Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jimmy and next year

Started by nwahogfan1, February 28, 2017, 09:23:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Starcs

Bonehead

psycHOGlogist

Not sure why it would matter which player?

PonderinHog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on March 01, 2017, 03:10:43 pm
It's better that they don't know I'm watching.  I don't want them knowing I'm watching to effect their behavior.  It taints the predictive nature of the algorithm.
Mum's the word, Huck Dwight.  Mum's the word.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: Bonehead on March 01, 2017, 08:17:46 pm
soon remember they fired Tom Collen soon as he got off the plane

Bonehead, please, what have you got against proper punctuation and capitalization?
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Bonehead

I always use my voice text I did not know that I was getting a a grade for punctuation

jseinfeld50

March 02, 2017, 04:27:26 am #56 Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 06:46:21 am by jseinfeld50
It helps others tremendously with the perception and thus helps enhance your credibility. Not knocking you personally at all or your credibility but there are a number of "different" posters and it helps to not lump you in that category. It's quite conspicuous. Flippin is a highly intelligent person and he is just politely pointing out something you might want to consider. You might be in a hurry posting. You obviously appear to have some contacts and some good info.

logic

All these comments and not even one in favor of retaining JD as women's basketball coach.  However, there were favorable comments for JD in some other position.

Hogtied85

Quote from: logic on March 02, 2017, 05:17:53 am
All these comments and not even one in favor of retaining JD as women's basketball coach.  However, there were favorable comments for JD in some other position.

Well I will put it this way. If you have the one player in the country in Christyn Williams saying she is not coming to UofA having Jimmy there another is not gonna change anything. This is what makes me so angry with them because they keep letting this darn happen over and over again. SMH. When will you ever learn? You have to go get some superstars point blank and the period.

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: Hogtired10 on March 02, 2017, 05:40:47 am
Well I will put it this way. If you have the one player in the country in Christyn Williams saying she is not coming to UofA having Jimmy there another is not gonna change anything. This is what makes me so angry with them because they keep letting this darn happen over and over again. SMH. When will you ever learn? You have to go get some superstars point blank and the period.
I agree, but you have to have a coach capable of getting one and girls who want to take a chance.  So far our in state stars have refused to go the their home university.  You can get away with that in men's basketball because talent is deeper but not in women's basketball.  If you can not recruit your in state super stars, how can you ever expect to recruit those from out of state?

hog63

Quote from: Bonehead on March 01, 2017, 08:17:46 pm
soon remember they fired Tom Collen soon as he got off the plane

He was fired the day after getting back from the SEC tourney. So today may be the day.

Bonehead

There will be a meeting today, I also know that the assistant that quit went into dykes office and cuss him out, and told him that he was for the kids that's why he quit. The assistant coaches are not allowed to say anything on the bench

Bonehead

Let's just face it Jeff Long made a bad hire. These girl's do not respect him as a coach, I talked to Jackson dad he said this was Jess worst year of her life

logic

Quote from: hog63 on March 02, 2017, 09:01:08 am
He was fired the day after getting back from the SEC tourney. So today may be the day.
In my opinion that is not very likely.  Jeff Long gave Collen's seven years and during that time only one time did Arkansas either win the first game in the SEC tournament or play in the NCAA tournament.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Bonehead on March 02, 2017, 09:23:19 am
There will be a meeting today, I also know that the assistant that quit went into dykes office and cuss him out, and told him that he was for the kids that's why he quit. The assistant coaches are not allowed to say anything on the bench

Totally believable.  Have heard it other places and probably a reason a Razorback legend left to be a HC at Immaculate Incarnate Word.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: logic on March 02, 2017, 10:11:25 am
In my opinion that is not very likely.  Jeff Long gave Collen's seven years and during that time only one time did Arkansas either win the first game in the SEC tournament or play in the NCAA tournament.

Also in that time Ark played in the WNIT 3 times, only one losing season in those 7 years won 20 or more games 3 times and 19 two others.  Also had a resume prior to getting those 7 seasons that would lead you to believe he knew what he was doing.

Don't remember so many off court issues or transfers either.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Bonehead on March 02, 2017, 09:28:28 am
Let's just face it Jeff Long made a bad hire. These girl's do not respect him as a coach, I talked to Jackson dad he said this was Jess worst year of her life

Lots of very good ADs make bad hires.  Jeremy Foley an AD known for hiring very good coaches knew after 3 years Ron Zook wasn't the guy so he cut his losses and hired Urban Meyer.  The good ADs know when a good coach is just going through a rough time and will get better, they also know when a coach is a stinker and it's time to cut them loose.  I'd say 3 years is enough with JD, think he is going to change who he is how he operates and what he knows with 1 more year?   Jeff Long is a good AD and smarter than that.

ricepig

Quote from: Bonehead on March 02, 2017, 01:59:18 am
I always use my voice text I did not know that I was getting a a grade for punctuation

That, and proper sentence structure and grammar. Luckily for you, and me, we grade on the curve here.

logic

Quote from: Bonehead on March 02, 2017, 01:59:18 am
As long as what you post is understandable, you are not being graded except by the grammar police. Far worse than poor grammar is the use of undefined acronyms.  I can usually understand post with poor pronunciation, grammar, and spelling. However, I don't understand the uncommon (USA or UofA is ok) acronyms that so many posters use.

Pig_Lebowski

hog63

Dwight_K_Shrute

logic

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on March 02, 2017, 10:14:55 am
Also in that time Ark played in the WNIT 3 times, only one losing season in those 7 years won 20 or more games 3 times and 19 two others.  Also had a resume prior to getting those 7 seasons that would lead you to believe he knew what he was doing.

Don't remember so many off court issues or transfers either.
I don't know about those days and anything I know I found on the internet.  I was so upset over the stupidity of replacing Gary Blair that for next dozen years, I not only didn't go to anymore of the games, I totally ignored Ladyback basketball to the  extent that I didn't even pay any attention to whether they won or loss.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: logic on March 03, 2017, 01:42:13 pm
I don't know about those days and anything I know I found on the internet.  I was so upset over the stupidity of replacing Gary Blair that for next dozen years, I not only didn't go to anymore of the games, I totally ignored Ladyback basketball to the  extent that I didn't even pay any attention to whether they won or loss.

I agree letting Gary Blair go when it was totally preventable really started the slide.