan of another team. Or how it ruined their whole weekend when the Hogs lost.

As far as what the coaches can do, just keep offering better players, keep trying to sell them on what they can do here, and try to get as many better players as they can.

Agree with everything you said here, honestly. Could've written that post myself.

Just see you being pretty antagonistic about recruiting quite often, so I had to chirp at you a little  ;) No harm no foul.

factchecker

Quote from: factchecker on February 09, 2018, 10:31:57 am
List the 2 stars then.

How many of them are there compared to our 4 stars?

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Here.... I'll help you out:

These are the 2 stars on our team:

Hayden Henry (blueshirt - scholarship)
Blake Kern (walk-on)
Tyler Hall (walk-on)
Gabe Richardson (scholarship)
Audry Horn (walk-on)
Ty Clary (blueshirt - scholarship)
Tobias Enlow (walk-on)
Tyson Morris (walk-on)

The majority are walk-ons.

We only have two or three players who are unrated that are on scholarship:

T.J. Smith
Johnny Gibson
Connor Limpert (I think he is on scholarship - might not be)

ADD:  It's hard to believe that Gibson was unrated while Raulerson was a 4 star.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: redneckfriend on February 09, 2018, 10:49:10 am
You can definitely compete, and win, with lower ranked players (meaning fewer 4 and 5 *s), properly coached, but the question is where can you compete. I'm not convinced you can do that in the SEC west where the talent differential is so overwhelming. When you are getting beat by 20-30 points by three or four teams every year at some point despair sets in and the team underperforms in games where they should be competitive. Players need to play with attitude and confidence and believe they can beat anyone, without that edge Alabama linebackers will just destroy you and it becomes a vicious circle.

Agree.

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on February 09, 2018, 10:53:17 am
You've got to be almost flawless in your evaluation of these 3 star guys.  Be sure that they are going to be around your program for 4 or 5 years and develop like crazy along the way. 

Yep, and it seems no team has come close to accomplishing this.  Maybe Wisconsin recently.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: hogsanity on February 09, 2018, 10:51:36 am

Yep

NaturalStateReb

Here's the problem with the "coach 'em up" theory.  In this example, Arkansas is coaching up 2 and 3 star players.  If everyone else has 3, 4, or 5 star players, they're starting out ahead of where you're starting out talent-wise.

Also, it assumes that you're out coaching them up while everyone else is standing still.  Everyone else is also out there coaching them up.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

hogsanity

Thought I read somewhere that something like 80% of fbs recruits in football are 3star, so having a roster full of them is not out of the ordinary. The issue is and will continue to be that many in the SEC have a larger # of the 4 and 5 stars, and have them on defense. So when the Hogs 3 & 4 star offensive talent goes up against their 4 and 5 star defense, guess who wins more often than not.

factchecker

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on February 09, 2018, 11:05:57 am
Here's the problem with the "coach 'em up" theory.  In this example, Arkansas is coaching up 2 and 3 star players.  If everyone else has 3, 4, or 5 star players, their starting out ahead of where you're starting out talent-wise.

Also, it assumes that you're out coaching them up while everyone else is standing still.  Everyone else is also out there coaching them up.

All I know is that with one of the worst coaches in Razorback history at the helm - and despite Ole Miss paying players - Arkansas has beaten a much more talented (by star ratings) rebel team 4 years in a row.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: hogsanity on February 09, 2018, 11:06:06 am
Thought I read somewhere that something like 80% of fbs recruits in football are 3star, so having a roster full of them is not out of the ordinary. The issue is and will continue to be that many in the SEC have a larger # of the 4 and 5 stars, and have them on defense. So when the Hogs 3 & 4 star offensive talent goes up against their 4 and 5 star defense, guess who wins more often than not.

It's an excellent point.  The number of 4 and 5 stars are usually limited by the recruiting guys--it gives the illusion of scarcity.  You can't have competition--the thing that drives fan interest in recruiting--without scarcity.  This isn't a scientific process by any stretch.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

factchecker

Quote from: hogsanity on February 09, 2018, 11:06:06 am

I don't think anyone disagrees with that statement.  The problem I had was when people claim that we are "full of 2 and 3 star" guys when we have more 4 stars than 2 stars.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

DeltaBoy

Agree cause on our former staff they got worse not better.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: factchecker on February 09, 2018, 11:07:30 am
All I know is that with one of the worst coaches in Razorback history at the helm - and despite Ole Miss paying players - Arkansas has beaten a much more talented (by star ratings) rebel team 4 years in a row.

All I know is that with one of the best coaches in Razorback history at the helm--Alabama still fed Arkansas into a woodchipper as part of its 10 game series streak.  Why?  Because better players.

hogsanity

Quote from: factchecker on February 09, 2018, 11:08:51 am
I don't think anyone disagrees with that statement.  The problem I had was when people claim that we are "full of 2 and 3 star" guys when we have more 4 stars than 2 stars.

Yes, but saying the roster is " full of 2 star and 3 star guys " is not inaccurate. The vast majority of it is 2 and 3 star players.

RME

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on February 09, 2018, 11:11:46 am
All I know is that with one of the best coaches in Razorback history at the helm--Alabama still fed Arkansas into a woodchipper as part of its 10 game series streak.  Why?  Because better players.

Right. Because the guys coaching at Alabama have nothing to do with it. Not like those recruits play for the greatest college football coach ever or anything. The players just develop themselves and coach themselves.

Way to deflect factchecker's point and bring out Alabama.

factchecker

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on February 09, 2018, 11:11:46 am

I'm sure Hugh bought your team rings for beating Bama but we aren't the only team in the nation that is on a losing streak to the tide.

When is the last SEC championship game your team went to reb?

You'd think with all that talent that Ole Miss bought that you would have least won the west.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: hogsanity on February 09, 2018, 11:13:22 am
Yes, but saying the roster is " full of 2 star and 3 star guys " is not inaccurate. The vast majority of it is 2 and 3 star players.

By that logic saying the roster is full of 3 and 4 star guys is not inaccurate either..... seeing that there are more 4 stars than 2 stars.

Why not just say the truth:  The bulk of our roster are 3 stars.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hogsanity

Quote from: factchecker on February 09, 2018, 11:15:52 am
By that logic saying the roster is full of 3 and 4 star guys is not inaccurate either..... seeing that there are more 4 stars than 2 stars.

Why not just say the truth:  The bulk of our roster are 3 stars.

Ok, fine. However you say it does not change the fact that they still get the 10th or so rated group of players every year in the sec.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

RME

code red

Folks.  We are going to go through growing pains.  Plain and simple.  We won't be 4-8.  But we will be in the bottom half of the West.  The defense will have to learn a new scheme.  The defense will have to play A LOT of minutes.  I hope I am wrong but 7-5 tops.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

elksnort

It's interesting. I think that most of the NFL were 3 stars coming out of HS.

Of course, this could be just because most playing D-1 were 3 stars.

Porknoxville

Quote from: code red on February 09, 2018, 11:22:07 am
Folks.  We are going to go through growing pains.  Plain and simple.  We won't be 4-8.  But we will be in the bottom half of the West.  The defense will have to learn a new scheme.  The defense will have to play A LOT of minutes.  I hope I am wrong but 7-5 tops.
I'm just happy we are going back to a defense the kids are more familiar with. Also getting rid of the worst OL coach ever.
We win win 7 games just on that!

twistitup

Quote from: code red on February 09, 2018, 11:22:07 am

Learn a new scheme? Defense? Hell, we are going back to what we have run for years....true? In complete desperation mode, we change D  (and O) under CBB to have 4LB now we are going back to 3LB

That shouldn't take much adjustment....

We have athletes....but some of coaches were too busy eating and drinking to develop our athletes....just a guess by the massive weight gain. But damn...there is no way we recruited in the top 25 (avg) over the past 5 years and don't have good athletes on the roster.

Pig in the Pokey

dumbest post ive ever seen. NAME the 2* guys. Go ahead, Im waiting.

IN ACTUALITY, we have the #21 most talented roster per 247sports.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hogsanity on February 09, 2018, 11:13:22 am
no, it isnt. the majority of it is Three and FOUR stars.

Do you people even follow recruiting?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

twistitup

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 09, 2018, 11:42:06 am
dumbest post ive ever seen. NAME the 2* guys. Go ahead, Im waiting.

IN ACTUALITY, we have the #21 most talented roster per 247sports.

My point is we are not loaded w 4-5 star guys - but we have tons of talent. It's a fact, we have mostly 2-3 star guys on the team - YOU look it up, I'm presenting it as fact, because it is. I agree we SHOULD be ranked #21 (or somewhere around that) - it fair because we have recruited in the top 25-30 for 5 years.

We have tons of undeveloped talent on the Current roster. Yes, plenty of 4 star guys (I think 16) - but lots of good athletes just under that - I think CCM will do a good job of developing the talent we have and we will have a surprising season next year.