Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

softball vs Nebraska

Started by flippinhogmana, March 03, 2017, 03:21:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

March 03, 2017, 03:21:07 pm Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 04:13:43 pm by flippinhogmana
Psych you can pick this up any time! no score after one. 
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

As usually Moll is a little wild to start.  She gave up two walks and two hits in the first inning but got out of it when the runner from third tried to score on a missed squeeze play and was caught dead to rights.  Moll worked out of it, and the hogs nothing do in the home half, three up three down.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

hawg1221

why does the official Razorback site advertise live stats for this game and yet I searched up and down and couldn't find it?

flippinhogmana

go to cornhuskers softball.  they have both audio and live stats.  Moll sets them down in order in the top half.  Cooper up for the hogs.

hawg1221

flippinhogmana

Tori Cooper grounds to first, one out.
Diaz flies to center, two out.
Belans has been hitting better of late, strikes out.

flippinhogmana

flippinhogmana

Moll walks the leadoff hitter to go back to the top of the order.
Runner tries to steal and Hiers cuts her down. One out.
leadoff hitter has a full count, fouls off several, then grounds out, two down.
Number two hitter hits a grounder to short, three down on a nice play (or so the announcers thought)!

flippinhogmana

warrick at bat gets ahead 2-0 in the count, takes a couple of swings at change ups fould them off, then slaps back to the mound, one down.
yani is up and she has really tailed off since the first weekend, pops out, two down.
Russell up, eight game hitting streak, 455 ba, fouls off a couple, 0-2 takes a ball, fouls off another, takes a ball, 2-2, then strikes out. 3 down three straight 1-2-3 innings.

flippinhogmana

third place hitter starts it off, grounds to third, russell throws her out, one down.
4th place hitter grounds to Yani at second who throws her out two down.
next batter grounded to ss, worked out the infield that inning, three down, now to the Hogs half of the inning.

flippinhogmana

top of the order and Canfield leads off, has been hitting a little better of late but gets behind, 0-1, fouls one off, and is down in the count 0-2, takes a ball, fouls another off, then strikes out to lead off the bottom of the 4th.
Hiers up,gets ahead in the count 1-0, now 2-0, 3-0, takes a strike, 3-1, takes another strike, full count, and draws a walk with one down, Schroeder up,
Nicole first pitch two run homer. Hog 2-0
Cooper with one down bases empty gets ahead 1-0, swing and miss, 1-1, and I must have missed a strike, strikes out, 2 down
Diaz get behind, 0-1, 1-1 on a ball in the dirt, fouls a tapper off, 1-2, fouled off, holds, 1-2, grounder to short, three down, but grab the lead 2-0 hogs after four

flippinhogmana

top of the fifth, grounder to ss, one down
next hitter gets down quickly 0-2, then takes a ball, 1-2, grounder to Russell at third, throws her out, 2 down,
K for Moll on three pitches for the third out, 2-0 hogs after 4 and a half, Hogs coming to bat

flippinhogmana

Belans up she is 0-1 as is everybody else except Schroeder, the one hit is a homer.
Belans fouls one off t get behind 0-1, then takes a ball, flies out to center, one down
the hogs have had only two base runners but Hiers who was the other base runner on the walk came home on Nicole's homer
Katie Warrick however gets the second hit, a one out double down the left field line, pr for her,
Yani up now, yani needs to get a hit to break out a bit, swings and misses, and then flies out on a line to right center, runner holds at second, two down,
Russell grounds to second and the hogs are retired, 2-0 after five.

flippinhogmana

Moll back to the circle, top 6th
first batter 1-1 count after two pitches, another foul, 1-2, batter grounds to first unassisted by Diaz, one down
next batter (top of the order) fouls one back 0-1, takes a ball, 1-1, now 2-2, now full, walks after a couple fouls
one on, one out for the second place hitter, Moll gets behind, now 2-1, popped to shallow center, two down,
number three hitter, Moll gets ahead 0-1, now 0-2, 1-2, 2-2, foul, still 2-2, full, foul, another walk, two on, two out for the clean up hitter, runners first and second, Moll lost her after having her down 0-2
Gets this hitter down 0-2, but puts this one away with three pitches, bottom of six coming up, Hogs 2-0 still.

flippinhogmana

back to the top of the order for the hogs, Canfield leads it off, misses on a bunt attempt, 0-1, pops out,
Hiers up, flies out to the outfield,
Schroeder up, now has 10 hrs I believe, gets ahead 1-0, 1-1 on a called strike, Nicole doubles off the wall
Tori Cooper up with two down, runner at 2nd, gets behind, 0-1, 1-1, 1-2, strikes out, runner left at second again, last chance for the huskers, to the top of the seventh.

flippinhogmana

middle and last of the order up
first batter Moll gets behind 1-0, now 2-0, lined out to left to Cooper, one down
2nd batter get ahead 1-0, 1-1, grounder to second, Yani throws her out, two down,
third batter gets behind 0-1, now 0-2, line out to Canfield, Moll pitches a complete game 2-0 shoutout!

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: flippinhogmana on March 03, 2017, 03:21:07 pm
Psych you can pick this up any time! no score after one. 

Was working and am now about to fly home. Big win - a nice companion to the midweek OSU win.

psycHOGlogist

Thanks for picking up my slack, flippin!

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on March 03, 2017, 05:12:37 pm
Thanks for picking up my slack, flippin!

You are most welcome.  Happened to have some time on my hands and didnt want to just wait on a certain announcement and I was following the game anyway.