Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Joe Kleine tweet

Started by HoggyCat, March 03, 2017, 11:06:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HoggyCat

Doesn't sound to me like it was 100% Dykes' decision.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

razorback44

Of course it wasn't Dykes' decision. He got fired in a polite way like Nutt, Smith, Segrest, Chaney, etc.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

realistichog

Big Joe is letting his friendship pollute his opinion. Dykes had never been a college coach much less a head coach and should have never been hired in the first place. The AD hired a name not a coach.

Breems

Jeff Long wouldn't have fired Dykes. Dykes had former ties to the school, so he was 100% safe until he wanted to retire, am I right?
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

(notOM)Rebel123

Does Joe ever have anything good to say?
How could he think Jimmy had the program going in the right direction?
It's a disaster.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Breems on March 04, 2017, 12:32:37 am
Jeff Long wouldn't have fired Dykes. Dykes had former ties to the school, so he was 100% safe until he wanted to retire, am I right?

Nope
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

(notOM)Rebel123

I don't do Twitter, but curious if anyone disagreed with Joe?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

King Kong

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: King Kong on March 04, 2017, 06:47:20 am
It was sarcasm eluding to the MA situation
there isn't any "MA situation"
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Dominicanhog

tophawg19

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 04, 2017, 08:29:50 am
1 Tournament in 5 years is a '' situation'' since we play in a weak conference . If we were in the ACC , he would have been gone already . That was what Joe was talking about . CBB plays in a NFL DL league and still has 3 straight bowls and recruiting headed the right way . If MA can close the deal at the end of this season with a good run and then sign the kids in November , he deserves another year. Dykes lost the team and families , players , and assistants didn't care for him . He was on a power trip and it brought him down
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

ricepig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 04, 2017, 06:17:52 am
Does Joe ever have anything good to say?
How could he think Jimmy had the program going in the right direction?
It's a disaster.

Maybe the other coaches didn't like his BBQ as well....

Porked Tongue

Joe has become tiresome.

Even today Bo is retweeting things so him and Jimmy can stay in good terms.

ricepig

Quote from: Porked Tongue on March 04, 2017, 08:52:57 am
Joe has become tiresome.

So, Kurt and Jimmy won't be pals?

Porked Tongue

You have to figure Jimmy ends up in broadcasting.  If so, he'll be on Bo's show in that capacity.

ricepig

Quote from: Porked Tongue on March 04, 2017, 08:55:17 am
You have to figure Jimmy ends up in broadcasting.  If so, he'll be on Bo's show in that capacity.

He's tired of that, didn't you read Monday's article?

tophawg19

Quote from: Porked Tongue on March 04, 2017, 08:52:57 am
Joe has become tiresome.

maybe Bo likes BBQ

tophawg19

Quote from: ricepig on March 04, 2017, 08:57:25 am
He also thought he was still coach . Things and perspective change quickly

Porked Tongue

Quote from: ricepig on March 04, 2017, 08:57:25 am
The autobiographical pressor?

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Amityvillehogger

Always heard the saying from coaches that it's about the Jimmys & Joes.... until now. :D
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

HiggiePiggy

Someone needs to post his record and sec record. He did a bad job of coaching.  Any AD that continues to let a guy coach that bad just because they have ties to the UA should be fired. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

I hope he goes back to ESPN. I enjoyed the games that he used to call.
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

Arazorbackguy1

Joe needs to focus his efforts on improving Corky's food. 
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

GuvHog

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on March 04, 2017, 10:12:56 am
Joe needs to focus his efforts on improving Corky's food. 

I disagree. Joe Kleine needs to be on Mike Anderson's staff coaching the big men.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

HogBreath

Quote from: GuvHog on March 04, 2017, 10:58:24 am
I disagree. Joe Kleine needs to be on Mike Anderson's staff coaching the big men.
I don't believe it wise to devote an assistant for only 1, at most 2 players each season.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

fineswine

Quote from: OS2 (SW) Razor Back on March 04, 2017, 09:37:44 am
I hope he goes back to ESPN. I enjoyed the games that he used to call.
Didn't he always say "Share the sugar" about 200x/game. He got annoying.

NuttinItUp

As nice of a guy as Dykes is, I had hoped he had just stepped aside "for the good of the program", but that sounds like it may not have been the case.

daprospecta

Quote from: tophawg19 on March 04, 2017, 08:47:09 am
1 Tournament in 5 years is a '' situation'' since we play in a weak conference . If we were in the ACC , he would have been gone already . That was what Joe was talking about . CBB plays in a NFL DL league and still has 3 straight bowls and recruiting headed the right way . If MA can close the deal at the end of this season with a good run and then sign the kids in November , he deserves another year. Dykes lost the team and families , players , and assistants didn't care for him . He was on a power trip and it brought him down

It's not hard to make a bowl game.  CBB does not have us going in the right direction. Our team quit on several occasions.  It's one thing to lose to a better team but I can't get behind quitting. That mentality is allowed by the coaching staff.  If next season is similar to last season, CBB may be fired.

Atlhogfan1

At least with Jimmy he gave us something definitive.  Failed so change happened.  Didn't piddle along indefinitely with good enough.  Sec women's basketball deep and good enough to expose failure. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ShadowHawg

Quote from: tophawg19 on March 04, 2017, 08:47:09 am

Bowl games are not even close to the equivalent of making the tournament.

And Joe Klein had no respect for Nolan either. Klein can shove it, IMO and he was one of my hog heroes growing up.

Hogs958

HamIAm

Quote from: realistichog on March 03, 2017, 11:42:23 pm
Big Joe is letting his friendship pollute his opinion. Dykes had never been a college coach much less a head coach and should have never been hired in the first place. The AD hired a name not a coach.

Do you mean never a college head coach?  He was assistant at Arkansas, Sacramento State, Appalachian State, Kentucky, UALR and Oklahoma State.

HoggyCat

Quote from: daprospecta on March 04, 2017, 01:07:25 pm
It's not hard to make a bowl game.  CBB does not have us going in the right direction. Our team quit on several occasions.  It's one thing to lose to a better team but I can't get behind quitting. That mentality is allowed by the coaching staff.  If next season is similar to last season, CBB may be fired.

Exactly.  MSU went to a bowl at 5-7.  I can't fathom why people are still up Ernie's roommate' cavern. I started this thread because I knew it would draw out a bunch of two faced huggers. "He was bad". "Going the wrong direction". Look at his record & sec record".

Why does one get fired after THREE years and another is still getting a pass??

King Kong

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 04, 2017, 08:29:50 am

Explaining the post. No reason to get pissy at me

hoglady

Dykes got treated as fair as any coach could possibly expect - considering his coaching ability.
Don't know why Joe thinks he didn't get a fair shake - good lord just look at Dykes record, the assistant coach turnover and the players who have left the program.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

PonderinHog

Looks like Joe flopped again...

ricepig

Quote from: HoggyCat on March 04, 2017, 02:26:30 pm
Exactly.  MSU went to a bowl at 5-7.  I can't fathom why people are still up Ernie's roommate' cavern. I started this thread because I knew it would draw out a bunch of two faced huggers. "He was bad". "Going the wrong direction". Look at his record & sec record".

Because he had lost the team, they were down to 8 players, 2 others were/are still transferring, and he's signed one player for next year. 4 assistant coaches have left in three years because he doesn't allow anyone else to coach, much less talk at practice, or during a game. Yeah, the two situations aren't/weren't comparable at all. To top all of that, what few major boosters there were for the women's team were very unhappy with the national anthem debacle.

HoggyCat

Quote from: ricepig on March 04, 2017, 03:40:06 pm
Because he had lost the team, they were down to 8 players, 2 others were/are still transferring, and he's signed one player for next year. 4 assistant coaches have left in three years because he doesn't allow anyone else to coach, much less talk at practice, or during a game. Yeah, the two situations aren't/weren't comparable at all. To top all of that, what few major boosters there were for the women's team were very unhappy with the national anthem debacle.

How many assistants has Bielema lost??  How do we know he's not letting them coach?? Multiple years, multiple different assistants, same results. Think about it.

How has Bielema's recruiting fared? He, in 5 signing classes, hadn't signed a full class on signing day.

Talk about losing the team.....  I have a friend that was behind the bench at the bowl game. There was arguing, pushing & shoving and cussing each other amongst the players. And coughed would just walk right by. Not to mention the Sprinkle debacle at the bowl sponsored store and Waffle House slitting in a guy's face and using a racial slur.

So yeah, they're very much comparable, if you take off your hog colored glasses.

The ONLY difference would be the national anthem debacle, which Jeffi fully supported if you recall. To fire Dykes overvthat would establish him as a two faced liar.

Oh wait, he's already done that.

HiggiePiggy

Well the 12-18 followed by 13-17 isn't really comparable to 3 winning seasons in a row, but I guess it's close.......
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

tophawg19

Quote from: HoggyCat on March 04, 2017, 02:26:30 pm

one plays in the sec west . against constant top 25 teams . and most years the national championship team . SEC basketball is Kentucky and then the rest of us . that would be like sticking our bball team in the ACC and then see how we did

tophawg19

Quote from: ricepig on March 04, 2017, 03:40:06 pm
that summed it up completely Fans, players , assistants and boosters were uphappy and showed it in attendance

snoblind

Quote from: tophawg19 on March 04, 2017, 04:19:11 pm
one plays in the sec west . against constant top 25 teams . and most years the national championship team . SEC basketball is Kentucky and then the rest of us . that would be like sticking our bball team in the ACC and then see how we did

Well, to be fair the comparison would be women's basketball not men's.  So I guess it would be the rest of them and then us for the ladies.

tophawg19

Quote from: snoblind on March 04, 2017, 04:27:21 pm
Well, to be fair the comparison would be women's basketball not men's.  So I guess it would be the rest of them and then us for the ladies.
but we were so close to beating them all. we had more close losses than anyone in bball history -J Dykes

hawgfan4life

I am not a Dykes fan.  I wanted to throw stuff at my TV every game he announced and I have zero respect for him when he was at Shiloh.  He had a shot and he failed.  Bye bye!

snoblind

Quote from: tophawg19 on March 04, 2017, 04:29:32 pm
but we were so close to beating them all. we had more close losses than anyone in bball history -J Dykes

Too bad he wasn't coaching horseshoes.

ricepig

Quote from: HoggyCat on March 04, 2017, 04:07:41 pm
How many assistants has Bielema lost??  How do we know he's not letting them coach?? Multiple years, multiple different assistants, same results. Think about it.

How has Bielema's recruiting fared? He, in 5 signing classes, hadn't signed a full class on signing day.

Talk about losing the team.....  I have a friend that was behind the bench at the bowl game. There was arguing, pushing & shoving and cussing each other amongst the players. And coughed would just walk right by. Not to mention the Sprinkle debacle at the bowl sponsored store and Waffle House slitting in a guy's face and using a racial slur.

So yeah, they're very much comparable, if you take off your hog colored glasses.

The ONLY difference would be the national anthem debacle, which Jeffi fully supported if you recall. To fire Dykes overvthat would establish him as a two faced liar.

Were we ever in doubt of having enough football players to play? I bet you were one of those crying that the head coach wasn't coaching in the game, so which is it, is he letting them coach or not? I sat behind the bench, I didn't see any of that, if you've got proof, please go ahead on post it.

So, no, no comparison.

HawgTide

Quote from: HoggyCat on March 04, 2017, 04:07:41 pm

What a load of crap.... Keep digging that hole

tophawg19

Quote from: snoblind on March 04, 2017, 04:40:15 pm
Too bad he wasn't coaching horseshoes.
Do we have a horse shoe team? he could be reassigned

PonderinHog

Quote from: tncbg on March 04, 2017, 04:56:39 pm
Perhaps Jimmy's record was hurting revenue...oh yea, there is no revenue.
He damn near killed a program that was already on life support and he did it rather quickly.  If that's what you want, then he's your man!