Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wow what an entrance to the event in LR tonight by coach Morris

Started by checkraiser88, February 08, 2018, 11:18:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

February 08, 2018, 11:18:39 pm Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 11:41:20 pm by checkraiser88
Making headlines with the grand entrance! Talked to a recruit on the phone and let him hear the crowd call the hogs! This guy is forreal and knows how to market a program!

http://footballscoop.com/news/chad-morris-makes-grand-entrance/

HogFoo

Quote from: checkraiser88 on February 08, 2018, 11:18:39 pm
Making headlines with the grand entrance! Talked to a recruit on the phone and let him hear the crowed call the hogs! This guy is forreal and knows how to market a program!

http://footballscoop.com/news/chad-morris-makes-grand-entrance/
Yes and that recruit was none other than Dorian Gerald , bigtime DE who is announcing tomorrow at 5pm central time.  Said he'd call him tomorrow.  Also said they had a good class of 16 plus the 1 they have tomorrow.. or something to that effect then changed the wording but it sounded like he let it slip out that Gerald was a Hog to me.  good times!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

NuttinItUp

Cool entrance.

When he gets his helicopter he can make an entrance skydiving out if it, maybe.

PonderinHog

Quote from: NuttinItUp on February 08, 2018, 11:44:26 pm
Cool entrance.

When he gets his helicopter he can make an entrance skydiving out if it, maybe.
Why would anyone jump out of a perfectly good helicopter ???

hobhog

Video board screwed up entrance of coach out of helicopter but overall good.

Introduced all coaches and lots of music/lights/drama. It was cool but seemed a little over cooked. I still enjoyed it. Bar helped.

3kgthog

Too bad he wasn't actually the one rappelling from the rafters. Not that the UA would ever let him take such a risk. Can you imagine our new coach pulling an Owen Hart right into the stage? Not a good look.

The_Iceman

gawntrail

jgphillips3

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on February 09, 2018, 06:46:48 am
Yes, so much so he signed the worst class in the SEC. Bravo.

You must be trolling.  Nobody could be that stupid.  So I'll give you credit for trolling.  Anyone with a lick of sense can see that he did a fine job this year given the circumstances and will judge him on next year's class and beyond when he actually has had time to recruit.  In the meantime, we finally have a coach bringing some excitement back, selling the program and not looking like a bloated, mentally defective buffoon while doing it.

Redhogs

Quote from: jgphillips3 on February 09, 2018, 07:20:09 am
You must be trolling.  Nobody could be that stupid.  So I'll give you credit for trolling.  Anyone with a lick of sense can see that he did a fine job this year given the circumstances and will judge him on next year's class and beyond when he actually has had time to recruit.  In the meantime, we finally have a coach bringing some excitement back, selling the program and not looking like a bloated, mentally defective buffoon while doing it.
Perfect...thanks.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

twistitup

Quote from: jgphillips3 on February 09, 2018, 07:20:09 am

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Snout team

I love the excitement!  I realize if he doesn't win, these type things just become more reason to complain.  But when/if he turns this program around the way I think he can, it is creativity and excitement which could level the playing field a little against the traditional powers.

I know Ole Miss was paying players.  But we all realize they weren't paying all players.  Coach Freeze was a creative and positive force on the recruiting trails.  He won the hearts of recruits and families.  Despite the failure in his life and on his football staff, he knew how to connect with recruits. 

CCM has that same attribute, minus the secret life.
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hoggish1

ricepig

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 09, 2018, 08:12:43 am
Cool event even if it was a stunt double.

You mean that wasn't Coach Morris on the stage??    :)

The NewEra

Regardless of what some of the negative Nancy's on here think, everything Morris does is designed around recruiting.  This will get a lot of play with recruits and that's exactly what the intent was.

Also, that was a brilliant move having Dorian Gerald call into the event to receive a Hog Call.  We need that young man in this signing class.
#1 Ranked JUCO Defensive Recruit in the nation.

wildhogman

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on February 09, 2018, 06:46:48 am
Yes, so much so he signed the worst class in the SEC. Bravo.
Just went back and read though your post. The first page of them anyway. All I can say is, if I was that miserable over the hogs I'd find a new team or give up sports altogether.  Too many things to do out there to just be a miserable person.  Good luck though

Lanny knew right from the start any good sports web needed a lot of idiots to make the board a success.  I don't think Lanny realized the breeding habits of idiots.  They multiply like flies.

elviscat

CBB, could not have done that, the roof would have fallen in.

Pigasaurus

Quote from: 12247 on February 09, 2018, 11:18:19 am
Lanny knew right from the start any good sports web needed a lot of idiots to make the board a success.  I don't think Lanny realized the breeding habits of idiots.  They multiply like flies.
Lol. Idiot proof something and somebody builds a better idiot.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

dcrback

Quote from: pigasaurus on February 09, 2018, 06:42:25 pm
Lol. Idiot proof something and somebody builds a better idiot.

Love it...gotta be the post of the day!!
Life is simpler when you plow around the stumps...and yes, I would have sold guns to the Indians!