Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Geno in Ark

Started by shown006, February 14, 2017, 05:58:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

shown006

Geno Auriemma was in Stuttgart today recruiting CAC's Christyn Williams one day after winning his 100th straight game.  That guy works hard.  Be a longshot for her to go to Arkansas.
WPS!

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: shown006 on February 14, 2017, 05:58:27 pm
Geno Auriemma was in Stuttgart today recruiting CAC's Christyn Williams one day after winning his 100th straight game.  That guy works hard.  Be a longshot for her to go to Arkansas.

At this point, the longest of shots.

Scott7703

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 14, 2017, 08:54:30 pm
At this point, the longest of shots.

My guess is only hope is bringing in a new coach who she already has a relationship with.

ricepig

Quote from: Scott7703 on February 14, 2017, 09:27:34 pm

My guess is only hope is bringing in a new coach who she already has a relationship with.

Hire Geno, he needs a new challenge........

Mr. Porkleone

Let's see Jimmy D with 500 in attendance and no NCAA's or Geno and playing for the title ever year. No brained.

Hogs have ZERO shot

TJS

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on February 14, 2017, 09:57:06 pm
Let's see.....Jimmy D with 500 in attendance and longshot to NCAA's or Geno and playing for the title ever year. No brained.

Hogs have ZERO shot

3kgthog

Geno needs to replace Mike. Geno was asked about coaching a men's team in a pretty recent interview and he didn't say he'd never do it. He even went so far as to say that it'd have to be the right situation. Well, here ya go. Finish your last 5-10 years here and retire back to the northeast.

Kevin

Quote from: 3kgthog on February 15, 2017, 02:33:42 am
Geno needs to replace Mike. Geno was asked about coaching a men's team in a pretty recent interview and he didn't say he'd never do it. He even went so far as to say that it'd have to be the right situation. Well, here ya go. Finish your last 5-10 years here and retire back to the northeast.

love it
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

logic

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on February 14, 2017, 09:57:06 pm
Let's see Jimmy D with 500 in attendance and no NCAA's or Geno and playing for the title ever year. No brained.
I can understand the attraction of playing in full as opposed to almost empty arenas.  However, attendance will greatly increase if Arkansas starts winning again and JD has done well at recruiting the best players in Arkansas.

And, other factors may tip the balance toward Arkansas.  Arkansas was the first to offer, Geno is a Johnny-come-lately, and there is something about playing for your home state where all your friends and family can watch you play. Being THE STAR is better than just one of the players and it often take just one outstanding player for a team to go from losing to winning in which case attendance will greatly increase. At Arkansas she might be THE BEST PLAYER EVER; highly unlikely elsewhere.

psycHOGlogist

February 18, 2017, 10:21:55 am #9 Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 12:11:34 pm by psycHOGlogist
Quote from: logic on February 18, 2017, 10:04:50 am
I can understand the attraction of playing in full as opposed to almost empty arenas.  However, attendance will greatly increase if Arkansas starts winning again and JD has done well at recruiting the best players in Arkansas.

No, he really hasn't. The top 2017 kids in the state are going to other SEC schools -- Abigayle Jackson signed with Auburn, and Bre'Amber Scott signed with Mississippi State. And at least one of those that he did attract (Danberry) left after a year and a semester.  How exactly do you expect Arkansas "to start winning again" without players?

Geno is a Johnny-come-lately

lol. Okay.

and there is something about playing for your home state where all your friends and family can watch you play.

That is our only hope.

Being THE STAR is better than just one of the players and it often take just one outstanding player for a team to go from losing to winning in which case attendance will greatly increase. At Arkansas she might be THE BEST PLAYER EVER; highly unlikely elsewhere.

This is silliness. Kids don't want to be "the greatest player ever" at a school (or if they do, then I'd have to question what they're about). Mostly, they want to win (and learn, and have fun). Do you think that Dykes's program offers more of an opportunity to do that than UConn's?

Look, I hope she stays, but it's increasingly unlikely. Dykes's recruiting has nosedived (the 2017 class is a joke in terms of meeting needs and overall player quality), and nothing that is happening on the court or in the program is likely to turn that around. We are unlikely to win another game this year (maybe Vandy on the road?).

Time to declare the experiment a failure and recruit a proven coach.

logic

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 18, 2017, 10:21:55 am
No, he really hasn't. The top 2017 kids in the state are going to other SEC schools -- Abigayle Jackson signed with Auburn, and Bre'Amber Scott signed with Mississippi State. And at least one of those that he did attract (Danberry) left after a year and a semester.  How exactly do you expect Arkansas "to start winning again" without players?

lol. Okay.

That is our only hope.

This is silliness. Kids don't want to be "the greatest player ever" at a school (or if they do, then I'd have to question what they're about). Mostly, they want to win (and learn, and have fun). Do you think that Dykes's program offers more of an opportunity to do that than UConn's?

Look, I hope she stays, but it's increasingly unlikely. Dykes's recruiting has nosedived (the 2017 class is a joke in terms of meeting needs and overall player quality), and nothing that is happening on the court or in the program is likely to turn that around. We are unlikely to win another game this year (maybe Vandy on the road?).

Time to declare the experiment a failure and recruit a proven coach.
You may be right and even though Arkansas is now last in he SEC and likely to stay there, is there any chance that Jeff Long could admit he made a coaching hire mistake and replace JD? And, even if he did, do you have any confidence, he would hire a proven coach?

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: logic on February 19, 2017, 05:33:40 pm
You may be right and even though Arkansas is now last in he SEC and likely to stay there, is there any chance that Jeff Long could admit he made a coaching hire mistake and replace JD?

Yes. I believe he intends to do that.

Quote from: logic on February 19, 2017, 05:33:40 pm
And, even if he did, do you have any confidence, he would hire a proven coach?

Yes, absolutely. He knows as well as anyone he rolled the dice on Dykes. It was a flop. Long has, in my opinion, done an excellent job bringing in coaching talent -- with one, glaring, preposterous exception. Bielema, Anderson, and Watson are proven commodities who were coaching P5 programs. Deifel and Hale are up and comers (and Deifel was a P5 HC as well). Dykes is clearly the exception to Long's track record of coaching hires. Since he whiffed so badly last time, I would tend to believe that he would pull out all the stops this time around -- or at least try to.

logic

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 19, 2017, 06:42:58 pm
Yes. I believe he intends to do that.

Yes, absolutely. He knows as well as anyone he rolled the dice on Dykes. It was a flop. Long has, in my opinion, done an excellent job bringing in coaching talent -- with one, glaring, preposterous exception. Bielema, Anderson, and Watson are proven commodities who were coaching P5 programs. Deifel and Hale are up and comers (and Deifel was a P5 HC as well). Dykes is clearly the exception to Long's track record of coaching hires. Since he whiffed so badly last time, I would tend to believe that he would pull out all the stops this time around -- or at least try to.
You may be right; I really don't know; I am going to have to see it to believe it.  Although, I believe Long is excellent at raising funds and improving facilities, clearly you have far more confidence in his ability to evaluate and hire head coaches than I do.

biglewhog77

We need to build a fence around Arkansas for the women sports

jackflash

It going to take more tan just Arkansas kids to build this program