Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Frank Martin and game prediction

Started by lutherheggs, February 15, 2017, 10:13:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonteviosk

Quote from: lutherheggs on February 16, 2017, 12:39:38 am
I missed it by a game. The Hogs will get their butt kicked at home by Ole Miss next game. Only thing they are consistent at is their inconsistency.

and you will continue to be a fairwether wannabe fan
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

Artex501

Quote from: lutherheggs on February 15, 2017, 10:13:16 am
Tonight's game is going to be a textbook display on how embarrass a team. The Razorbacks are going to be stripped and clipped by the Gamecocks.

I predict a score of at least 85-60, and likely worse margin than that. 

Martin has the right coaching philosophy: defense, defense, and more defense. He has proved himself at SC, and he would be the best replacement for Anderson at U of A. In other words, he is about as good as Arkansas can attract at this point yet would be light years better than Anderson.

Classic

Sow Lancelot

I missed it by a game. The Hogs will get their butt kicked at home by Ole Miss next game. Only thing they are consistent at is their inconsistency.
👍 I think that answers my question.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Jim Harris

Tonight's game is going to be a textbook display on how embarrass a team. The Razorbacks are going to be stripped and clipped by the Gamecocks.

Martin has the right coaching philosophy: defense, defense, and more defense. He has proved himself at SC, and he would be the best replacement for Anderson at U of A. In other words, he is about as good as Arkansas can attract at this point yet would be light years better than Anderson. 

well played.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Dominicanhog

Quote from: HF#1 on February 15, 2017, 01:49:48 pm
If we play like it is a regular road game, we will get blown out.

looks like we played a regular sec road game... 7-2 in last 9...

redleg

Quote from: redleg on February 15, 2017, 03:10:05 pm
Arkansas gives up 73 ppg, and SC scores 74 ppg.
Arkansas scores 80 ppg, and SC gives up 63 ppg.
I'll say the Hogs get down by at least 13 points in the first half, then chip away at the lead until the buzzer, but fall just short of a comeback W.
SC - 74, Arkansas 72
:razorback:
I'm so glad I was wrong!  :D
But even still...why couldn't they have played like that against Mizzou and Vandy?!!!!!  >:(
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

MrKnowItAll

hog of steele

This is the wrong way to eat crow.

Youngsta71701

Frank Martin should be fired! Effective immediately! No way he should have let his team get upset by the sorry Hogs on their home floor! The audacity! Shame on him! He has to go and he has to go now! :razorback:
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: redleg on February 16, 2017, 07:40:26 am
I'm so glad I was wrong!  :D
But even still...why couldn't they have played like that against Mizzou and Vandy?!!!!!  >:(
Good question. But those games are over. Looks like they might :-\ have it figured out now. Go Hogs!! WooPig!! :razorback:

ballhogger

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 16, 2017, 09:41:56 am
Frank Martin should be fired! Effective immediately! No way he should have let his team get upset by the sorry Hogs on their home floor! The audacity! Shame on him! He has to go and he has to go now! :razorback:

hahahahahaha

sneakybeats

Quote from: sneakybeats on February 15, 2017, 03:59:32 pm
We're due an overtime game.  83-81 Hogs

Well I was off on the overtime and the Cocks point total by 5 points, but got the Razorback point total right.  However, perfection on a message board is not a personal goal for me as long as we win.  How bout those HOGS!!!!???
Nolan started a basketball revolution.

lutherheggs

Fellas, no need to be nasty. I was not in my original post. I simply laid out what I thought would occur. I am not often wrong but I sure missed this one game. You boys make yourselves feel better when you can criticize someone who offers an opinion and is ultimately wrong. Congrats.

GingerHog

February 16, 2017, 11:01:52 am #114 Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 11:34:39 am by GingerHog
Quote from: lutherheggs on February 16, 2017, 10:44:24 am
Fellas, no need to be nasty. I was not in my original post. I simply laid out what I thought would occur. I am not often wrong but I sure missed this one game. You boys make yourselves feel better when you can criticize someone who offers an opinion and is ultimately wrong. Congrats.
When your opinion is consistently "Hogs will get blown out, Hogs will lose by 20+, etc" you are going to receive grief in return when the Hogs prove you wrong and make you look like a negative Nancy. Evidenced by your above post of "Hogs will get blown out at home to Ole Miss", it seems that you are continuing your negativity just to save face just in case the Hogs don't win Saturday. What happens if they beat Ole Miss? Will you then say "A&M is going to kill the Hogs, we are destined for a letdown"? So maybe don't talk trash if you can't admit when you are wrong? Just a thought.

I don't post much, but all the negativity from your posts inspired me to respond. I just think we should all get behind the TEAM, regardless of how you feel about the coach. Reserve the complaints of "CMA should be fired" until after he has a complete body of work for the season. At that point anyone can criticize openly, but at least give CMA and the team a chance to complete their season before making up your mind and hoping they lose to fit your agenda.

I just want to see my Hogs succeed and their fans support them. That is all. I'll get off my soapbox now. Go Hogs and God bless  :razorback:

hawgsalot

Oh don't even play the victim card now!

rwspear

did you assume this was a safe place?

Slater

You got your rebel flag and ole miss gear? Sorry for your loss last night, must be a tough life hating a Coach who wins so much
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

lutherheggs

Quote from: GingerHog on February 16, 2017, 11:01:52 am
When your opinion is consistently "Hogs will get blown out, Hogs will lose by 20+, etc" you are going to receive grief in return when the Hogs prove you wrong and make you look like a negative Nancy. Evidenced by your above post of "Hogs will get blown out at home to Ole Miss", it seems that you are continuing your negativity just to save face just in case the Hogs don't win Saturday. What happens if they beat Ole Miss? Will you then say "A&M is going to kill the Hogs, we are destined for a letdown"? So maybe don't talk trash if you can't admit when you are wrong? Just a thought.

I don't post much, but all the negativity from your posts inspired me to respond. I just think we should all get behind the TEAM, regardless of how you feel about the coach. Reserve the complaints of "CMA should be fired" until after he has a complete body of work for the season. At that point anyone can criticize openly, but at least give CMA and the team a chance to complete their season before making up your mind and hoping they lose to fit your agenda.

I just want to see my Hogs succeed and their fans support them. That is all. I'll get off my soapbox now. Go Hogs and God bless  :razorback:
How many other games have I said the Hogs will lose or get blown out in a loss? I have not been around here very long. You are exaggerating in your own mind based on this single thread.

As for when I will acknowledge that the Hogs can win and will possibly predict a win, that will occur when the Hogs begin to be consistent. They are not consistent at all now. They just beat one of the 2 or 3 best teams in the SEC on the road after having recently lost to the worst team in the SEC AND blown out at home by a mediocre Vandy. That's college sports now I guess.

WSPHOG

This past post I found from lutherheggs is telling.....

pretty much. I obviously enjoy the discussion, the debate, the arguing, the silliness, and the reminiscing. But to say that my life is wrapped up in it, well, I am not a ticket holder, do not attend any games and I only watch a few football games on TV each season and I have not watched more than 3 or 4 basketball games on TV in 15 years.[/size]

Razorback de Nosferatu

I've spent a fair amount of time lately thinking it might be time to move on from Mike Anderson.

But dang.

Anderson's team was the better team last night.

And Martin?

The guy spent most of the game looking like he was kicked back in a recliner, wearing I still don't know what.  Right now, I don't think I'd wanna make the trade.

GuvHog

Hey, I still believe Frank Martin is a great coach which is why I enjoy it so much when the Hogs beat a team coached by him.   ;D ;D
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: WSPHOG on February 16, 2017, 11:53:20 am

pretty much. I obviously enjoy the discussion, the debate, the arguing, the silliness, and the reminiscing. But to say that my life is wrapped up in it, well, I am not a ticket holder, do not attend any games and I only watch a few football games on TV each season and I have not watched more than 3 or 4 basketball games on TV in 15 years.[/size]

Explains a lot.

Birminghog

Quote from: WSPHOG on February 16, 2017, 11:53:20 am

Doooooooooosh

lutherheggs

k.c.hawg

Gotta love the dumbass that whifffffffffffffffs and the first thing he say's is double or nothing.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

lutherheggs

Quote from: k.c.hawg on February 18, 2017, 08:15:41 am
Gotta love the dumbass that whifffffffffffffffs and the first thing he say's is double or nothing.
More immature comments. Grow up.

GoshenHog

In before "I was off by two games, just wait'll A&M rolls us."

Birminghog

Quote from: lutherheggs on February 18, 2017, 07:53:39 am
Typical of immature posters. Thanks.

Now THERE'S a snappy comeback. Well, Luther, I guess no one will confuse you with a prophet. Go ahead, come on back with your clever repartee. On the other hand, just admit you were wrong and move on. We're all wrong from time to time. The difference is, most of us don't make inflated predictions without the data to support it, then try to justify our error by claiming a misreading of the tea leaves. Be a fan. Be happy with the win. Be happy for the kids.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: lutherheggs on February 16, 2017, 11:41:46 am
How many other games have I said the Hogs will lose or get blown out in a loss? I have not been around here very long. You are exaggerating in your own mind based on this single thread.

Twice just in this thread.

hogfooey

Please come back and say you missed it again, and that we will get our butts kicked at home with A&M.  I like guaranteed wins.
If the Hogs are wrong!  I don't want to be right!

HawgnCorona

The Ghost and Mr Chicken, time to eat your Crow!! Hehehee!
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

WSPHOG

Wrong again!

lutherheggs

Quote from: WSPHOG on February 19, 2017, 01:18:04 am
Wrong again!
Thanks. I am not wrong often. This team has proven to be more mentally tough than I thought. My best guess, which is all I can call it, is they will lose 2 of their last 4 regular season games to finish 22-9. If the Hogs do not win 2 games in SECT, they will not make the NCAAT.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: lutherheggs on February 19, 2017, 08:17:19 am
Thanks. I am not wrong often.

Thanks,  that makes me laugh...and it's good to laugh

FineAsSwine

Thanks. I am not wrong often. This team has proven to be more mentally tough than I thought. My best guess, which is all I can call it, is they will lose 2 of their last 4 regular season games to finish 22-9. If the Hogs do not win 2 games in SECT, they will not make the NCAAT.

Keep praying and wishing.

Westcoasthog

All of his postings and predictions - Arkansas beat South Carolina at South Carolina 83 to76.

BrooklynRoss

This thread keeps delivering gold. Love it.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

Youngsta71701

Your like an energizer battery. You just keep going and going and going and digging and digging and digging yourself a hole. Please stop while your ahead or should I say not too far behind, yet... :razorback:

Razorback_Mack

Wrong again. I've yet to see you be right.

FineAsSwine

I'm liking the direction this thread has taken.  ;D

goodguytex

Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 04, 2017, 05:15:17 pm
I'm liking the direction this thread has taken.  ;D
Yeah...Pretty funny!! Now he needs to predict the Hogs will be one and done in the SEC and big dance tourneys so the Hogs can win both and prove him all wrong ....Yet again.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: goodguytex on March 04, 2017, 05:22:11 pm
Yeah...Pretty funny!! Now he needs to predict the Hogs will be one and done in the SEC and big dance tourneys so the Hogs can win both and prove him all wrong ....Yet again.
Exactly

Hog Fan from Camden

And wrong again!!

FATHAWG08

Hey do you need a Bookie?
I love off season Football!!