Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dykes resigns

Started by ricepig, March 03, 2017, 04:11:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

psycHOGlogist

ricepig

Scott7703

This needed to be done. Glad long recognized that.

logic

http://5newsonline.com/2017/03/03/jimmy-dykes-resigns-as-arkansas-womens-coach/

According to the Arkansas Democrat/Gazette, "It's unclear whether Dykes, 55, will be owed a buyout of around $750,000. He was under contract through March 2020."

Really, with 98% of the fans that posted on this and other websites wanting him out, I suppose it was psychologically difficult for JD remain.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Will see a lot more criticism/negative facts come out from the media now that he is gone.

[tweet]837793924504829952[/tweet]
[tweet]837793422538846209[/tweet]
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Hogtied85

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on March 03, 2017, 04:50:56 pm
Will see a lot more criticism/negative facts come out from the media now that he is gone.

Interesting Jeff Long said after talking to Dykes that he would step down as Arkansas Women's Basketball coach

Hogtied85

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on March 03, 2017, 04:50:56 pm

Now go out and get Mike Neighbors

John Snow

Why not hire UALr  Joe Foley a proven winner every year .

Ironhawg

Quote from: John Snow on March 03, 2017, 06:20:35 pm
Why not hire UALr  Joe Foley a proven winner every year .

Wonder if that might cause problems, hiring from another school in the UA system?

Dr. Starcs

Love the good ole Arkansas media and how they address all this stuff after the fact.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 03, 2017, 08:18:05 pm
Love the good ole Arkansas media and how they address all this stuff after the fact.
They know who punches their meal ticket.

Westcoasthog

Jeff Long needs to bring back Gary Blair to Arkansas where at that time his
contract was not renewed by the then Womens Athletic Director Bev Lewis and with the help of John White.

hog.goblin

Quote from: Westcoasthog on March 03, 2017, 10:26:50 pm
    Jeff Long needs to bring back Gary Blair to Arkansas where at that time his
contract was not renewed by the then Womens Athletic Director Bev Lewis and with the help of John White.

Gary is 71.  He will wrap up his career in Aggie land.

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: hog.goblin on March 03, 2017, 10:36:16 pm
Gary is 71.  He will wrap up his career in Aggie land.

totally agree

hogman64

That should have been one of the easiest decisions on a firing that Long will ever make.  Dykes deserves an F in every area of measurement of coaching.........You should have to be really bad to be given only 3 years and he was really, really bad.....So bad that it is a reflection on Jeff Long that he was hired in the first place , with John L Smith and Jimmy Dykes on your resume, I would say Long's coach hiring ability is in question.....

Oklahawg

Quote from: hogman64 on March 04, 2017, 09:34:43 am
That should have been one of the easiest decisions on a firing that Long will ever make.  Dykes deserves an F in every area of measurement of coaching.........You should have to be really bad to be given only 3 years and he was really, really bad.....So bad that it is a reflection on Jeff Long that he was hired in the first place , with John L Smith and Jimmy Dykes on your resume, I would say Long's coach hiring ability is in question.....

Good lord.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Boarcephus

His cause wasn't helped when his players staged their protest early in the year and he said he backed their right to do it.  When that happened, and the reaction of the fans, I knew his days were numbered and if he hoped to survive, he had to win this year. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.