Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

24th Ranked Softball Opens SEC Play

Started by gdumont, March 09, 2017, 04:10:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gdumont

Sow’sEar

I'm excited to see them start conference play.  I sure hope they do well.

As good as the SEC is in softball if they can win 6 or 7 games in conference and win most of their remaining non-conference games, they're probably an at large team in the NCAA's....

sw403

It's nice to be ranked again!  I excited for the program.  WPS!!!!

dbhog

Quote from: Lulu Hog on March 09, 2017, 04:30:04 pm
I'm excited to see them start conference play.  I sure hope they do well.

As good as the SEC is in softball if they can win 6 or 7 games in conference and win most of their remaining non-conference games, they're probably an at large team in the NCAA's....

If you are 6-18 in conference play, I don't think you are going to the NCAA tournament.  I am hoping they can approach .500 in conference play. 

psycHOGlogist

Kentucky went to the tournament 2 years ago with a 5-19 SEC record.

I think they'll be looking up at .500, but they have a chance for post-season depending on which conference games they win. They'll have to win a few against some of the top teams.

Sow’sEar

South Carolina was 7-17 last year and got in....

flippinhogmana

All but one of the SEC teams has a record almost as good as ours and that team (Missouri) was ranked earlier this year.  Its a murders row we face.  Of our remaining games 25 of them are against ranked teams (4 one with OU and 3 with ND are outside conference opponents like we needed extra difficulty).  21 of those games are in conference.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.