Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UK Game Day Predictions

Started by Razorod, February 20, 2018, 06:17:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorod

We'll get UK's A-game as they need a win as badly as we do, but it doesn't matter:

Hogs 82
Cats  78
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Atkinshogfan

Hogs come out on fire and run cats until they can't run anymore!!! Hogs win 88-74

GO

RacinRazorback

Pretty much the same as always, we must shoot the ball well, rebound, value the ball as in limit the turnover, we have to stay out of foul trouble, keep Knox in check, and defend without fouling! I hope we do not let them get off at the 3 pt line! They don't shoot well, but other teams have had huge nights on us that didn't typically shoot well. It most likely comes down to a free throw contest, the team that makes the most probably wins! This a very winnable game for us, gotta take care of business tonite! I predict the Cats 68 Hogs 66! I hope I am wrong, we have been on a roll as of late lets keep it going! WPS!!!

jgphillips3

I'll go Arkansas 79, UK 71.  I can really see the game going either way but I do think we should win.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Mr. Porkleone

razorpimp

Did anyone watch the WV vs UK game?  How did UK beat WV at their place?  That's what makes me nervous

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: razorpimp on February 20, 2018, 07:45:51 am
Did anyone watch the WV vs UK game?  How did UK beat WV at their place?  That's what makes me nervous
they can back from down 20 points
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: razorpimp on February 20, 2018, 07:45:51 am
Same here; Knox lit it up in that game.

We cannot get hammered inside and also have to watch Diallo.

Gut tells me KY wins 81-77 but I'm hoping like hell it's the opposite.

razorpimp

The_Iceman

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

ErykofArkansas

Not going to go against the streak here.  And im going to roll with our average and luck against Kentucky at home, Lets make it 5-1 against them in last 6 home games. And give us win number 20!~  Going for the good guys, and ill even take our average margin of victory for shoots and giggles.

Arkansas 92
Kentucky 75

gmarv54

hogs break a 100 Kentucky breaks 80. 100-84 hogs

ifghog

Kentucky's length is going to make it hard for us to score. All depends on our D tonight. KY 76 AR 67.

bphi11ips

Hogs are shooting well and playing with confidence.  Kentucky will take it straight at Gafford and try and get him in foul trouble.  MA seems to have found a solution, letting his rotation of fours and Thompson do the dirty work against A&M.  Kentucky is not a great free throw shooting team, but Knox, at 76%, is a much better free throw shooter than Tyler Davis.  We would rather not send Knox to the free throw line 17 times. 

In the end Macon, Barford, Beard and Gafford and an emerging group of blue collar forwards should win at home. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Bacon_Bitz

Darious Hall locks down Kevin Knox.

Hogs by 20+

Springfield_MO_Razorback

I had a dream about tonights game. 77-66 HOGS!

Letsroll1200

I think Arkansas wins big tonight.  94 Hogs 79 Cats

Hawg Red

I'm not going to lie, I'm a little nervous about this one. It just feels like there is an energy coming from the Kentucky program now that hasn't been there all season after they snapped out of it and got a win Saturday. Can't quantify it but it just feels like they are about to go on a run and I think we might, sadly, be a part of that. I really hope not. I'm expecting a competitive game but, if I'm being honest, I do think Kentucky will rain on our parade tonight. This isn't a vintage Calipari Wildcat team because he's lost some traction with recruits of late, but they still have an awful lot of talent (much more than we have) and they have a ton of length and athleticism. I cannot tell a lie, Hogville -- I do not feel good about a win tonight for the Hogs. I'm going to say 78-73 Wildcats and hope like hell I'm wrong. I would love, love, love to be wrong because this would be a big win for the Hogs. We're fighting hard to get in that top 3 of the SEC again and I hope we make it because it would be another big turning point for the program to be in the top 3 of the SEC three out of the last 4 seasons, especially in this year's super-tough league.

Not trying to be the bad guy here, just being honest about what I'm feeling. Y'all know I've been wrong before so here's hoping to another one.

tusksincolorado

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

LRhawg926

phadedhawg

This is the first time in over a decade, going into the UK game, I think we can win it.  However, every time I pick the hogs to win we lose and lose we win. So in the spirit of that...

Arkansas 69
Kentucky 76

hogsanity

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

TuCanSam

Hogs 82
Cats 79

win at the free throw line
"SMILE!!!!"
-John L. SMith

Little Lady Back

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on February 20, 2018, 08:32:51 am
Darious Hall locks down Kevin Knox.

Hogs by 20+

Don't know about 20+ but I like it! Go Hogs!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

RazorNick

If we play the same up in your face defense we played against aTm, we will take this one.

Hogs  79
Cats   72

bhogs05

txkhog

Have to shut down penetrating point guard or we lose. If he is allowed to go inside then the throw outs to Knox and others will kill us.

Atlhogfan1

First time playing an unranked Kentucky team since 2013 when they ended up in the NIT.  This is a much better UK team. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

HeyHogs

FineAsSwine

I want us to blow them out in the Bud so I can rewatch Cal's post game presser at least 10 to 12 times.
Hogs up! Covid down!

BDSCT51

I feel like it is time for the kittens to get their due, and in a bad way. MA does NOT put on the brakes and shoves a bit of well deserved bad medicine down slimepari's throat for once!

Hogs 99 little kittens 71. Holmes with an emphatic dagger 3 at the 15 second mark!
Bleeding Razorback Red

Breems

A&M didn't beat us with size and length, nor will UK.

Screw UK. Hogs win 82-70.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Hogball58

Hogs start out hot and never look back. Undefeated the rest of the year. National Championship. Go Hogs

elksnort

Quote from: razorpimp on February 20, 2018, 08:01:51 am
So a little choking by WV? 
WVa plays pretty much the same way our guys do. It looks great when it's working, but it can go stale and let teams back in the game too.

Kentucky is obviously not great thus it is a game that we can win. I guess our defensive rebounding needs to be on point. If they can't shoot to well, then only giving them one shot per trip seems important.

k.c.hawg

It has been a while since I have felt like there was so much riding on a game. With this 4 game stretch coming up, this is pretty much the one we have to have in the sense that UK is playing the worst of anyone left on the schedule. Hogs 77-72.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

010HogFan

Texas A&M is better than Kentucky

Hogs 90
UK 79

elksnort

It's hard to predict the game, but it is easy to predict that a very high percentage of the threads will be about refereeing.

Triple T

HF#1

75-70 Arkansas wins.

Officials will not let this game get beyond a 10pt deficit for Kentucky. It will be clear throughout we are the better team though.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

99toLife

Corkscrew Johnson

This is going to be Bud Walton at its finest. I have been to many games at Rupp and it just doesn't compare to the Bud rocking. Huge advantage.  If we can avoid the early hole, shoot decently from 3, and Beard doesn't take 8 ill-advised shots, we should be in good shape.

I really hope the refs let them play. 

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on February 20, 2018, 12:03:58 pm
This is going to be Bud Walton at its finest. I have been to many games at Rupp and it just doesn't compare to the Bud rocking. Huge advantage.  If we can avoid the early hole, shoot decently from 3, and Beard doesn't take 8 ill-advised shots, we should be in good shape.

I really hope the refs let them play.

Beard needs a few more memories for his senior scrap book. Haha.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Atlhogfan1

Be nice to see Beard be a hero in one of these last 2 games.  He's had a mixed career on and off the court.  Would be good for him to go out with a happy memory.  He and Trey are becoming a rarity in our program. 

code red

I think we are due for a let down.  86-75 cats.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

elksnort

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 20, 2018, 12:11:18 pm
Be nice to see Beard be a hero in one of these last 2 games.  He's had a mixed career on and off the court.  Would be good for him to go out with a happy memory.  He and Trey are becoming a rarity in our program. 
I don't care if it's Arlando Cook with a last second Michael Qualls like dunk to win it, so long as we win it.

alohawg

Good hogs show up 83-67 win
bad hogs show up 79-77 loss
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

99toLife

Quote from: alohawg on February 20, 2018, 03:16:24 pm
Good hogs show up 83-67 win
bad hogs show up 79-77 loss

Definition of a HedgeHog right there.!  ;)