Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs Bounced in 1st Round of SEC Tournament

Started by gdumont, March 01, 2017, 03:39:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gdumont

The Razorback women's basketball team has their season come to an end after a 71-61 defeat to Florida

http://www.nwahomepage.com/razorback-nation/arkansas-falls-to-gators/664848096

LadybackBBFan

Tournament Analysis from the Tournament:  Here is what I know from the tournament: We had nine Arkansas fans other than family members or staff at the University.  Two couples who are Season ticket holders and Foundation members, three women who I assume might be season ticket holders and a couple from Arkansas that lives in Greenville, SC.  As previously reported on a post, Jeff Long was in attendance.

The two couples who are season ticket holders and Foundation members are withholding their pledge to the Foundation pending the firing of our coach.  If he is not fired, we will not pledge nor will we be back at next year's tournament - enough is enough.

Rumor in the stands is that JD has been offered a Foundation job for which I doubt that his ego would allow him to take it - just my humble opinion as I have seen few people with his ego.

Now as far as my game analysis: where do I start.  We are  playing a good rebounding team -+5 - on the season and he starts a lineup of Jackson, Swenson, Zimmerman who is still injured and wearing a protective maske, Monk and Mason in a 2-3 zone.  We get killed on the boards and all he does in the first quarter is bench Jackson who was getting no help on the defensive rebounds.  He puts in Cooley - good move but for the wrong player.  Jackson comes back for Swenson, but quickly goes to the bench - she says what did I do wrong - no answer from the coach!  We are down 20 - 13 in the first quarter.  Somewhere along the line Zimmerman gets hurt and we finally have three tall girls playing together in the second quarter: Jackson, Cooley and Williams who came in for Zimmerman when she got hurt. Swenson is substituting for the bigs.  We score 16 to their 9 in the second quarter playing a combination of zone and man/man and begin to hang tough on the boards after being badly beaten in the first quarter.

Second half starts and we bring back the starting lineup in a man defense.  They drive us to silly.  Zimmerman tries to guard Williams who makes her look like a high school player as no one guards the lane as they clear the lane for her - she is far more talented than any of our players.  Let's see, they were 2 for 15 from the three point line, but we still need to play man defense?  Jackson continues to rotate to the bench.  We get behind by 18 points.  We finally bring back Cooley late in the third quarter and Williams half way into the fourth quarter - but it is too late.  Coach sets on bench - looks like he knows he is gone and has no ideal what to do but clap.

Some other comments - brought in Stout early in game - first or second quarter with Jackson on the bench and having not played in a while and not in foul trouble.  I yelled - what are we doing playing next years team!  Thankfully,  he put Jackson back in after a minute, but for a while I thought he had already given up and was playing for next year - either that or he knew he had to win at least two games to save his job and thought he had to rest his players.

Mason, first team all conference freshman, sat on the bench most of the game - at least for her.  Wilson only played 5 minutes even though she hit her only shot and had just one turnover.  When Cosper fouled out with 12 seconds to go - coach sent her in and you could see that her heart was not in it.

If Jeff Long was watching what I watched and does not fire Jd, then JL should be fired!

Bonehead

Totally  killed Jack'son  confidence do you agree

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: Bonehead on March 01, 2017, 08:57:32 pm
Totally  killed Jack'son  confidence do you agree
Yes, I do not think she played the second half with the same enthusiasm.

logic

Quote from: LadybackBBFan on March 01, 2017, 08:13:22 pm
Tournament Analysis from the Tournament:  Here is what I know from the tournament: We had nine Arkansas fans other than family members or staff at the University.  Two couples who are Season ticket holders and Foundation members, three women who I assume might be season ticket holders and a couple from Arkansas that lives in Greenville, SC.  As previously reported on a post, Jeff Long was in attendance.

The two couples who are season ticket holders and Foundation members are withholding their pledge to the Foundation pending the firing of our coach.  If he is not fired, we will not pledge nor will we be back at next year's tournament - enough is enough.

Rumor in the stands is that JD has been offered a Foundation job for which I doubt that his ego would allow him to take it - just my humble opinion as I have seen few people with his ego.

Now as far as my game analysis: where do I start.  We are  playing a good rebounding team -+5 - on the season and he starts a lineup of Jackson, Swenson, Zimmerman who is still injured and wearing a protective maske, Monk and Mason in a 2-3 zone.  We get killed on the boards and all he does in the first quarter is bench Jackson who was getting no help on the defensive rebounds.  He puts in Cooley - good move but for the wrong player.  Jackson comes back for Swenson, but quickly goes to the bench - she says what did I do wrong - no answer from the coach!  We are down 20 - 13 in the first quarter.  Somewhere along the line Zimmerman gets hurt and we finally have three tall girls playing together in the second quarter: Jackson, Cooley and Williams who came in for Zimmerman when she got hurt. Swenson is substituting for the bigs.  We score 16 to their 9 in the second quarter playing a combination of zone and man/man and begin to hang tough on the boards after being badly beaten in the first quarter.

Second half starts and we bring back the starting lineup in a man defense.  They drive us to silly.  Zimmerman tries to guard Williams who makes her look like a high school player as no one guards the lane as they clear the lane for her - she is far more talented than any of our players.  Let's see, they were 2 for 15 from the three point line, but we still need to play man defense?  Jackson continues to rotate to the bench.  We get behind by 18 points.  We finally bring back Cooley late in the third quarter and Williams half way into the fourth quarter - but it is too late.  Coach sets on bench - looks like he knows he is gone and has no ideal what to do but clap.

Some other comments - brought in Stout early in game - first or second quarter with Jackson on the bench and having not played in a while and not in foul trouble.  I yelled - what are we doing playing next years team!  Thankfully,  he put Jackson back in after a minute, but for a while I thought he had already given up and was playing for next year - either that or he knew he had to win at least two games to save his job and thought he had to rest his players.

Mason, first team all conference freshman, sat on the bench most of the game - at least for her.  Wilson only played 5 minutes even though she hit her only shot and had just one turnover.  When Cosper fouled out with 12 seconds to go - coach sent her in and you could see that her heart was not in it.

If Jeff Long was watching what I watched and does not fire Jd, then JL should be fired!
Thank you for that excellent analysis of the game.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: LadybackBBFan on March 02, 2017, 06:22:36 am
Yes, I do not think she played the second half with the same enthusiasm.

I hate it that you had to sit through that game LBBF, I could hear and feel the pain and frustration in your words.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.