Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mark Richt

Started by ac360, October 14, 2017, 06:59:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ac360

Any chance we could get him?

rtr

The more smites the more intelligent I get.

PorkRinds

KCRazorbackfan

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  No.
Life took me to Central Florida, but I'll always be a Razorback.

HiggiePiggy

If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

root_hawg

Not a prayer, unless you got about 8 million

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: root_hawg on October 14, 2017, 07:14:14 pm
Not a prayer, unless you got about 8 million

Wouldn't bring him and I still would not want him here.  He isn't going anywhere unless he is fired from his Alma Mater. 

The Hawg Marshal

greenEGnHAWGS

I hope this was a joke.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

MAL3

None whatsoever. He's not coming to Fayetteville. Career suicide.

RebHog

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 14, 2017, 07:20:20 pm
Wouldn't bring him and I still would not want him here.  He isn't going anywhere unless he is fired from his Alma Mater.

You would seriously turn this guy away LOL  :puke:  :puke:

I guess your waiting on gruden or belicheck #WakeUP

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: RebHog on October 14, 2017, 07:28:14 pm
You would seriously turn this guy away LOL  :puke:  :puke:

I guess your waiting on gruden or belicheck #WakeUP

Yep I would turn him away just like I would turn Less Miles away.  Both coaches especially Richt had huge amounts of talent and could never get into the championship game.  His best year he got beat by a Florida team coached by mighty Ron Zook.  The mighty 7-4 Florida. The guy is a nice coach, but he would not do any better here than Beliema. He might of had a 9 win season here.  Remember we don't get to pick from the 100plus players in Arkansas to come to our school like they get to do in Georgia and even Miami.  Wish people were actually half way smart about where our team plays at instead of just picking a guy because he was had some success at an elite school. 

husker71

I would take him in a second, but there is no chance he would come here.   Miami could be a year in and year out power again as much as I hate to say that.

RebHog

I agree about Les Miles that many years without a decent QB is inexcusable  but top ten Miami next week says hello. Richt had a ton of talent at Georgia and never won the big one but was in the mix a lot. There are a ton of power house programs that didn't win champ also during his tenure at Georgia. At Arkansas within 2 years he would make this program stable and relevant but its a pipe dream to think he would come here alma matter or not.

texas tush hog

Hogwild

HiggiePiggy

The day mark Richt makes it to the playoff is when I will say I was wrong about him. Until then he has proven with great talent that he can't get it done. At least Less played in 2 NC games and won 1.  Mark got to watch Missouri 2 times in a row take the East division while it has been weak for awhile now. 

my3boneheads

We might could get Hudspeth.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: my3boneheads on October 14, 2017, 08:10:41 pm
We might could get Hudspeth.

Sure. Tell me why he can't seem to get winning seasons now after having his first 4 seasons vacated?  Was he winning because of the cheating? 

RebHog

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 14, 2017, 08:22:02 pm
Sure. Tell me why he can't seem to get winning seasons now after having his first 4 seasons vacated?  Was he winning because of the cheating?

Who do you think we could get that is better then Richt?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: MAL3 on October 14, 2017, 07:23:24 pm
None whatsoever. He's not coming to Fayetteville. Career suicide.

Yeah, it killed Pertino's career going to #5 in the nation. He was never able to get another job.

And poor Holtz. He never was able to do anything else

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: RebHog on October 14, 2017, 08:30:05 pm

A lot of the up and comers I believe are better than Richt. 

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: RebHog on October 14, 2017, 08:30:05 pm

That post you quoted wasn't about Richt though.  It was hudspeth

my3boneheads

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 14, 2017, 08:22:02 pm

Sarcasm.

rude1

Couldn't win the East with one of the top programs in the conference, watched MO. come in and win it back to back, so the question is why would we want him?

RebHog

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 14, 2017, 08:46:36 pm
A lot of the up and comers I believe are better than Richt.

True their ceiling could be a lot higher but then again the floor could also bottom out. At this point I would be happy with a proven successful SEC coach outside of Les Miles then what we have now.

The Hawg Marshal

I don't have an issue with Richt's coaching ability.He's just not going to leave his alma mater,complete with some of the most fertile recruiting grounds in the entire country, to come to Arkansas. Use some realism in your thought process guys.

RebHog

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on October 14, 2017, 08:56:40 pm
I don't have an issue with Richt's coaching ability.He's just not going to leave his alma mater,complete with some of the most fertile recruiting grounds in the entire country, to come to Arkansas. Use some realism in your thought process guys.

Well I totally agree but speaking of hypotheticals if it was an option would take him in a heartbeat.

thebignasty

Think we would be better off making a run at Urban.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: RebHog on October 14, 2017, 08:55:33 pm
True their ceiling could be a lot higher but then again the floor could also bottom out. At this point I would be happy with a proven successful SEC coach outside of Les Miles then what we have now.

So let's go get Kirby Smart.  I mean heck he should be great because he is gettdoing it the same type of talent that Richt was getting.  Seriously ARKANSAS is not going to get that talent here.  We need someone that can do more with a lot less. 

I want to take coaches that have gone to a school and turned them around. Some of these up and comers have shown that they can build a program.  I would take the Purdue coach over Richt in a heart beat if it were possible. 

Proven coaches? Was that not what we just had?  He came from Wisconsin and was pretty successful there. Not here.

I want someone that has built up programs before. Not one that had them handed to them. 

AirWarren

DeltaBoy

No way Mark back home with the Canes where D1 talent on every HS Field in a 20 mile radius of the Canes campus!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Cure

Not a chance in hell he'd leave Coral Gables for Fayetteville.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

RebHog

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 14, 2017, 09:02:44 pm
So let's go get Kirby Smart.  I mean heck he should be great because he is gettdoing it the same type of talent that Richt was getting.  Seriously ARKANSAS is not going to get that talent here.  We need someone that can do more with a lot less. 

I want to take coaches that have gone to a school and turned them around. Some of these up and comers have shown that they can build a program.  I would take the Purdue coach over Richt in a heart beat if it were possible. 

Proven coaches? Was that not what we just had?  He came from Wisconsin and was pretty successful there. Not here.

I want someone that has built up programs before. Not one that had them handed to them.

Stupid to compare Kirby Smart at this time when he is playing Richt's players.....in a few years this may prove me wrong but hell Barry Switzer won NFL championship you giving him credit for that or Jimmie?

I will give it to you Bret looked proven at the time but since then has been showed as a fraud Wisconsin success is from alvarez. I also agree if we chose an up and comer it should be someone that built it not inherited.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: RebHog on October 14, 2017, 09:56:15 pm
Stupid to compare Kirby Smart at this time when he is playing Richt's players.....in a few years this may prove me wrong but hell Barry Switzer won NFL championship you giving him credit for that or Jimmie?

He has the ring right? So if Kirby goes on to make it to the playoff and even wins a NC I should give that to Richt? Even though he couldn't even sniff a NC game the entire time he was there?  I'm pretty sure the freshman qb that is playing is Kirby's recruit. 

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Like 1 in a million

RebHog

As far as Dallas is concerned they would have won without a coach lol but no if Smart somehow wins the hole thing this year then ya even with Richts players he took them farther but once again compared to what we have now I cant believe you would actually turn this guy down.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: RebHog on October 14, 2017, 10:02:02 pm
As far as Dallas is concerned they would have won without a coach lol but no if Smart somehow wins the hole thing this year then ya even with Richts players he took them farther but once again compared to what we have now I cant believe you would actually turn this guy down.

I would turn him down because his ceiling would be less than petrino was here.  He isn't going to recruit anywhere near what he did at Georgia.  I would rather press my luck with an up and comer over someone who has proven to let down fans every year by doing less with a lot more talent than everyone in its division.  I mean seriously when Meyer left it was all Richts for the taking and he failed to do so.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

code red

We r barking up the wrong tree.  Need a spread guy
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

RebHog

Quote from: Wildhog on October 14, 2017, 10:48:41 pm
Make it stop.

Only after you answer the ?? Would you take Richt if available or no?????????????

RedRock

Nashville Fan

He couldn't win at GA. 0 chance he can win at AR.
Pittman or Bust!

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Nashville Fan on October 15, 2017, 12:04:11 am
He couldn't win at GA. 0 chance he can win at AR.

I think he would be similar to Nutt as far as success went. I don't think he could match Petrino and I think he would be better than Beliema. 

HiggiePiggy

Heh. I just now realized I have been butchering Bielemas last name all this time.  Oops.

Pork Twain

Never understand the Richt and Miles love.  They were both run of from schools wit a LOT more talent than we can ever dream of having and you want them here, why?  We have already saw them do less with more and you want to see them do less with less?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

HawgTide

hogsolutely

100% he  will not leave the U.

The_Iceman