Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How will Trumain Carroll test new S&C program and make adjustments?

Started by Randy Beaver, January 15, 2018, 08:43:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy Beaver

I know he said they plan to focus more on speed and conditioning.  How will he test that program to know that it is working and it is best for our team?  Does anybody know?  Or will they simply wait for us to play big, physical teams like Bama, LSU, and Georgia to measure it?  And if they push us all over the field, then we know we aren't strong enough.  I hope he is more proactive than that.  Here's an example from my own life that relates.  I told you guys in an earlier post about me passing the Presidential Physical Fitness Test.  I had seen our neighborhood elementary school doing it, so I talked to the gym teacher about it.  She gave me the test battery, and I took it home and had Evelyn to count for me and time me.  Here were my results:  I passed the following tests with flying colors, pull-ups, curl-ups, mile run, and sit&reach.  I was over the 95th percentile in all of those.  However, I was only in the 85th percentile on the Shuttle Run  which barely meets the standard. I was happy I passed so I made no adjustments to my morning fitness regimen.  However, last week I decided that I must try to improve myself.  I really was not getting enough explosive stop and go exercises in my morning routine to excel in something like the shuttle run.  So I decided to add an exercise to the routine.  My mailbox and my neighbors mailbox are directly across the street from each other.  So now, each morning, I sprint back and forth from my mailbox to his and bend down and touch the base of the mailbox each time.  I do 5 one minute sets of this.  I believe this will really help my explosiveness if I stick with it. After 5 days, my wife has already said my bum looks to be tighter and lifted up a little. Anyway, hopefully Coach Carroll has a way to test the players to make sure program is working before entering SEC play.  By the way, you guys missed a great discussion Friday night at the Springdale Applebee's.  A good time was had by all.

Pork Twain

Not a new S&C coach and I doubt the plan will be to wait and see how we play another team.. I am sure they all have a plan in place to get to where they need the team to be.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Randy Beaver

How can u be so sure? What if the Alabama game becomes our Shuttle Run??

ricepig

They'll take pictures of before and after, that always seems to work.

Oklahawg

When the stars come out, and the lights go on, the freaks come out...

Wait, that moved to Michigan.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: Randy Beaver on January 15, 2018, 08:43:11 am
I know he said they plan to focus more on speed and conditioning.  How will he test that program to know that it is working and it is best for our team?  Does anybody know?  Or will they simply wait for us to play big, physical teams like Bama, LSU, and Georgia to measure it?  And if they push us all over the field, then we know we aren't strong enough.  I hope he is more proactive than that.  Here's an example from my own life that relates.  I told you guys in an earlier post about me passing the Presidential Physical Fitness Test.  I had seen our neighborhood elementary school doing it, so I talked to the gym teacher about it.  She gave me the test battery, and I took it home and had Evelyn to count for me and time me.  Here were my results:  I passed the following tests with flying colors, pull-ups, curl-ups, mile run, and sit&reach.  I was over the 95th percentile in all of those.  However, I was only in the 85th percentile on the Shuttle Run  which barely meets the standard. I was happy I passed so I made no adjustments to my morning fitness regimen.  However, last week I decided that I must try to improve myself.  I really was not getting enough explosive stop and go exercises in my morning routine to excel in something like the shuttle run.  So I decided to add an exercise to the routine.  My mailbox and my neighbors mailbox are directly across the street from each other.  So now, each morning, I sprint back and forth from my mailbox to his and bend down and touch the base of the mailbox each time.  I do 5 one minute sets of this.  I believe this will really help my explosiveness if I stick with it. After 5 days, my wife has already said my bum looks to be tighter and lifted up a little. Anyway, hopefully Coach Carroll has a way to test the players to make sure program is working before entering SEC play.  By the way, you guys missed a great discussion Friday night at the Springdale Applebee's.  A good time was had by all.

Excellent post and very valid concerns.  From what I've heard and the program thatbthe tema was supposed to be doing on their own during the break, quickness and overall speed is going to be the #1 focus at every position.   Strength has been there.  But quickness has not been.  Quickness want as large of a factor on the line when the OL all weighed 330+.  As the lines got smaller, defenses of equal size and strength outmanned the OL by beating them to the punch (or spot) with quickness.  On slow developing plays, that's deadly. It's also why Austin and Cole spent so much time in their backs.  In the new scheme, he offensive plays hit quickly.  No under center, 7 step drops with play action and the QBs back to the line.  It's shotgun, RPO, quick hit.  The OL must "get to a spot and get in the way".  Line spreads and tempo will help with this, but getting to the spot quicker is key.  Think of the plays Chase Hayden made last year.  How many times did you see him knocked backwards?  Not many.  It's not because he's a 230 behemoth, it because he quicker and got his pads to the spot before the defense did.  Hayden and Hammonds will be great in this offense.  Whaley is the in between guy and Maleek Williams will be a down hill power back.  The wideouts will adjust nicely, because they are going back to what they played in high school.  Quick hits and moving out in space.

Defensively, they will attack.  Not read and react.  A 4.4 40yd dash becomes a 4.7 when you read and hesitate. That killed them last year.  They reacted to what the offense wanted to do, rather than dictate what the defense was able to do.  You don't win games by tackling guys as they run past you. There is a big question how the dline will line out.  Do they trim guys down or leave them at their current sizes and play them inside (ie Sosa).  The aggressive style will help the defense for sure.  I'm excited to see what Coach Carroll does in the next 2 months with the team. They will have a good idea of how the pieces of the puzzle need to be built and the staff will put hose pieces together this spring. Remeber, they're on campus because they can play the game.  If they buy in and work, the transition should go smoothly.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Lao Tsuie

I love the YOGA part in the plan. As someone who tried it in "later years" trust me,  it will be more of a great stretching of the tendons joints and bones. It takes sometimes years to acquire some of these exercises properly. Dont laugh, It's a very difficult discipline thats been around for thousands of years.

Yoga means "union".

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: Lao Tsuie on January 15, 2018, 10:52:42 am
I love the YOGA part in the plan. As someone who tried it in "later years" trust me,  it will be more of a great stretching of the tendons joints and bones. It takes sometimes years to acquire some of these exercises properly. Dont laugh, It's a very difficult discipline thats been around for thousands of years.

Yoga means "union".

Core strength, flexibility, muscle recovery.  Yoga will be a benefit in all three.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Lao Tsuie

Yes! Yes! Agree. Also balance, it's great for improving balance.

Johnny Bobo

If all of you are asking my input, it's this: it's not the size of the man in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the man

Thus we see, the power of catchy phrases that fire up our players. Why are cliches...cliches? Because they're true!

I hope Coach Carroll has a bunch of catchy cliches he uses to get everybody fired up. This type of psychological approach always worked for instance on some of the high school type players who like to growl really loudly when they're running onto the field. Fired up!

Lao Tsuie

Ha! Good one, hope they growl then bite!

Hey FAN, do you know if any practices will be open. I'd love to see one (after the throwing-up is over).

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: Lao Tsuie on January 15, 2018, 11:06:59 am
Ha! Good one, hope they growl then bite!

Hey FAN, do you know if any practices will be open. I'd love to see one (after the throwing-up is over).

No idea.  They haven't announced when spring ball will take place.  I'm sure more info will come out soon. They may want to do the player evals and then determine how long Coach Carroll will need to shape them up before it's announced.  As soon as I get any type of spring schedule, I'll post it.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Johnny Bobo on January 15, 2018, 11:01:17 am
If all of you are asking my input, it's this: it's not the size of the man in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the man

Thus we see, the power of catchy phrases that fire up our players. Why are cliches...cliches? Because they're true!

I hope Coach Carroll has a bunch of catchy cliches he uses to get everybody fired up. This type of psychological approach always worked for instance on some of the high school type players who like to growl really loudly when they're running onto the field. Fired up!

One problem with this theory. Cliches often contradict another cliche. For instance: the old cliche "little things mean a lot" and the newer cliche "don't sweat the small stuff." Which cliche overrules the other?

Then you have the old cliche "don't try to fit a square peg into a round hole" and the newer cliche "whatever floats your boat." Which one rules?

I'll try to resist tying the square peg cliche in with the OP's "tighter bum."

It is much better in my opinion to come up with something that has not been overused to the point of becoming cliche. The definition of cliche is not something that is "true" but a phrase that has become tired and boring due to overuse. A cliche is not by definition either true or false.
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

SooieGeneris

Careful there buddy! Touching another's mailbox could be considered a federal offense and many of those postal workers are famous for "packing heat."

I'm sure that your neighbors get too much entertainment from watching your morning routine to report you to the authorities however..

nwahogfan1

Great discussion guys.   

What we have to go on is this is not the first rodeo for Morris and staff.   He has a system that is proven.   They know what it takes to win in the SEC.  Now, they might not have enough talent to win the SEC but until they prove me wrong they have the right strategy.   

I just want the coaches to maximize the talent on the team, let the studs shine and everyone have more fun.  Hard work can be fun if they think it will work and it is presented the right way. 

IronHog

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on January 15, 2018, 10:55:16 am
Core strength, flexibility, muscle recovery.  Yoga will be a benefit in all three.

"Power" Yoga is currently very popular among pro athletes

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Johnny Bobo

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 15, 2018, 12:39:03 pm
One problem with this theory. Cliches often contradict another cliche. For instance: the old cliche "little things mean a lot" and the newer cliche "don't sweat the small stuff." Which cliche overrules the other?

Then you have the old cliche "don't try to fit a square peg into a round hole" and the newer cliche "whatever floats your boat." Which one rules?

I'll try to resist tying the square peg cliche in with the OP's "tighter bum."

It is much better in my opinion to come up with something that has not been overused to the point of becoming cliche. The definition of cliche is not something that is "true" but a phrase that has become tired and boring due to overuse. A cliche is not by definition either true or false.

very simple: if the cliche would serve no purpose in getting the players fired up, don't use it

Like your example, "whatever floats your boat" - don't use that, could end up being counterproductive actually

can you list any example of fire'm up cliches that would contradict each other? I can. Here's one: the old/new business cliche "don't work harder, work smarter." Would we want our players "working smarter"? What kind of confusion could that cause?

so your point is well taken 

Boardon Hamsay

TC mentioned in his intro presser that they were pretty much going to "measure" everyone as soon as they could to understand where everyone stands. I seem to also remember him mentioning it being similar to combine measurements. So, I would assume they will establish personal sticks in the sand for all players on things such as 40 time, vertical leap, bench, etc.

From there, you assign training to improve from the original stick in the sand and track/reward improvements. This isn't rocket science. For me, I wanted to run a 5 minute mile to improve on a sub 6 minute mile time. So, I challenged myself to reduce my mile time by 10% each time out and record the results. Over time, I hit the goal by incrementally increasing speed, endurance, and muscle memory.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

This thread is like the last few days in a school year. You know, when the teacher would let kids color or watch movies. I'm waiting on that thread that's like when the teacher let's the kids put the Mentos in the diet soda...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Peter Porker

From a parent of a football player:

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on January 14, 2018, 06:01:23 am
Interesting that after he met Coach Carroll I asked my son how excited I was that everything will be done differently in the weight room.  He laughed and told be that I must have been on HOGVILLE again.  There are a couple lifts Coach Carroll is a fan of that Herbert didn't use for certain muscle groups and they will run more because of the up tempo, but their philosophies and programs are virtually identical.  I realize that everyone will continue to bash the previous staff in any way that they can, but Herbert's job was to build the pieces of the puzzle.  He did an excellent job of that.  The people above him didn't put the puzzle pieces together and often, they weren't even putting the same puzzle together. That is why they're gone. 

Prehab, condition, lift/train, rehab.  Those were already in place.  Games weren't lost in the weight room.  They were lost on the sideline and on the field.  I like everything I've heard from Coach Carroll.  He will do an excellent job here.  But we had a great S&C coach in the previous staff.  The most exciting thing about the program currently, is the fact that all of the coaches  seem to be on he same page.  That wasn't the case before.  These next few weeks are critical.  The team meets tomorrow night.  It's imperative that everyone in the building, from the top to the bottom be on the same page from day 1.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

blueridger

Ya'll, I know its not my place, but due to some past experiences I have a bit of info I'd like to share.  I used to go to all the Clemson practices.  And I used to post quite a bit on the Clemson boards.  At least I posted quite a bit until one of the coaches pulled me to the side and told me, politely kinda, to stop posting anything about practices or any inside knowledge of drills, who played what, who made what crazy catch, how far the punter was kicking the ball, etc etc.  Just sayin you might want to be careful online.  They are watching the boards.  I was wrong in what I was doing...but I was a huge rookie to college football.  Again, I hope this doesn't come across wrong...just passing on my experience.  Go Hogs!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

1highhog

I know he said they plan to focus more on speed and conditioning.  How will he test that program to know that it is working and it is best for our team?  Does anybody know?  Or will they simply wait for us to play big, physical teams like Bama, LSU, and Georgia to measure it?  And if they push us all over the field, then we know we aren’t strong enough.  I hope he is more proactive than that.  Here’s an example from my own life that relates.  I told you guys in an earlier post about me passing the Presidential Physical Fitness Test.  I had seen our neighborhood elementary school doing it, so I talked to the gym teacher about it.  She gave me the test battery, and I took it home and had Evelyn to count for me and time me.  Here were my results:  I passed the following tests with flying colors, pull-ups, curl-ups, mile run, and sit&reach.  I was over the 95th percentile in all of those.  However, I was only in the 85th percentile on the Shuttle Run  which barely meets the standard. I was happy I passed so I made no adjustments to my morning fitness regimen.  However, last week I decided that I must try to improve myself.  I really was not getting enough explosive stop and go exercises in my morning routine to excel in something like the shuttle run.  So I decided to add an exercise to the routine.  My mailbox and my neighbors mailbox are directly across the street from each other.  So now, each morning, I sprint back and forth from my mailbox to his and bend down and touch the base of the mailbox each time.  I do 5 one minute sets of this.  I believe this will really help my explosiveness if I stick with it. After 5 days, my wife has already said my bum looks to be tighter and lifted up a little. Anyway, hopefully Coach Carroll has a way to test the players to make sure program is working before entering SEC play.  By the way, you guys missed a great discussion Friday night at the Springdale Applebee’s.  A good time was had by all.

So have passerby stopped and asked you yet just what it is you're trying to get at beneath your mailbox and your neighbors?  There has to be some curious onlookers wondering what the heck is going on,,,.

Mike_e

I don't know about all of that but if we're going against elementary school kids we ought to do very well.

As to the yoga thing I think it's a good idea but would like to see us practicing some aikido too.

And maybe salting the team's eggs with gunpowder too.  ;)
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

IronHog

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 15, 2018, 01:22:44 pm
From a parent of a football player:

If the new staff has the same S&C as BBs crew they'll stink too

Lao Tsuie

Quote from: IronHog on January 15, 2018, 04:45:07 pm

Agree, and I can also fully understand how a 20 yr. old player would defend his coach.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Johnny Bobo on January 15, 2018, 12:52:46 pm

very simple: if the cliche would serve no purpose in getting the players fired up, don't use it

Like your example, "whatever floats your boat" - don't use that, could end up being counterproductive actually

can you list any example of fire'm up cliches that would contradict each other? I can. Here's one: the old/new business cliche "don't work harder, work smarter." Would we want our players "working smarter"? What kind of confusion could that cause?

so your point is well taken

I'm sure this staff will have their buzz words and catch phrases, maybe cliche, maybe not. I imagine "Uncommon" will be retired forever just as "Don't leggo the rope" went out of use with the Nutty Buddy staff. "One heartbeat" is one that has been overused by some coaches.

Most coaches have them to kind of capture their philosophy in as few words as possible.

"Lock arms" is one that has been mentioned from SMU. We already know about "Full tilt boogie" and "Hammerdown". That last one always makes me think of that soundtrack tune from Smokey and the Bandit, "Eastbound and Down." Hopefully CM has more on the ball than Sheriff Justice, and I think he does.

Johnny Bobo

Quote from: IronHog on January 15, 2018, 04:45:07 pm

that's really a great assessment there

informative, factual, thoughtful

Johnny Bobo

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 15, 2018, 05:30:02 pm
I'm sure this staff will have their buzz words and catch phrases, maybe cliche, maybe not. I imagine "Uncommon" will be retired forever just as "Don't leggo the rope" went out of use with the Nutty Buddy staff. "One heartbeat" is one that has been overused by some coaches.

Most coaches have them to kind of capture their philosophy in as few words as possible.

"Lock arms" is one that has been mentioned from SMU. We already know about "Full tilt boogie" and "Hammerdown". That last one always makes me think of that soundtrack tune from Smokey and the Bandit, "Eastbound and Down." Hopefully CM has more on the ball than Sheriff Justice, and I think he does.

Excellent work sir.

I believe "Guys, it's still okay to be uncommon!" will become a new, basically Arkansas-only, cliche. I also don't believe there should be any problems with anyone throwing the A. I might throw the A at CCM at one of the spring scrimmages and ask him "how you like me now!" or "how do you like them apples?" and see if he knows what throwing the A is about, and whether or not he communicates well with fans in the realm of trading cliches.

Since it's easy to get close to the Hog bench during spring scrimmages, I might take it upon myself to feed the minds of those thoroughbreds with encouraging cliches like "mama said they'd be days like this" and "But it's been no bed of roses! No pleasure cruise! I consider it a challenge before the whole human race, and I never lose!"

IronHog

Quote from: Johnny Bobo on January 15, 2018, 05:34:12 pm
that's really a great assessment there

informative, factual, thoughtful

#unskinny
#fastfreshmanforty
#hotwifebigmeals

Better?

Johnny Bobo

Quote from: IronHog on January 15, 2018, 06:05:42 pm

#unskinny
#fastfreshmanforty
#hotwifebigmeals

Better?

I love it

what will happen if CCM is ever spotted listening to reggae and wearing flipflops?

IronHog

Quote from: Johnny Bobo on January 15, 2018, 06:16:02 pm
I love it

what will happen if CCM is ever spotted listening to reggae and wearing flipflops?

I think you'd hafta admit defeat and fly a banner that says bring back Houston

Randy Beaver

Quote from: Lao Tsuie on January 15, 2018, 10:52:42 am

Yoga means "union".

I second your comment about loving Yoga as part of the overall S&C plan.  It is excellent for strengthening little know muscles or stabilizer muscles.  My wife and I actually went through a yoga program with my MIL, Margaret, that was prescribed to her by her physical therapist.  At the time, she was having a problem with what I’ve always called “walking farts”.  Literally, after meals, it happened every step she took.  Her doctor attributed it to a weak sphincter and prescribed the physical therapy.  The yoga worked wonders, and thankfully, has reduced her problem by at least 75% I’d say.  Kudos to Coach Carroll for seeing the benefits in yoga

Randy Beaver

Quote from: 1highhog on January 15, 2018, 03:13:47 pm
So have passerby stopped and asked you yet just what it is you're trying to get at beneath your mailbox and your neighbors?  There has to be some curious onlookers wondering what the heck is going on,,,.

Some pedestrians have asked me what I was doing.  My neighbors, however, understand how intense I am when working out.  I have a technique that I use when working out that I learned from Sylvester Stallone in the movie Over the Top. I wear a hat, and when I turn it around backwards, it’s like I’ve flipped a switch. And it’s like I’m a truck, and I have a job to do.  Neighbors see me hat turned backwards, they know I’ not to be jimmied with.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Randy Beaver on January 15, 2018, 10:14:55 am
How can u be so sure? What if the Alabama game becomes our Shuttle Run??
I am not sure but I have more faith that the new coaches have a plan and will not wait to evaluate or implement it till the first game.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Randy Beaver on January 15, 2018, 09:11:04 pm
I second your comment about loving Yoga as part of the overall S&C plan.  It is excellent for strengthening little know muscles or stabilizer muscles.  My wife and I actually went through a yoga program with my MIL, Margaret, that was prescribed to her by her physical therapist.  At the time, she was having a problem with what I've always called "walking farts".  Literally, after meals, it happened every step she took.  Her doctor attributed it to a weak sphincter and prescribed the physical therapy.  The yoga worked wonders, and thankfully, has reduced her problem by at least 75% I'd say.  Kudos to Coach Carroll for seeing the benefits in yoga

It might be an advantage to have a few linemen with this problem, as long as it's not the center, the QB must be protected, nostrils and all. Think of the fumble recoveries we could get if 2-3 of them have this at the bottom of a dog pile.

Maybe you could forward a prescription for a weak sphincter to the SC coach and the  line coaches...

clew

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 15, 2018, 05:30:02 pm

Boy, when I get home I'm gonna slap yo mama in the mouth
Pure as the dawn

ChemEHawg

Quote from: Randy Beaver on January 15, 2018, 09:11:04 pm
I second your comment about loving Yoga as part of the overall S&C plan.  It is excellent for strengthening little know muscles or stabilizer muscles.  My wife and I actually went through a yoga program with my MIL, Margaret, that was prescribed to her by her physical therapist.  At the time, she was having a problem with what I've always called "walking farts".  Literally, after meals, it happened every step she took.  Her doctor attributed it to a weak sphincter and prescribed the physical therapy.  The yoga worked wonders, and thankfully, has reduced her problem by at least 75% I'd say.  Kudos to Coach Carroll for seeing the benefits in yoga

BWAHAHAHA, WHAT?!? Now you're just fu&@;ing with us
Thanks for all the info.  Will probably stick to one of the places close to the hotel so that if I have a few too many I can stagger back.  Nothing better than your kids seeing you drunk.  I don't look at it as a bad example but rather a cautionary tale.<br /><br />-Dwight_K_Shrute<br /><br />I can't wait to have kids...

Randy Beaver

No sir, it has helped her immensely.  She no longer fears walking up the stairs at church.  A year ago, you definitely didn't want to be behind her on the stairs.