Started by Porked Tongue, February 26, 2017, 04:03:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Porked Tongue

Lady Backs lose home finale vs Auburn.

And no one noticed or cared.

No hope on the horizon.

End it.

(notOM)Rebel123

Brutal. The experiment failed. Time to make a move, Jeff.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

ricepig

Porked Tongue

Only that writer was in the post game interview room.

How's that for indifference?

Porked Tongue

Quote from: ricepig on February 26, 2017, 04:48:06 pm
Jimmy didn't know how many they had lost in a row.
He's a damn liar.

BWS

The big question is will JL end this experiment next month, or will he wait till next season? He waits till next year, which will likely be worse than this year, you risk causing more damage to the program than what's already been done.

tophawg19

who is legit out there that we could hire and how long does it take to fix it
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

(notOM)Rebel123

BWS

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 26, 2017, 05:12:03 pm
who is legit out there that we could hire and how long does it take to fix it

My personal choice - Michelle Clark-Heard - Western Kentucky
The fans choice - Joe Foley - UALR
The best choice - Mike Neighbors - Washington
The darkhorse choice - Cameron Newbauer - Belmont

Porked Tongue

As bad as it is, it would be even harder after another year.

Word is there is a shopping list.

Hogtied85

Quote from: BWS on February 26, 2017, 05:21:22 pm
My personal choice - Michelle Clark-Heard - Western Kentucky
The fans choice - Joe Foley - UALR
The best choice - Mike Neighbors - Washington
The darkhorse choice - Cameron Newbauer - Belmont

If you guys want Cameron Newbauer or Mike Neighbors email Jeff Long or contact him on twitter.

jefflong@uark.edu

Hogtied85

Quote from: Porked Tongue on February 26, 2017, 05:33:46 pm
As bad as it is, it would be even harder after another year.

Word is there is a shopping list.

Are you SERIOUS? Are you really really serious?

ricepig

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on February 26, 2017, 05:41:45 pm
I'm not sure I'd want Matt, or David to have to put up with the HV posters,lol.

Ha! True. Matt is a good coach.

Hogtied85

who is David???

I'm interested in knowing more about Cameron Newbauer though. He sounds really interesting?

Does anyone know anything about him? What is his coaching style and philosophy?

FaytownHog

Honestly, who cares? Like the OP said. No one even noticed. Even if we are winning the program loses money. Find the cheapest coach out there you can and try to save money.

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: FaytownHog on February 26, 2017, 06:37:57 pm
Honestly, who cares? Like the OP said. No one even noticed. Even if we are winning the program loses money. Find the cheapest coach out there you can and try to save money.
I care and there are many who care.  Look at what has been done at Texas A&M, South Carolina and Mississippi State with good coaches.  We have suffered with mediocre coaches since Gary left.  It is time to hire a real coach.

Jack The BN

Rick Laweson is our only chance to finally win games.
I am fully cooperating with this investigation and looking forward to clearing my name

ricepig

Quote from: Hogtired10 on February 26, 2017, 06:14:01 pm
who is David???

That's Matt's dad, just a good friend who's the AD at Jonesboro.

hoglady

There was time when people cared.
It's been over a decade now since Blair left.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

elvis26

;D it is time for jimmy to pack his  bags!!!!!!! we need a coach that knows how to win period.

psycHOGlogist

I would include Vic Schaefer (unrealistic, probably), Johnnie Harris, and Sytia Messer, and maybe the Associate HC at FSU, Lance White, on a shopping list, along with the other names in this thread - minus Matt Daniel, who is not having success at Marshall. They are 4-12 in conference this year - no thanks.

Porked Tongue

Free entrance for students.
Kiddie clinic.
Giving away prepaid $150 Visa cards.

Just a joke.

psycHOGlogist

Did you see Jessica Jackson's face? I felt so sorry for her. Such a great player, and Arkansan, and such a crappy way to go out. God bless her.

Hogtied85

Quote from: Porked Tongue on February 26, 2017, 09:08:30 pm
Free entrance for students.
Kiddie clinic.
Giving away prepaid $150 Visa cards.

Just a joke.

Is this shopping list TRUE. Someone please shed light please

Hogtied85

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 26, 2017, 09:07:06 pm
I would include Vic Schaefer (unrealistic, probably), Johnnie Harris, and Sytia Messer, and maybe the Associate HC at FSU, Lance White, on a shopping list, along with the other names in this thread - minus Matt Daniel, who is not having success at Marshall. They are 4-12 in conference this year - no thanks.

I say add Scott Rueck to the list

hogman64

I think it is funny Dykes talked about missing free throws.........in the two losses recently against Kentucky and Tennessee the  team shot 7 total  free throws in the two games..our offense is so non existent other teams don't even need to foul us.  Get an offense before you worry about missing free throws...

psycHOGlogist

Rueck is awesome, but he's not leaving OSU. It's home, his alma mater, etc. His dream job.

I think Porked posted that link because you quoted his post about giveaways, Hogtired. That's what he thought you were asking about.

Hogtied85

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 26, 2017, 10:39:37 pm
Rueck is awesome, but he's not leaving OSU. It's home, his alma mater, etc. His dream job.

I think Porked posted that link because you quoted his post about giveaways, Hogtired. That's what he thought you were asking about.

I was talking about this shopping list? I thought it was referring to coaching list.
People talking about it on twitter too. People say this is it for him. I'm not sure though

Hogtied85

The more I keep reading about FSU Lance White, the more I like him.

He is from the state of Texas and before coming to FSU under Sue he worked for Marsha Sharpe at Texas Tech. He is known for his defense and recruiting.

PonderinHog

parallaxpig

Joe Foley if you want to win. Course I realize it's not about winning when it comes to women's BB 
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Scott7703

Went and watched UalR women on Saturday night. Foley is a heck of a coach. Not saying he is the answer at Arkansas but compaired to what we have he is an absolute genius.

Hogtied85

Quote from: Scott7703 on February 27, 2017, 04:58:28 pm
Went and watched UalR women on Saturday night. Foley is a heck of a coach. Not saying he is the answer at Arkansas but compaired to what we have he is an absolute genius.

I would say Mike Neighbors, Lance White or Joe Foley

Hogtied85

I say email jeff long and lets get it the ball rolling.

logic

I agree; especially since it is hopeless. For 2017 we are getting 2 players and likely neither could get a scholarship at another SEC college; one because of injury and the other is not listed as one of ESPN's top 467 players. And, for 2018, already Christyn Williams has made a comment indicating she will not sign with the UofA.  It may be possible to sign Yo'myris Morris, but so few fans attending games, I wouldn't count on it.

I am certain we can get some coach for $25,000 per year and others will volunteer maybe as graduate assistants if given free tuition. So what if we don't win a game.  We can save $1 million a year.

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: logic on March 02, 2017, 05:04:18 am

I am certain we can get some coach for $25,000 per year and others will volunteer maybe as graduate assistants if given free tuition. So what if we don't win a game.  We can save $1 million a year.

You mean women's sports in general?
It's long past time to demand that women's programs become fiscally responsible or be ended.  The damaging effects of Title IX need to be reversed.

You two "male hogs" need to stop wasting your time posting on the Women's sports blog as you obviously have no interest in it.  I know that women's basketball fans from Connecticut, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Mississippi State, Kentucky, Notre Dame, Stanford, Washington, Texas, Baylor, Oklahoma, Iowa State, etc. would strongly disagree with you.  Arkansas fans do not support anything but a winner - just look at the men's program at Arkansas.  We are averaging about half the fans that South Carolina women are averaging in spite of having a very good season.  When Gary Blair was here we routinely had over 5,000 at a game - not kids day either.  We would have close to 10,000 for Tennessee and had 14,000 for the WNIT championship game against Wisconsin.  Fire JD and bring on a coach who is a winner and see what happens.

logic

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 02, 2017, 05:51:08 am
You mean women's sports in general?
It's long past time to demand that women's programs become fiscally responsible or be ended.  The damaging effects of Title IX need to be reversed.
Quote from: LadybackBBFan on March 02, 2017, 06:50:12 am
You two "male hogs" need to stop wasting your time posting on the Women's sports blog as you obviously have no interest in it.  I know that women's basketball fans from Connecticut, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Mississippi State, Kentucky, Notre Dame, Stanford, Washington, Texas, Baylor, Oklahoma, Iowa State, etc. would strongly disagree with you.  Arkansas fans do not support anything but a winner - just look at the men's program at Arkansas.  We are averaging about half the fans that South Carolina women are averaging in spite of having a very good season.  When Gary Blair was here we routinely had over 5,000 at a game - not kids day either.  We would have close to 10,000 for Tennessee and had 14,000 for the WNIT championship game against Wisconsin.  Fire JD and bring on a coach who is a winner and see what happens.
What you are incapable of understanding is that first there was women's sports before Title IX and second that women don't have near the interest in sports as men do and men have less interest in women's sports than men's sports.  It should be up to each college to determine which men and women's sports they wish to have. Your silly belief that men and women have the same interest and to the same extent has been disproved in every valid study.

BlancheDevereaux

I'm not really sure how this devolved into a Title IX debate, but here we are! So I'll mention two things: one the question of title ix seems to hinge upon what you believe the purpose of college athletics is--Is it to turn a profit? Or it is part of the overall collegiate mission? Because if it were based on profit schools would pretty much just have football teams. But do programs like men's baseball have a place even if they don't break even? Men's basketball?

Two: schools do have the right to choose which sports they offer! They just have to provide roughly equal opportunities for both genders. But they can provide those in any sport they choose to, its just that most major schools have a pretty standard list which includes women's basketball. But Title IX does not force anyone to have a women's basketball program, it just says that if a school provides athletic opportunities to men (as part of its collegiate mission), then it must also provide access for female athletes. Which seems pretty cool to me!

BlancheDevereaux

I would certainly be willing to see more of logic's research about the demand for women to have sports of their own play. However that seems like a chicken and egg situation a little bit. And of course if there wasn't enough demand there wouldn't be a team for that particular sport--and yet it seems like based on the number of women who participate in sports at all collegiate levels (many times for no or little scholarship monies) that there is certainly a demand out there.

Actually at Arkansas all the sports money comes from revenue generated thanks to deals with SEC Network et. al, ticket prices, and foundation donations. Indeed the only money a student at Arkansas pays for sports is if they buy a ticket to said sporting event--in this case it would be men's basketball and football. Students pay fees that go towards intramural sports, but none of our actual sports teams are supported by student tuition. In this situation sports actually makes us money because some students want the SEC atmosphere for football games, but didn't want to go to the SEC school in their home state (this is usually a Texan student situation).