Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Sec and their refs are a freaking joke.we had no chance

Started by forrest city joe, March 01, 2017, 08:07:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngsta71701

Quote from: cityhog on March 02, 2017, 09:53:23 am
I know, right? Probably cost too much money to replace all the #fastest40 crap everywhere
You can play zone and still push the tempo and play fast. I think we have proven that. I believe Mike has enough since to notice that as well. Florida drove around us when we played man and they also knocked down those corner 3's and wing 3's when we played zone. They had an answer every time we made a run. Give them credit. They played a smart game and broke down our defense no matter what we played. And they made it hard for us on offense contesting pretty much everything we did.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

azhog10

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on March 02, 2017, 02:12:01 pm
You can still play zone and play fast. I think we have proven that.
We have, and even last night we had a few buckets where we pushed off a miss and got an easy one. I agree we shouldn't have played man, but I know as a coach you want your guys to persevere. At some point in the tourney we are going to have to play man, and you obviously want to be able to play it well....Right now we just don't. It's a combination of the players we have and also the coach and how they choose to handle ball screens. I don't think it will happen but I hope Mike rides with the zone defense and uses the man here and there for a possession or two out of timeout. Even if we get scored on, it at least gets people out of their rhythm of their zone o.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Jim Harris on March 02, 2017, 01:31:17 pm
Could have and should have shot 16 more free throws than them. Official was so slow on one whistle that favored Arkansas, even the announcers wondered why it was late, when Dusty got mauled on a drive to the basketball.
Arkansas drove to the basket more, they should have been fouled more and they were. That's why they shot 8 more free throws. Florida is mostly perimeter, but they also do a great job of breaking down the defense and getting offside layups, and Arkansas's style of defense plays into that as well.
Florida was the better, quicker team. But there were four calls (the MK foul, two noncharge calls, one defensive block call) that, while I don't think they were "intentional to screw Arkansas" as a lot of people tend to say on here, came at the right time for Florida that probably ended up being a total 9-point swing in the last 10 or so minutes of the game. That's still not enough to overcome a 13-point deficit, but they were momentum calls when the Hogs seemed on the verge of doing what they'd done at Tennessee, A&M, at Vandy.
Again, Florida has a few more, better basketball players than Arkansas and was at home. That was the biggest difference. They didn't beat Kentucky by 20 at home for nothing.
But that said, I don't see how someone with eyes and five minutes to look at the thing could look at Kingsley's turn, jump (straight up) and shoot and call and offensive foul on him against a defender who is arm-barring him and crowding him on the turn. Kingsley has the right to go straight up and if his non-extended elbow hits the crowder in the nose or mouth, that's NOT on Kingsley.
Thank you Jim! I've been trying to get some of these hog fans to realize how a point swing works. You make a bad call on Kingsley on one end that takes away 2 points then you make a back call on the other end that results in 2 points for Florida (just an example) that one bad exchange by the refs equal a 4 point swing. Three of those and you have a 12 point swing just like that. It happens more often than you might think. Doesn't seem like much huh? But trust me, it's a big deal.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: azhog10 on March 02, 2017, 02:16:55 pm
We have, and even last night we had a few buckets where we pushed off a miss and got an easy one. I agree we shouldn't have played man, but I know as a coach you want your guys to persevere. At some point in the tourney we are going to have to play man, and you obviously want to be able to play it well....Right now we just don't. It's a combination of the players we have and also the coach and how they choose to handle ball screens. I don't think it will happen but I hope Mike rides with the zone defense and uses the man here and there for a possession or two out of timeout. Even if we get scored on, it at least gets people out of their rhythm of their zone o.
Personally, from what I've seen from this team I would like us to play zone until the other team figures it out and starts to torch us. Play it until it's broke and if it ain't broke don't fix it. If we come across a team that shoots 3's well but are much slower than us (Vandy's athleticism is underrated) then it might be best for us to play more in your face man.

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: azhog10 on March 02, 2017, 02:09:23 pm
It's the norm and you guys would still complain if we lost to the Warriors.

Well hell yes! After all, Durant is out!!

Timfromlittlerockhog

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on March 02, 2017, 01:43:16 pm
Thanks, my apologies for the flawed question.

No need for an apology. We kept it close considering the way it was called in the end. Had they been allowed to shoot open three's I don't think it would have been as close. I think , unfortunately, with this years team Mike is still having to pick his poison. Most of our talent is young and they still have a long way to go defensively. And some of our older talent has overachieved. The loss of Moses could be addition by subtraction AND I don't believe that Tech would have ever got this much production out of DH.

Sometimes Mike is a victim of his own success. And yes I know its year 6. But last year was an anomaly.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on March 02, 2017, 02:27:01 pm
Thank you Jim! I've been trying to get some of these hog fans to realize how a point swing works. You make a bad call on Kingsley on one end that takes away 2 points then you make a back call on the other end that results in 2 points for Florida (just an example) that one bad exchange by the refs equal a 4 point swing. Three of those and you have a 12 point swing just like that. It happens more often than you might think. Doesn't seem like much huh? But trust me, it's a big deal.

Good post. I have officiated and there were some very uneven calls especially when it came to the block-charge calls. Every one of them went Florida's way. Also when we were getting close they wouldn't make a call when Barford went to the hole and then called a weak ass call bailing out the Florida player that was out of control. Calls made a difference for Florida. They might very well be a lot better like a lot of you are saying? I would like to play them and get an even called game. Unless Mike really steps up when these refs start this we won't get calls.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: rob99SS on March 01, 2017, 09:44:12 pm
Why does it feel like a few "hog fans" in this thread want the basketball team to lose? Jesus Christ.
I agree don't understand the thinking? To me it's obvious that Mike is close to winning at a high level why would people want to start over? I don't get it at all. This is not a John Pelphrey type guy. I just say get into the NCAA and keep recruiting. Mike could turn this into  a great run. It is a very few I am involved with Hogfans every day and almost all of them are wanting Mike to win.

rude1

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on March 02, 2017, 06:50:34 am
You should watch the game maybe rewind 7 or so calls. Start with the Thompson foul. They watched it on replay and still took away the basket and also charged him with a foul. That call alone tells the story. There were a lot of calls Florida was allowed to be very aggressive fouled Barford repeatedly on his way to the basket rode him like a horse. How many FTs did Barford shoot?
No harm done in that loss. Beat Georgia!
So when you rewinded, did you only look for missed calls against Ar. or did you look for missed calls both ways? And it was Moses they hit with the foul.

fineswine

Quote from: rude1 on March 02, 2017, 05:56:15 am
You shoot 8 more free throws, you get called for 1 more foul, you are on the road, this probably shouldn't be the game you circle to prove your conspiracy SEC officiating bias against our beloved Hogs....................
That's enough with logical statements. For goodness sake, this is a FCJ thread.

forrest city joe

Quote from: fineswine on March 02, 2017, 05:47:29 pm
That's enough with logical statements. For goodness sake, this is a FCJ thread.
You haters can keep hoping we lose so Mike will be fired. it's over. he is not getting fired this year no matter how this season ends.so you may as well start pulling for the Hogs to win again.those refs sucked last night. they flat out cheated Arkansas out of a chance to win that game.and only you fire Mike Anderson folks can't see it. you failed in your fire Anderson effort.move on.

rude1

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 02, 2017, 06:00:36 pm
You haters can keep hoping we lose so Mike will be fired. it's over. he is not getting fired this year no matter how this season ends.so you may as well start pulling for the Hogs to win again.those refs sucked last night. they flat out cheated Arkansas out of a chance to win that game.and only you fire Mike Anderson folks can't see it. you failed in your fire Anderson effort.move on.
Joe I know it is hard but try to objective. We were on the road, we shot 8 more free throws, only got called for 1 more foul. Were you expecting a 50 free throw shooting night for us? Funny thing is, had Fl. lost that game, their fans would have sworn those same officials gave us the game by parading us to the free throw line..............

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: rude1 on March 02, 2017, 06:04:14 pm
Joe I know it is hard but try to objective. We were on the road, we shot 8 more free throws, only got called for 1 more foul. Were you expecting a 50 free throw shooting night for us? Funny thing is, had Fl. lost that game, their fans would have sworn those same officials gave us the game by parading us to the free throw line..............
Honestly you don't know the game. You just repeat things over and over.  Officials made a difference in the Florida game.

forrest city joe

Quote from: rude1 on March 02, 2017, 06:04:14 pm
That is not the point.every key call at every key point in this game was given to FL. giving us a few garbage calls when they know they have put the game out of reach won't cut it. those refs were pure garbage.if i had the power i would fire all 3 of those cheating bums.they flat out suck!

Captain Morgan

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 02, 2017, 06:25:26 pm
That is not the point.every key call at every key point in this game was given to FL. giving us a few garbage calls when they know they have put the game out of reach won't cut it. those refs were pure garbage.if i had the power i would fire all 3 of those cheating bums.they flat out suck!

FCJ give up on the refs. Last time Arkansas won at Florida in 95 hardly any of these kids were born. Florida is simply faster, more talented and better coached. The referee excuse is a bogus one. Give it up joe ;)

The OTR

I hate it when you beat around the bush and don't say what you mean and mean what you say. I think I speak for everyone in saying that.

I watched the game. Didn't notice anything too one sided.  Seems like a few bad calls both ways, which is usually the case.  I do think they were better than us last night.  I don't know that the refs were the reason we lost.  Seems like from everything I've read the statistics (d### lies) show that there wasn't really a big disparity in fouls called or free throws. 

But what do I know?  I'm going to side with Joe on this one.  Cheating SEC refs cost us a game we had in the bag.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Captain Morgan on March 02, 2017, 06:31:21 pm
FCJ give up on the refs. Last time Arkansas won at Florida in 95 hardly any of these kids were born. Florida is simply faster, more talented and better coached. The referee excuse is a bogus one. Give it up joe ;)
I will never give it up.1995 has nothing to do with this garbage BS i watched last night from these refs.Mike is not getting fired,and that pisses you off.admit it.that's why you think these slime ball refs did just fine. they were a disgrace.i would fire all 3 of them.

Next to zero effort by the Hog on O and D in the first half allowed two major things to happen.  1.  It allowed Fla to play with ease and still be up by, I believe 13 at the half.  2.  It allowed the Refs to call a fairly decent game up to the half.

The second half, some of the Hogs came out to play the damn game of basketball.  Barford mostly decided he had enough standing around in the first half.  Others played from time to time in the second half.  We worked it down to where the refs had to intervene or the home team might lose.  So the refs got busy.  It was the refs job to assure our loss, which they did.  We likely lose anyway as FLA was better than us but we were handing it to them in the fourth pretty good.  If we get it down to 3 points, maybe we would all quit standing around at the same time and actually look and be like a 5 player team. 

As for Officials, the SEC has some unspoken rules:  1.  Short of committing murder, don't let a rent a win beat an SEC team at home.  2.  Always protect the #1 and #2 conference teams in BB and FB. 3.  If all else is equal, never let a home team lose in a conference game unless the visiting team in ranked #1 or #2 in conference. These are nearly set in stone rules.

AlmaHog2011

Anybody who knows anything about the game would know that every key call went against Arkansas. We actually took 3 charges that they wouldn't call. But they had no problem calling us for a charge. I fully support your message FCJ! Give these idiots hell!

rude1

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on March 02, 2017, 06:15:49 pm
Honestly you don't know the game. You just repeat things over and over.  Officials made a difference in the Florida game.
You both don't know the game and neither are you objective. How many steals did Barford make with contact while digging the ball out? I guess you guys conveniently forget how the gator fans were screaming for fouls because there was contact. But go back to your delusional worlds were officials meet before every game to figure out how to stick it to an unranked 4th place Arkansas team for whatever reason.

BallHog1

Quote from: rude1 on March 02, 2017, 07:57:02 pm
You both don't know the game and neither are you objective. How many steals did Barford make with contact while digging the ball out? I guess you guys conveniently forget how the gator fans were screaming for fouls because there was contact. But go back to your delusional worlds were officials meet before every game to figure out how to stick it to an unranked 4th place Arkansas team for whatever reason.
So tell us, how many times did Barford make contact stealing the ball, and by all means follow up with how you know that but nobody else does.
Now, as for the offensive foul on Kingsley, we all saw that multiple times...in slow motion.. and it was bs.  The apparent fact that the same actions are a charge on one end but not the other, is also a little troubling but we won't talk about that either.... you go ahead and defend those refs since you saw Barford get away with a foul that wasn't called....

20gauge

Its not about firing MA. Refs didn't cost us the game. They beat us in every category except for freethrow shooting. do what you tell us supposed haters to do and move on.

I mean seriously some of you guys think we would be undefeated if it wasn't for the refs.

Biggus Piggus

Arkansas is not going to win them all, and I bet MA looked at that game as one where he didn't want any carryover to the finale against Georgia. The one we can't afford to lose is Georgia.
[CENSORED]!

Timfromlittlerockhog

Quote from: 20gauge on March 03, 2017, 08:11:43 am
Its not about firing MA. Refs didn't cost us the game. They beat us in every category except for freethrow shooting. do what you tell us supposed haters to do and move on.

I mean seriously some of you guys think we would be undefeated if it wasn't for the refs.

Well I can't speak for everybody. But I don't believe that we would be undefeated. I would say that we might have had a chance in a few games. Thats all we really expect. A FAIR chance. And yes I know that the world isn't a fair place. But do we have to sit back and watch our team get screwed all the time in our chosen form of escape ? Sure the world isn't fair. But does our entertainment have to screwed up as well ?

If you don't think the ref's put a screw job on the hogs against florida you were either not watching the game, don't know the game, or you are one of those people who try so hard to be objective that you can't see the forrest for the trees.

20gauge

Quote from: Timfromlittlerockhog on March 03, 2017, 08:41:52 am
Well I can't speak for everybody. But I don't believe that we would be undefeated. I would say that we might have had a chance in a few games. Thats all we really expect. A FAIR chance. And yes I know that the world isn't a fair place. But do we have to sit back and watch our team get screwed all the time in our chosen form of escape ? Sure the world isn't fair. But does our entertainment have to screwed up as well ?

If you don't think the ref's put a screw job on the hogs against florida you were either not watching the game, don't know the game, or you are one of those people who try so hard to be objective that you can't see the forrest for the trees.
Im just tired of hearing it. Its every darn game. Shooting 35% had nothing to do with us losing. Digging a 16 point deficit again had nothing to do with us losing. So tell me again who doesn't know anything about the game. Bad calls should be expected, happens in every game. Did we get some bad calls absolutely. But how about we play better first before we blame someone else for a loss.

Just maybe if we quit starting slow in every darn game that might help. Its the narrative of its not the Hogs fault they lost or the coaches fault, someone else caused them to lose and that's bull.

Again quit digging huge holes to start the game, has happened all stinking year for the most part. Until we play our best game against a good team there is no one to blame but ourselves. This victim mentality is pitiful. And if you don't want to see that the main reason we lost is that we didn't play good enough then you are more worried about MA than you are about our actual team play. Forrest/trees

BallHog1

Quote from: 20gauge on March 03, 2017, 08:11:43 am

I don't think we'd be undefeated and I'm not really that bothered by this loss or any loss for that matter. I think SEC officiating is a joke.  I think its a joke for all the teams other than Kentucky and sometimes Florida.
Forget about the Razorback game, look at the Kentucky-Vanderbilt game. Vandy gets called for "offensive fouls" where the dribbler pushes off the defender. Been going on since the beginning of time, but this year they've decided to call it. Ok, that's fine. They hit Vandy for this at least three of four times, on the other end, Monk is allowed to hook his arm around the front of the defender and push him behind himself over and over...no call. Its bs.

hogsanity

Quote from: Jim Harris on March 02, 2017, 01:40:34 pm
Maybe Hogsanity can chime in here because I've long since forgotten a lot of the signals officials use now, but on the first block that was a charge call, it appeared the official who called it pointed at the circle as if he was saying Thomas (I believe it was DT) was inside the circle or on the circle when he took the charge, therefore making it a block. But he was clearly outside the circle on contact. Just a blown call. The next one, on Kingsley, was bang-bang and from a Florida perspective or even an objective perspective, perhaps Moses was slightly still sliding under. I thought Thomas easily took a charge that was also called a block on Hogs' end later. These were all the type of calls that squelch momentum on the road and Hogs seemed to have it. At least Barford did on the offensive end.
Trey Thompson also got called for a push off on a defensive rebound that had nothing to do with the rebound, the one Beard ran down in the corner. Sirmons called that one as well as the block on Kingsley. I don't think he's very good, but watch, he'll probably be one of the three calling the NCAA title game, along with John Higgins, who was so bad at Oklahoma State vs. Hogs in the first half.

We do not have the restricted space in HS, so I am not totally familiar with the mechanics of that call, but the covering official definitely pointed to what looked like the restricted line. On the one on Kingsley, the covering official indicated Moses slid underneath, and as you said it was bang-bang.

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

LZH

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on March 02, 2017, 01:03:55 pm
TBH LZH, I didn't see the game.  If you refer to my above quote, you'll see that I'm condemning false, "take it like a man" statements.
Of course officiating has an effect on a game.  If enough biased calls take place the outcome of the game is changed or sealed.  Even one call at the right time can doom a team.
I simply am tired of ridiculous comparisons like the one I called out, and the willful ignorance of how officiating, especially in b-ball, affects a game.

Lastly, I missed the game because I forgot, a symptom of no longer caring the way I did, a separate issue.

Well you and I everyone else just wants the program to be respectable again and our team to be feared again. The difference between us and the Mike Anderson > The Program crowd is they will accept average basketball just to keep a particular coach on the hill. That is something I just can't understand.

I have lost a lot of interest in college basketball solely because I have long since grown weary of seeing us loaf, get blown out, and come up short of our potential over and over.

GuvHog

Quote from: LZH on March 03, 2017, 10:28:46 am
Well you and I everyone else just wants the program to be respectable again and our team to be feared again. The difference between us and the Mike Anderson > The Program crowd is they will accept average basketball just to keep a particular coach on the hill. That is something I just can't understand.

I have lost a lot of interest in college basketball solely because I have long since grown weary of seeing us loaf, get blown out, and come up short of our potential over and over.

You make a good point here. For me it isn't about the Head Coach, it's about the team. As long as the team is winning, I don't care who the head coach is. Winning, being competitive, being relevant, and being feared nationally is all that matters. There are actually those on here who have openly admitted that they would strongly support keeping Mike Anderson even if the Hogs had lost every game they played this year (thank goodness they are doing very well) and that type of thinking is totally unacceptable. I like Mike and I'm thrilled that his Hogs are having a good season but as I said It's the team that really matters. I made the mistake of supporting a coach over what's best for the program once before (Houston Nutt) and I won't make that mistake again.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

AlmaHog2011

GuvHog

Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Timfromlittlerockhog

Quote from: 20gauge on March 03, 2017, 08:54:41 am
Im just tired of hearing it. Its every darn game. Shooting 35% had nothing to do with us losing. Digging a 16 point deficit again had nothing to do with us losing. So tell me again who doesn't know anything about the game. Bad calls should be expected, happens in every game. Did we get some bad calls absolutely. But how about we play better first before we blame someone else for a loss.

Just maybe if we quit starting slow in every darn game that might help. Its the narrative of its not the Hogs fault they lost or the coaches fault, someone else caused them to lose and that's bull.

Again quit digging huge holes to start the game, has happened all stinking year for the most part. Until we play our best game against a good team there is no one to blame but ourselves. This victim mentality is pitiful. And if you don't want to see that the main reason we lost is that we didn't play good enough then you are more worried about MA than you are about our actual team play. Forrest/trees

I understand. The constant complaining does get old. But I for one feel like this game warranted some complaints.

Timfromlittlerockhog

Quote from: LZH on March 03, 2017, 10:28:46 am

I'm not sure how we are falling short of our potential. Our program showed steady improvements our record for every season leading up until last year. And last years off the court issues have been well documented. This year we are above 20 wins prior to our last game. A shoe in for the NCAA and still haven't played a game in the SEC tourney. I'd say things are looking up.

The OTR

Quote from: BallHog1 on March 03, 2017, 07:56:46 am
So tell us, how many times did Barford make contact stealing the ball, and by all means follow up with how you know that but nobody else does.
Now, as for the offensive foul on Kingsley, we all saw that multiple times...in slow motion.. and it was bs.  The apparent fact that the same actions are a charge on one end but not the other, is also a little troubling but we won't talk about that either.... you go ahead and defend those refs since you saw Barford get away with a foul that wasn't called....

In the deep recesses of my mind I remember a college class I once had called Logic, a study of inferences, premises, conclusions and arguments (this class prepared me well for Hogville).

Premise:  We only lose basketball games because of cheating refs.

Premise:  We lost the Florida game.

Therefore:  All hog fans who don't believe we lost this game due to cheating refs want Mike Anderson fired.

TexArkHogFan

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 02, 2017, 06:00:36 pm
They must be Democrats.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

Biggus Piggus

The way the SEC mixes and shuffles crews together is the problem. They usually have one big dog, one middling guy, and one who mostly works mid-majors and is here for the check.
[CENSORED]!

logic

Quote from: rob99SS on March 01, 2017, 08:15:40 pm
The SEC protects Florida and UK. Nothing will ever change, sometimes I wish we would leave this damn conference.
Florida and Kentucky does not dictate to the other 12 members what the rules are going be.   Certainly cheating is possible and sometimes happens.  However, the authorities in the Universities and fans don't approve of it. Also, there are videos of every game hundreds of coaches and other experts review the videos and official that cheat will be penalized and, if excessive, banned from officiating in the conference.

Timfromlittlerockhog

Quote from: logic on March 03, 2017, 03:18:39 pm
Florida and Kentucky does not dictate to the other 12 members what the rules are going be.   Certainly cheating is possible and sometimes happens.  However, the authorities in the Universities and fans don't approve of it. Also, there are videos of every game hundreds of coaches and other experts review the videos and official that cheat will be penalized and, if excessive, banned from officiating in the conference.

And to your point hasn't an official from Florida been banned before ? The Arkansas Florida game when Petrino was here comes to mind. We were beating them like a drum. But the refs just kept protecting Florida over and over. Its foolish to think it doesn't happen when the evidence strongly supports the fact that it does.

Timfromlittlerockhog

deserthog

There is a solution for all this "getting hosed by the refs agenda".  Get a better coach, get better players, and become one of the top 2 teams in the conferance. Then we get all the calls!

Timfromlittlerockhog

Quote from: deserthog on March 03, 2017, 05:10:53 pm
There is a solution for all this "getting hosed by the refs agenda".  Get a better coach, get better players, and become one of the top 2 teams in the conferance. Then we get all the calls!

I'd love to say CBB go. Especially if it meant seeing Jeff go and bringing back Bobby. As far as Mike goes he still has potential. Although I wouldn't hate an upgrade. You just can't fire a coach when he makes the NCAA especially when you are keeping a football coach who is lost and clueless.

deserthog

Quote from: Timfromlittlerockhog on March 03, 2017, 05:26:27 pm
I'd love to say CBB go. Especially if it meant seeing Jeff go and bringing back Bobby. As far as Mike goes he still has potential. Although I wouldn't hate an upgrade. You just can't fire a coach when he makes the NCAA especially when you are keeping a football coach who is lost and clueless.

I'm not a Mike-Hater, but if your premier recruits are in-state players (consisting of 4-star players, while the 5-star players go elsewhere) then you are not going to ever be one of the top 2 teams in the conferance.

Timfromlittlerockhog

Quote from: deserthog on March 03, 2017, 05:43:10 pm
I'm not a Mike-Hater, but if your premier recruits are in-state players (consisting of 4-star players, while the 5-star players go elsewhere) then you are not going to ever be one of the top 2 teams in the conferance.

I can't argue with that at all. I just don't think it would look good for us to fire a guy who has us dancing.

deserthog

Quote from: Timfromlittlerockhog on March 03, 2017, 05:53:23 pm
I can't argue with that at all. I just don't think it would look good for us to fire a guy who has us dancing.

I wholeheartedly agree. Mike has earned another year. Sorry about getting off OP topic.

Timfromlittlerockhog

Quote from: deserthog on March 03, 2017, 06:01:53 pm
I wholeheartedly agree. Mike has earned another year. Sorry about getting off OP topic.

ITs cool. We can say the refs suck and also say that we'd like to see recruiting improve. Every time I see K. Allen or M. Monk or that Vandy kid balling out I get ticked. Could you imagine how good our team would have been this year with those three on our team ?

Mike's recruiting has been bad. But it seems to be trending up. Lets hope we can make some tourney runs, Get in and stay in the top 25 and maybe we can attract more top talent.

Captain Morgan

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 02, 2017, 06:48:38 pm
I will never give it up.1995 has nothing to do with this garbage BS i watched last night from these refs.Mike is not getting fired,and that pisses you off.admit it.that's why you think these slime ball refs did just fine. they were a disgrace.i would fire all 3 of them.
The refs? Sounds like another worthless excuse. I don't feel any worse about the team. Florida is just better FCJ. Give up on the refs.  ;)

hogsanity

Quote from: Captain Morgan on March 03, 2017, 06:42:28 pm
The refs? Sounds like another worthless excuse. I don't feel any worse about the team. Florida is just better FCJ. Give up on the refs.  ;)

some even tried to blame the last loss on Thompson and Beard being fat. They would blame God before they would blame Mike.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE