Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Today was the end of Beliema

Started by NorthDallas40, October 12, 2013, 05:40:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GlassofSwine

Quote from: Fatty McGee on October 12, 2013, 07:56:40 pm
Preseason rankings aren't that meaningful.  55 scholarships v. 85 for everyone else is.  It means you have zero depth, and USC isn't going to have a lot of high level walkons with their tuition.

In the 2 years they have had to recruit with reductions they recruited 8 -5 star players, 17 - 4 star players and had easily the highest star rating per player of any team in the country. Now that bodes well for Kiffin's recruiting abilities. But you can't have it both ways you can't claim Kiffin is a good fit because he recruits talent and then claim he lost because he didn't have enough talent. If Arkansas had 1 year with that kind of recruiting  even with reductions people would be going gonzo on here and expecting us to win a NC.

the END.

Quote from: RazorbackRon on October 12, 2013, 08:04:52 pm
Go cheer for the Bugtussel Begonia's then.

Explain this to me. Why should he / she cheer for another team because of disappointment? 

RazorbackRon

Quote from: the END. on October 12, 2013, 08:08:03 pm
Explain this to me. Why should he / she cheer for another team because of disappointment? 

Hello Pearl.
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: GlassofSwine on October 12, 2013, 08:07:28 pm
In the 2 years they have had to recruit with reductions they recruited 8 -5 star players, 17 - 4 star players and had easily the highest star rating per player of any team in the country. Now that bodes well for Kiffin's recruiting abilities. But you can't have it both ways you can't claim Kiffin is a good fit because he recruits talent and then claim he lost because he didn't have enough talent. If Arkansas had 1 year with that kind of recruiting  even with reductions people would be going gonzo on here and expecting us to win a NC.

I didn't say he was a great coach.  I said he might be.  And I didn't say they didn't have talent - I said they didn't have depth.  And as Georgia has shown this year, you need depth because injuries will happen.

Arkansas fans going gonzo isn't a measure of reasonableness or reality.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

The Artist Yo Huckleberry

Quote from: Something over there on October 12, 2013, 05:54:15 pm
Should have settled with the people that interviewed with Dorrell for a few million and suspended Bobby P for half of last season.
this

gchamblee

just remember... everyone that had realistic expectations this year were labeled bad fans and ridiculed off the site. enjoy the sunshine pumpers youre left with as you try to figure out how you were so wrong.

the END.

Quote from: RazorbackRon on October 12, 2013, 08:10:07 pm
Hello Pearl.

I'm sorry. I don't know what that means? Unless you're calling me an oyster. Is pearl an insult here?

TMc

Quote from: NorthDallas40 on October 12, 2013, 05:40:55 pm
Just to put it into context, I was an original darksider. Not for Nutt. But for Nolan on Woopig with Truth and Him. I've been posting under numerous handles for numerous reasons longer than most on here have been alive.
I played a not so insignificant role in getting Broyles fired when he spoke to the alumni group here in Dallas and said we could never be better than ninth in the SEC because we were ninth in revenues. Have had four tickets in the Red Zone since it opened.
The hogs are like my fourth child after my two kids and dog. Some of you know what I mean.
I golfed with beliema here in Dallas a few months back. Despite his dumb guy look, he's smart and witty. He's also foul and drops f bombs without knowing his audience (me too).
On this website, I posted under another handle when we lost at home to Bama with Mallett and our not being able to hold our lead that that was our one shot for greatness. Of course, everyone on here said I wasn't a fan and that we'd beat Bama for the next five years in a row.
So to today, this is just my placeholder post and I could care less who agrees or disagrees. But today was the beginning of the end of CBB. That was not Bama we played and our cupboard is not that bare. He is not a fantastic recruiter or Xs and Os guy. He is admittedly a manager. That will work at an upper echelon school but not here. 
He will be gone by year 3. And we will be stuck right back where we are now. But such is life. The stories will start in the offseason about how such an outspoken loud mouth is just not a good fit for Arkansas. By the end of next year, everyone on here will agree. And then he will get a third year to look for his next gig and we will back to square one. Can't wait.

I agree right now.., I don't have to wait til the offseason.., He is not ready for the SEC and Arkansas.  We need an innovative coach that can do more with less.  He cannot, and it's plain to me when he stepped into Wisconsin, the machine was already built by Alvarez.

Dillar Dog

Quote from: TMc on October 12, 2013, 08:13:31 pm
I agree right now.., I don't have to wait til the offseason.., He is not ready for the SEC and Arkansas.  We need an innovative coach that can do more with less.  He cannot, and it's plain to me when he stepped into Wisconsin, the machine was already built by Alvarez.

Who would you like?  We all know there is a line of innovative and successful coaches waiting for Arkansas to call so they can drop everything and come running to Fayetteville.

Out of all of those proven winners, who would you pick?

GlassofSwine

Quote from: Fatty McGee on October 12, 2013, 08:10:45 pm
I didn't say he was a great coach.  I said he might be.  And I didn't say they didn't have talent - I said they didn't have depth.  And as Georgia has shown this year, you need depth because injuries will happen.

Arkansas fans going gonzo isn't a measure of reasonableness or reality.

Well, first you need perspective on their actual penalty. They lost 10 scholarships a year and were capped at having only 75 scholarship players per year for 3 years. In other words, they were down 30 scholarship players - 10 a year by the NCAA. They were not carrying only 55 scholarship players. So if you are saying that a 70-75 man roster loaded with 4 and 5 star athletes can't compete with a 85 man roster full of 3 stars when half of those players wont see the field anyway, you are making up excuses.

Hawgon

Gundy practically begged for the job.  Long blew him off when he realized that he was going to be able to hire Bielema.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: GlassofSwine on October 12, 2013, 08:17:52 pm
Well, first you need perspective on their actual penalty. They lost 10 scholarships a year and were capped at having only 75 scholarship players per year for 3 years. In other words, they were down 30 scholarship players - 10 a year by the NCAA. They were not carrying only 55 scholarship players. So if you are saying that a 70-75 man roster loaded with 4 and 5 star athletes can't compete with a 85 man roster full of 3 stars when half of those players wont see the field anyway, you are making up excuses.

OK - he stinks.  You've convinced me.  Scholarship reductions don't matter.

I don't care that much - just didn't think he should have been fired yet until he had a full strength team.  It's cool if you disagree.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Dillar Dog

Quote from: Hawgon on October 12, 2013, 08:20:06 pm
Gundy practically begged for the job.  Long blew him off when he realized that he was going to be able to hire Bielema.

HE'S A MAN!

grayhawg

nope.

DoctorSusscrofa

I wouldn't have known how important you are if you hadn't explained it to me in a message board. Thanks!
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Athog

Quote from: Smokehouse on October 12, 2013, 05:54:11 pm
Congratulations on your long and illustrious anonymous message board posting career. I'm sure everyone you know is very proud of it, especially if all of your posts are as full of pointless rambling like this one is!

I agree. It seems this ramble was like someone on drugs wanting to toot his horn!! This post was pointless and made no sense.

Hogman2

This post is ridiculous! This is ONLY the beginning!  Bielema should be judged on three years down the line NOT on the crud we have on the field right now! If this continued for two more years, that would be legitimate concern!  We have NO QB;  AND NO WR'S; AND NO DB'S;  NO LB'S, AND FEW SRS. ON THE TEAM!  These weak areas KILL any chance of success!

Chart Titley

You, madam, are addressing a man, who is in fact quiet and yet, not quiet, if I may offer to you a riddle.

Justagp

Quote from: WichitaStateRazorback on October 12, 2013, 06:27:42 pm
I read these posts and wonder if a large portion of our fan base is this absurd.   I WAS 110% AGAINST PETRINO BEING FIRED and one of the loudest with my disdain for long and his handling of the situation.   That being said I believe that BB was a fantastic hire and it is ridiculous the expectations some of our fans have put in him in year 1.  Let him get his team in place and then judge from there.

Ditto

NorthDallas40

Quote from: Athog on October 12, 2013, 08:28:58 pm
I agree. It seems this ramble was like someone on drugs wanting to toot his horn!! This post was pointless and made no sense.
Nice!
We are all laughing here because I actually typed the post with my toes while playing a trombone with my right hand and smoking a joint with my left!

SemperFi

Just to put it into context, I was an original darksider. Not for Nutt. But for Nolan on Woopig with Truth and Him. I've been posting under numerous handles for numerous reasons longer than most on here have been alive.
I played a not so insignificant role in getting Broyles fired when he spoke to the alumni group here in Dallas and said we could never be better than ninth in the SEC because we were ninth in revenues. Have had four tickets in the Red Zone since it opened.
The hogs are like my fourth child after my two kids and dog. Some of you know what I mean.
I golfed with beliema here in Dallas a few months back. Despite his dumb guy look, he's smart and witty. He's also foul and drops f bombs without knowing his audience (me too).
On this website, I posted under another handle when we lost at home to Bama with Mallett and our not being able to hold our lead that that was our one shot for greatness. Of course, everyone on here said I wasn't a fan and that we'd beat Bama for the next five years in a row.
So to today, this is just my placeholder post and I could care less who agrees or disagrees. But today was the beginning of the end of CBB. That was not Bama we played and our cupboard is not that bare. He is not a fantastic recruiter or Xs and Os guy. He is admittedly a manager. That will work at an upper echelon school but not here. 
He will be gone by year 3. And we will be stuck right back where we are now. But such is life. The stories will start in the offseason about how such an outspoken loud mouth is just not a good fit for Arkansas. By the end of next year, everyone on here will agree. And then he will get a third year to look for his next gig and we will back to square one. Can't wait.

You are insane! First, you admittedly claim some responsibility for destroying the Razorback basketball program and now you want to get rid of the one coach that can get this thing turned around. Sir, you do not deserve to be a Razorback fan making claims like this. If anyone deserves blame it's Bobby Petrino for his extremely poor recruiting the last few years. The biggest contributors on this team outside of the defensive line are the true freshmen that Coach Bielema brought in.

This post is so stupid that I cannot believe that the Mods are allowing it to continue.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Pig In The City

Quote from: PygmalionEffect on October 12, 2013, 05:54:00 pm
It takes a lot of things going wrong to look that bad. That was JLL bad today. I think we are all familiar with it. We know what it smells like. Something is wrong with the infrastructure to put out a product that defective.

Jerry is that you.  Quit drinking and posting. 

Chart Titley

Quote from: Hogman2 on October 12, 2013, 08:29:12 pm
This post is ridiculous! This is ONLY the beginning!  Bielema should be judged on three years down the line NOT on the crud we have on the field right now! If this continued for two more years, that would be legitimate concern!  We have NO QB;  AND NO WR'S; AND NO DB'S;  NO LB'S, AND FEW SRS. ON THE TEAM!  These weak areas KILL any chance of success!
This!  Hogman2 understands.  Why do so many of you act surprised by this season?  I can understand some mild disappointment if they are ill prepared or if they quit (and I admit it looked like that at times today).

You do not have to believe me, but we would be scrapping for 7 wins this year if Petrino was still our coach.  He left us with nothing on defense other than a D-line.  His last recruiting class was subpar...period!
You, madam, are addressing a man, who is in fact quiet and yet, not quiet, if I may offer to you a riddle.

grayhawg

Quote from: Chart Titley on October 12, 2013, 08:41:22 pm
This!  Hogman2 understands.  Why do so many of you act surprised by this season?  I can understand some mild disappointment if they are ill prepared or if they quit (and I admit it looked like that at times today).

You do not have to believe me, but we would be scrapping for 7 wins this year if Petrino was still our coach.  He left us with nothing on defense other than a D-line.  His last recruiting class was subpar...period!
We had some players transfer who would still be here if Petrino was Coach and Brandon Allen would be a lot better than what he is now. Am I crying about Petrino being gone, not at all but Chaney will never be the play caller and QB coach that Petrino was. And that is the truth.

TMc

Quote from: Dillar Dog on October 12, 2013, 08:17:31 pm
Who would you like?  We all know there is a line of innovative and successful coaches waiting for Arkansas to call so they can drop everything and come running to Fayetteville.

Out of all of those proven winners, who would you pick?

Gus Malzahn is who we should've hired.., he would've crawled to Fayetteville to coach the Hogs.  I am no Gus Hugger.., never understood why he wasn't considered.  He would've won here, and been able to do it like Bobby did.  I don't care about the politics of the Nutt years.., the man has won where ever he has coached.  There are others out there.., but it doesn't matter - we're stuck with this path now.., I suspect by year 3 - we'll be looking.  I have no faith in this guy, and I'm not a negative poster or the sky is falling type.., I've just learned you can see some progress or you can't.  And I don't.

spiritof92

And then he would have left after a season to coach at Auburn.

Pathogen

As would any good AD.  But that is a side issue.  Show me your evidence and proof that Gundy begged for this job, besides baseless Hogville posts and rumors.  I fully expect no response from you.

Pathogen

Quote from: NorthDallas40 on October 12, 2013, 08:37:06 pm
Nice!
We are all laughing here because I actually typed the post with my toes while playing a trombone with my right hand and smoking a joint with my left!

I believe you were doing none of that when typing this post except the smoking a joint part.  That I definitely believe.

rickm1976

Quote from: Smokehouse on October 12, 2013, 05:54:11 pm
Congratulations on your long and illustrious anonymous message board posting career. I'm sure everyone you know is very proud of it, especially if all of your posts are as full of pointless rambling like this one is!

Let's not forget that he "played a not so insignificant role in getting Broyles fired".  He must really be somebody to have that much influence.  I'll bet at least 3 people on here actually believe that.  Next, he'll come back on here and state something to the effect of "I don't have to prove it to anyone.  It is what it is, and I'm just stating the facts.  You can believe it or not.  It makes no difference to me".  We've heard those words so many times by these trolls.

Dillar Dog

Quote from: TMc on October 12, 2013, 09:03:14 pm
Gus Malzahn is who we should've hired.., he would've crawled to Fayetteville to coach the Hogs.  I am no Gus Hugger.., never understood why he wasn't considered.  He would've won here, and been able to do it like Bobby did.  I don't care about the politics of the Nutt years.., the man has won where ever he has coached.  There are others out there.., but it doesn't matter - we're stuck with this path now.., I suspect by year 3 - we'll be looking.  I have no faith in this guy, and I'm not a negative poster or the sky is falling type.., I've just learned you can see some progress or you can't.  And I don't.

Oh.  You're one of those guys.

Carry on.

razorbackkid

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Athog

The more I read this post the harder I laugh.

Blue35

Let him go now and cut our losses.  He will not ever be successful here. He is worse than poor old JLS.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: RazorbackRon on October 12, 2013, 08:00:57 pm
Comparing yourself to HiM is all we need to know.   

Posting under multiple user names is all we need to know.

Bragging you got Broyles fired is all we need to know.

Saying you've been posting longer than most of Hogville has been alive (hey did you invent the internet too) is all we need to know.

IF you are not a troll, then you are a blowhard braggart.  That's all we need to know.

I would put my season ticket holding history and games attended up against yours any day of the week.
You are a troll's dream poster.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

UA1985

Thanks for taking the time to tell us how important you are before getting to your bland and unimpressive point. Predicting an early demise for a head coach who takes a job at a perennial middle-of-the-pack SEC program where every year he has to play Bama, LSU, Texas A&M (and at least a couple of other programs that historically have better talent than Arkansas) is hardly noteworthy.

Kevin n Hog Heaven

Congrats. Your a [CENSORED].

spiritof92

Quote from: Kevin n Hog Heaven on October 12, 2013, 09:30:55 pm
Congrats. Your a [CENSORED].

You don't talk to an original darksider like that!!!1!!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

NorthDallas40

Well apparently it is noteworthy because I'm apparently the only person here who believes it. Just like I was one of the few posters who believed we blew our best chance to win the sec when we choked in the 4th with Mallett against Bama at home.

Dillar Dog

You're also the only person here that believes you matter.

Kevin n Hog Heaven

Quote from: NorthDallas40 on October 12, 2013, 09:34:13 pm
Well apparently it is noteworthy because I'm apparently the only person here who believes it. Just like I was one of the few posters who believed we blew our best chance to win the sec when we choked in the 4th with Mallett against Bama at home.
You're the only person here who believes it, so it's noteworthy? #logicescapesyou

Delicious~Dreams

Quote from: fvillehog on October 12, 2013, 06:53:20 pm
Wow.  Do you know the dark side of the force, too?  I just want to humbly say thank you for taking the time to post to us little people.

Which no doubt miffed Tiger after he asked you to play golf with him instead.

Which, for normal folk, would be a violation of forum rules.  But not for a playa' like you.

It's COULDN'T care less, not "COULD care less."  Think that over next time you are on the golf course - it'll make sense to you.  But maybe you just said it that way to connect with us bumpkins.

So....what you are saying is....if he loses alot over the next few years, he will get fired?  Dang dude, you are smart.

An upper echelon school like who?  Wisconsin?

Lol!  +1 if I could.     Hogville is certainly entertaining!!

greghog

Quote from: Something over there on October 12, 2013, 05:54:15 pm
Should have settled with the people that interviewed with Dorrell for a few million and suspended Bobby P for half of last season.

Didn't have to settle with anyone to keep Bobby.  Firing Bobby didn't lower any liabilities.  So tired of hearing that as an excuse to fire him.  I get that some people (most apparently) wanted him fired.  But lawsuits from anyone had nothing to do with it.  Didn't help, didn't hurt in that area.

Pathogen

Quote from: NorthDallas40 on October 12, 2013, 09:34:13 pmJust like I was one of the few posters who believed we blew our best chance to win the sec when we choked in the 4th with Mallett against Bama at home.

Dang, man, you do know the ways of the force.  Only you (well, along with your insider golf buddy connections) could figure out that losing a game = decreased chance of winning the conference. Brilliant.

Pathogen

Quote from: NorthDallas40 on October 12, 2013, 09:34:13 pm

BTW, you need to be careful.  With the 41 posts you have made under your latest alias, you are at risk of being found out, being the high-powered insider that you are.  Time to go incognito again.  Take my advice: delete your username, and don't post here again for at least 10 years.

code red

agree that he will be gone....gimme Nutt
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Nuttcracker, Sweet!

Those who don't remember history...

5 years ago, according to many on here and elsewhere, the sky was falling because this "Yankee" wannabe from the Big East who bagged on Atlanta before the season was over was going 5-7. Why even Nutt did better than that the 2 years before!

There were a few bumper stickers spotted reading "Petrino: go back to Atlanta!" Petrino has been accused of many things, but being stupid enough to do that is not one of them.

Now some of the same people act like Petrino invented football. I told them then that better times were coming and I'll tell the rest now. Bielema is not a miracle worker, but he is a proven head coach.

Teams can make drastic improvements in 1-2 seasons. How many of you picked Ole Miss to go to a Bowl last season after a guy just a few years removed from HS football inherited the rubble of the Hooty Nutt era?

A&M was a laughing stock just two short seasons ago in the Big 12. As they made their last tour of that league they blew big halftime leads in several games (including vs US) and were taunted by chants of "SEC" by shorthorn fans especially.

Texass beat them and rubbed their noses in it. Now, A&M is the "cool" school in Texass and the Whorns are a joke with possibly a lameduck coach. Even though UT beat OU today, if Mack Daddy loses badly to Baylor or Tech or Okie Lite, does he still keep his job? It has to be even more frustrating to Texass that Manziel wanted to go there, but Mack offered him...as a SAFETY.

The OP lost all credibility when he bragged about being a darksider, but had no problem with Hooty. Yes, Broyles was pushed out, but I doubt this guy had anything to do with it.

I don't know if there is a Manziel on our horizon to change our fortunes, but to expect a winning season with this drastic seachange and glaring lack of talent at some positions, such a totally different way of doing things was just not realistic. Not in today's SEC.

I picked 6-6, by the way. I don't think 6 wins is doable now. 4, 5 at most is much more likely and this team could finish 3-9. Like Awbarn last year.

St. Gus had the advantage of knowing most of the players he inherited having recruited many and he certainly knew the SEC better than BB did coming in. With a few impact recruits and improvements from returning players, this could and hopefully will be a much better team in 2014.

An SEC schedule is NEVER easy, but the schedule lets up a little as well. Manziel will probably be gone. McCarron, Mettenberger and Murray, all on our 2014 slate, will be gone for sure.

When your program is down, it seems as if all your opponents have experienced QBs and you don't. I don't know if BA will be the guy in 2014, but Mettenberger was about as bad last year as he's been good in 2013.
Making fun of Hootie since 2003

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: NorthDallas40 on October 12, 2013, 06:28:47 pm
LOL, you are delusional.
And what is so great about it, is that most here will agree with you.
Bless your heart.
Come on guys, surely you know Jamie.....
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

LZH

Quote from: the END. on October 12, 2013, 08:13:16 pm
I'm sorry. I don't know what that means? Unless you're calling me an oyster. Is pearl an insult here?

Beverly Hillbillies reference.  Pearl was the sister of Jed (or maybe Granny, can't remember for sure).  Just thought I'd clear that up.