Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Have we EVER...

Started by greenEGnHAWGS, February 20, 2018, 10:24:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

greenEGnHAWGS

...lost a game and didn't knee jerk react as if the sky is falling...in any sport...?

This is a semi-legit question. We lost to a team packed with 5*s who actually played well and it's the end of the world. If we DO miss the tourney, then I'll not be happy...but can't we wait til then before piss on our own team?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

PygmalionEffect2

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 20, 2018, 10:24:27 pm
...lost a game and didn't knee jerk react as if the sky is falling...in any sport...?

This is a semi-legit question. We lost to a team packed with 5*s who actually played well and it's the end of the world. If we DO miss the tourney, then I'll not be happy...but can't we wait til then before piss on our own team?

semi-legit as in rhetorical?
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

HeyHogs

Excuses.  There are none.

LR_Matt

Worst UK team since 2013 and we can't win at home on a semi-up year....

hogsanity

Have we ever beaten a cellar dweller and not proclaimed Mike the GOAT of college coaches?

Seriously it is not knee jerk when they lose to KY the same way they seem to lose to every team they lose to. Poor defensive rebounding, poor shot selection, and giving up 20+ layups.

Come n on a 4 game win streak, jump out 11-0 and end up losing by 15.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

razorpimp

Do you see a problem with playing a style that fit right into the hands of Kentucky?  They like playing uptempo...

These 5 stars lost to Vandy, SC, Mizz, etc we should have won at home if we were an above average team

TheEnemy

Gone are the days when we discussed how deep we would go.  Now we just hope to make the tourney with making the 2nd round being a success.   :'(

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: LR_Matt on February 20, 2018, 10:26:56 pm
Worst UK team since 2013 and we can't win at home on a semi-up year....
is Kentucky really that bad or is the SEC just a dogfight this year? They lost to Kansas by 4 on the road and beat UWV on the road OOC
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: hogsanity on February 20, 2018, 10:27:14 pm
Have we ever beaten a cellar dweller and not proclaimed Mike the GOAT of college coaches?

Seriously it is not knee jerk when they lose to KY the same way they seem to lose to every team they lose to. Poor defensive rebounding, poor shot selection, and giving up 20+ layups.

Come n on a 4 game win streak, jump out 11-0 and end up losing by 15.

Proclaiming mike the GOAT? Get real. Nobody says that and you know it. FCJ praises him and other can give him credit when it's due, but your exaggerations to push your agenda is tiresome. And how many times to did Kentucky lose by this amount? I'll hang up and listen.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Breems

It's no longer knee jerking. We needed that win in a big way.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: razorpimp on February 20, 2018, 10:28:24 pm
Do you see a problem with playing a style that fit right into the hands of Kentucky?  They like playing uptempo...

These 5 stars lost to Vandy, SC, Mizz, etc we should have won at home if we were an above average team

Ha ha...you wanted our team to play slow? Really...? Think about what you're asking for and then come back.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

+1
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

PygmalionEffect2

I think Macon separated himself from Barford.  Macon doesn't lose any effectiveness when NBA talent is on the floor.

Trey Thompson.......
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

hogsanity

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 20, 2018, 10:30:00 pm
Proclaiming mike the GOAT? Get real. Nobody says that and you know it. FCJ praises him and other can give him credit when it's due, but your exaggerations to push your agenda is tiresome. And how many times to did Kentucky lose by this amount? I'll hang up and listen.

I don't care what Ky does unless they are playing the Hogs so I have no idea how many times they lost by that much. 

Mike is A LIABILITY to the program.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

jkstock04

Quote from: Breems on February 20, 2018, 10:30:09 pm
It's no longer knee jerking. We needed that win in a big way.
Really? Unless I'm wrong I don't see it as crippling to our chances of getting to that 9/10 seed. Or am I off there?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hogsanity

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 20, 2018, 10:31:38 pm
Ha ha...you wanted our team to play slow? Really...? Think about what you're asking for and then come back.

For them to actually play team basketball, which of course they will never play under Anderson because he is incapable of coaching that.

rude1

The season is dwindling down, hate to the bearer of bad news to you but coming into the night we were projected as a 9 - 10 seed, so it's not like we are solidly in the tourney. Once again we are left scrambling at the end of the season to get one of the last bids in the tourney to be rewarded with playing a 1 or 2 seed if we are lucky enough to win the first game.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 20, 2018, 10:32:48 pm
Really? Unless I'm wrong I don't see it as crippling to our chances of getting to that 9/10 seed. Or am I off there?

Your not off. Losing to Kentucky is not the end of the world.

code red

26 point swing aww hell no big deal!!  WPS!!!
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

rude1

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 20, 2018, 10:35:06 pm
Your not off. Losing to Kentucky is not the end of the world.
Yeah and some of you will continue to excuse all the way to the NIT if needed. If we can't beat this Ky team at home, where are the wins needed to get into the Big Dance going to come from?

Rbill

My reaction to the loss is calm and contemplative. We came out rolling and let them go on a run to tie it at halftime in a real shootout.

In the 2nd half we slowly got worse and worse and played tighter and tighter and relied more and more on seniors that had very little to do with our recent success. We didn't hit a FG for more than 6 minutes.

If we lost in a close, respectable showing like the first half, I would still feel good about our recent success. Since we lost playing hero ball that dried up with weird substitution decisions, I think I'll allow myself to feel worried.

code red

15 point loss at home.  A@m and Mizzou beaten at home Tonite....I'd say we are in trouble.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

orvillesghost

Seven years of middle of the pack league play and quick tournament exits is not a knee jerk reaction..Not by a long shot

Letsroll1200

They were better tonight. We shouldn't recruit Trey Thompson type players. Regroup and finish strong. Last season Barford would get to the rim but this season he has settled big time. I think he has a big game left in him.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: code red on February 20, 2018, 10:37:55 pm
15 point loss at home.  A@m and Mizzou beaten at home Tonite....I'd say we are in trouble.

Still tied 3rd at 8-7! Big trouble

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: rude1 on February 20, 2018, 10:36:47 pm
Yeah and some of you will continue to excuse all the way much to the NIT if needed. If we can't beat this Ky team at home, where are the wins needed to get into the Big Dance going to come from?

Read first. Type second. I've already said I'll not be happy if we miss the tourney. But we DO have more games against much lesser talent. So I'll wait before I piss on our team.

rude1

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 20, 2018, 10:39:42 pm
Read first. Type second. I've already said I'll not be happy if we miss the tourney. But we DO have more games against much lesser talent. So I'll wait before I piss on our team.
Really? I am not sure you even know  what the schedule is. We are at Bama, home with Auburn, then on the road to Mo. Now where does it get easier at? Two games on the road where we struggle, then the best team of the conference at home. This might be a good time to be concerned if you have watched the same team I have watched all season!!!!!

TheEnemy

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 20, 2018, 10:39:42 pm

I just don't see why we should be happy with where our program is this deep into MA's tenure.  MA just hasn't gotten it done.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: HeyHogs on February 20, 2018, 10:26:06 pm
Excuses.  There are none.

You honestly believe if Barford hits his 20pts per game average we don't win?
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: rude1 on February 20, 2018, 11:02:34 pm
Really? I am not sure you even know  what the schedule is. We are at Bama, home with Auburn, then on the road to Mo. Now where does it get easier at? Two games on the road where we struggle, then the best team of the conference at home. This might be a good time to be concerned if you have watched the same team I have watched all season!!!!!

I invite you to watch Arkansas vs Auburn game in their house from a few weeks ago.  We match up with them much better than Kentucky...heck we're actually the bigger team.

Auburn attempted 20 3's and Arkansas only hit (4) and we still came roaring back.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

rude1

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on February 20, 2018, 11:24:49 pm
You honestly believe if Barford hits his 20pts per game average we don't win?
Give him 8 more for his 20, we lost by 15, the math says they still win. Once again team didn't defend, gave up 87 on their home court.

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: hogsanity on February 20, 2018, 10:32:41 pm
I don't care what Ky does unless they are playing the Hogs so I have no idea how many times they lost by that much. 

Mike is A LIABILITY to the program.
So you're admitting you don't follow college basketball much and then say Mike is a liability.
We got hot early, cooled off, then went cold. An underachieving team had an amazing second half in which they hit their shots and played solid defense. This loss is as much credit to them as it is our fault. Let's win the next 3.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: rude1 on February 20, 2018, 11:28:11 pm
Give him 8 more for his 20, we lost by 15, the math says they still win. Once again team didn't defend, gave up 87 on their home court.

Your correct, but if he scores 20 were not sitting our starter's with 2-3 minute's left (that's a 7pt differential)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

razrbakr1

Are you guys serious or just not very intelligent basketball fans? Losing by 15 at home to a middle of the pack sec team?  Watch the next projections. 
The truth is the Hogs are NOT going to the NCAA Tourney this year.

pigture perfect

Speaking for me, I can rant with the best, but that's all it is. I'll feel better the next day most of the time. I think the issue is compounded when people don't recognize a rant when they see one. They then call names and criticize. Then I feel the immature need to defend myself. It's kind of a viscous cycle. Let's understand that some people will rant. Some people will compound it by drunk ranting, and fussing ensues. So if I say something angry before morning, I ask forgiveness in advance.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

McKdaddy

Quote from: TheEnemy on February 20, 2018, 10:28:41 pm
Gone are the days when we discussed how deep we would go.  Now we just hope to make the tourney with making the 2nd round being a success.   :'(

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

RealHog

We couldn't beat a down year Ky team at BWA with 7 seniors. When do we say that's enough?

McKdaddy

Quote from: orvillesghost on February 20, 2018, 10:38:48 pm
Seven years of middle of the pack league play and quick tournament exits is not a knee jerk reaction..Not by a long shot

Agreed. MA has improved the program in his time, for which I'm thankful, but the plateau has likely occurred.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Letsroll1200

Quote from: razrbakr1 on February 20, 2018, 11:37:59 pm
Are you guys serious or just not very intelligent basketball fans? Losing by 15 at home to a middle of the pack sec team?  Watch the next projections. 
The truth is the Hogs are NOT going to the NCAA Tourney this year.

You are really hoping

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 20, 2018, 10:38:52 pm
They were better tonight. We shouldn't recruit Trey Thompson type players. Regroup and finish strong. Last season Barford would get to the rim but this season he has settled big time. I think he has a big game left in him.
I thought Trey played better than Gafford. When he was in they didn't kill us on the offensive glass and he contested a lot of shots. I agree with Barford he is settling way too much this year.

Athog

I agree. We got beat by a better team of freshman.If we had played above our average we could have won.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: PygmalionEffect2 on February 20, 2018, 10:32:20 pm
I think Macon separated himself from Barford.  Macon doesn't lose any effectiveness when NBA talent is on the floor.

Trey Thompson....... needs to go on a diet

HardCore

Quote from: McKdaddy on February 21, 2018, 01:18:24 am
Agreed. MA has improved the program in his time, for which I'm thankful, but the plateau has likely occurred.

Truth!  This is most likely where we are.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Uberanubis

if we make a 9 seed you might as well call it a day, we have never been successful as an 8/9 seed ever in any year. call me a cry baby but i would rather be in the nit then as an 8/9 seed.
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

Kevin

Agreed. MA has improved the program in his time, for which I’m thankful, but the plateau has likely occurred.

great post
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hogsanity

Quote from: HogFaninMemphis on February 20, 2018, 11:32:16 pm
So you're admitting you don't follow college basketball much and then say Mike is a liability.
We got hot early, cooled off, then went cold. An underachieving team had an amazing second half in which they hit their shots and played solid defense. This loss is as much credit to them as it is our fault. Let's win the next 3.

I said I do not follow KY enough to know how many they have lost by 15.

Your second point though is just what we hear all the time about teams playing the Hogs, not very good shooting team but by golly for some reason against the Hogs they shot really well. Yea, that happens when you get a bunch of layups/dunks and wide open 3's because the coach is incapable of making in game adjustments to stop those things.

hogsanity

Problem is many seem happy with that as long as Mike is on the sideline.

Cotton

Quote from: orvillesghost on February 20, 2018, 10:38:48 pm
This ^^^^
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

cableguy

If we can get a better coach, I am cool wiith firing MIke Anderson. It's inexcusable for him to not change defense. I feel sorry for the seniors that may never beat the Wildcats because the coach refuse to do adjustments. We didn't lose the game because of Cook, but he sure didn't help us. It's inexcusable to sit Bailey on the bench over Cook. It's inexcusable to play Cook over any player except the walkon. This favortism stuff Mike does with players is high schoolish. I am just tired of losing games that we should have won.