Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Could the double bye bite the Hogs

Started by hogsanity, March 02, 2017, 09:31:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

I think it could IF they lose to GA Saturday. That would put them on a 0-2 slide and having to face a decent team on Friday instead of getting the extra game on Thursday. Lose that and they would be giving the ncaat committee a lot of ammo for leaving them out with only 22 wins.

Now, beat GA and they are in.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Raymond Zorback

You can call me Ray.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: hogsanity on March 02, 2017, 09:31:07 am
I think it could IF they lose to GA Saturday. That would put them on a 0-2 slide and having to face a decent team on Friday instead of getting the extra game on Thursday. Lose that and they would be giving the ncaat committee a lot of ammo for leaving them out with only 22 wins.

Now, beat GA and they are in.
The only way it would be a factor is if a lot of smaller AQ conferences have upsets in their tournaments, giving them the AQ and an at-large. We are going to be in that top 40 range, unless we somehow draw a LSU and lose to them in the tournament.