Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I have a feeling that this board will be busier than usual

Started by SPAL, January 10, 2018, 11:17:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SPAL

With the football and basketball teams failing to meet expectations, I feel like a lot of eyes will be on the baseball team this season and therefore more folks will be showing up to keep up with them.

More people doesn't mean the spirit of the board will change. Believe that.

Knot2brite

It is what it is....I can be very critical of baseball as well...and there are some question marks I have for this upcoming season
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

SPAL

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 10, 2018, 11:28:01 pm
It is what it is....I can be very critical of baseball as well...and there are some question marks I have for this upcoming season

I feel you. And we are good with criticism if it's channeled properly. You've been around a while. You know what I'm referring to.

BroyledNutts

I'm afraid you're all going to have your hands full ... lots of noobs with a quick trigger finger and a sharp tongue ...

Kevin

just remember the hogs will lose some games. 56 game season.  as I post, I am reminding myself of this fact.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Tony Perkis

I'm not sure I can stomach another underachieving team. I'm all in on the Diamond Hogs this year.

Pig Papi

Quote from: Kevin on January 11, 2018, 07:23:15 am
just remember the hogs will lose some games. 56 game season.  as I post, I am reminding myself of this fact.

When you look at the Friday night starters almost all SEC teams will throw out there, it is going to be a war every weekend.  There is not as much margin for error in baseball as the other sports.  There will be ups and downs....with hopefully a lot more ups.

311Hog

it is wild how competitive every sport is in the SEC.  I am sure if marbles was a D1 sport the SEC would have 8 teams in the top 25.

thebignasty

Quote from: BroyledNutts on January 11, 2018, 12:47:47 am
I'm afraid you're all going to have your hands full ... lots of noobs with a quick trigger finger and a sharp tongue ...

Yep.  They will show up as soon as we trail, every time, too.

TebowHater

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on January 10, 2018, 11:17:42 pm
With the football and basketball teams failing to meet expectations, I feel like a lot of eyes will be on the baseball team this season and therefore more folks will be showing up to keep up with them.

More people doesn't mean the spirit of the board will change. Believe that.

Very true. Baseball is our last hope this year, and if we fail to meet the (nearly) impossibly high expectations of this team, those who have jumped on the bandwagon but don't really understand the sport will surely be voicing their frustration.

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Athletic Department should just throw an un-godly amount of money into the baseball program.  It's the SEC sport that we can realistically excel in!

I am more than willing to become a hardcore baseball school.  To hell with football & basketball and their constant web of lies and disappointments!

DVH is the only coach I can listen to after a loss.  He actually makes sense & tells it like it is without regurgitating coach speak & canned answers.

If I have to hear Mike Anderson say "get better" or "wreak havoc on defense" anymore, I may cut my ears off.

Knot2brite

Quote from: gguillo on January 11, 2018, 05:17:24 pm
Athletic Department should just throw an un-godly amount of money into the baseball program.  It's the SEC sport that we can realistically excel in!

I am more than willing to become a hardcore baseball school.  To hell with football & basketball and their constant web of lies and disappointments!

DVH is the only coach I can listen to after a loss.  He actually makes sense & tells it like it is without regurgitating coach speak & canned answers.

If I have to hear Mike Anderson say "get better" or "wreak havoc on defense" anymore, I may cut my ears off.
When the Hogs lost to Ohio State in the sugar bowl I realized that they will probably never win a championship in football...just way too much to over come....when they fired Nolan and have yet to replace him with a coach that teaches or stresses the fundamentals of defense and offense , I gave up on basketball....but when Arkansas failed to make the NCAA tourney I was outraged and desperate to get the season started again..last year was exciting but still I am excited for more...football and basketball doesn't affect me like that any more
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 12, 2018, 11:37:31 am
When the Hogs lost to Ohio State in the sugar bowl I realized that they will probably never win a championship in football...just way too much to over come....when they fired Nolan and have yet to replace him with a coach that teaches or stresses the fundamentals of defense and offense , I gave up on basketball....but when Arkansas failed to make the NCAA tourney I was outraged and desperate to get the season started again..last year was exciting but still I am excited for more...football and basketball doesn't affect me like that any more

Definitely.  After years & years of "wait til next year" in football, or "Mike just needs his guys" in basketball, I've had it with those sports.  Football is what it is - We were good when the traditional powers (Bama, Auburn, LSU) were down, those powers are all very healthy right now.  Hell, we can't even beat Mizzou!

SPAL

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 12, 2018, 11:37:31 am

Pretty much any feelings as well.

TNhawgfan

The only time i lost my cool in baseball last year was when we blew the 8 run lead against LSU. I have faith in DVH. Basketball, on the other hand, i can't watch a half without my blood pressure going through the roof
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol