Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dykes resigns

Started by ricepig, March 03, 2017, 04:13:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PORKULATOR

"Resigns".... Uhm.... Yeah.... Okay
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: jgphillips3 on March 04, 2017, 10:57:18 am
Something behind the scenes must have been bad for them to force Jimmy out.  I'll presume that was the reason.  Otherwise, even with two bad years, it seems quick in a non-revenue sport that, frankly, only a very small percentage of the fan base even cares about (rightly or wrongly).  I'm sure the more cynical minded will say it is Long trying to look decisisive in the wake of his continued support of modest results in both major revenue sports.

Behind the scenes, in front of the scenes, in every freaking imaginable scene - the program was a mess.

WBB is a revenue generating sport.

Saying people don't care about it is a chicken-egg question. If the team didn't lose so many games, people would care. They are drawing 14K+ fans a game in Starkville to see a top 5 program, and just about as much in Columbia, SC. If you win, they will come.

Jack The BN

If we ever want this program to be turned around, we just need to bite the bullet, and pony up the money to bring Rick Laweson on board.
I am fully cooperating with this investigation and looking forward to clearing my name