Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Not a day for a victory dance

Started by flippinhogmana, March 03, 2017, 02:43:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

I have followed razorbacks sports for a long time beginning a few years before my freshman year at the UofA in 1969.  A lot of water has passed under many bridges since then but no matter where I was, I always tried to follow Razorback sports.  I have long been a fan of women's sports.  I followed Christy Smith and Gary Blair and Christy even after she graduated (I generally try to do that with all former hogs as I am sure a lot of you do).

I campaigned for the hire of Tom Collen, and I especially thought we were headed in the right direction when a young lady named Calli Berna agreed to come to the Hill.  I hoped that meant that we were once again going to secure the best instate talent (but then I had thought that when Ruby Vaden came to the Hill too).  When Calli was a senior and we hired JD I kinda shook my head.  But his 'BE Arkansas' theme kind of resonated with me and I hoped for the best.

I even was able to realize my dream of seeing Christy Smith come back home that year!  But it wasn't long before I found out that both of them were being not only ignored but disrespected.  Both of them and a lot of other girls and coaches deserved better.  What is occurring now has to be, but its been a lot of wasted time, and I cant bring myself to feel particularly jubilant about it.  Still, my favorite scripture is 'Rejoice not against me Oh my Enemy:  for if I fall, yet shall I arise".  Its time to get back up and rebuild our women's program with a good hire this time, and lets do this thing right.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.