Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can you Believe?

Started by LadybackBBFan, February 13, 2017, 04:42:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LadybackBBFan

Coach Dykes held his final luncheon for this season today.  Here are his quotes:
"I know you will find this hard to believe, but we are more in groove this year than ever before - even the year that we went to the NCAA."
"Our team is very positive, if you were to come to our next practice, you will see us practicing hard just as if we were a winning team.  The team knows it is going to take time, but their time will come."
"Jess has improved so much since I got here.  I can't tell you how proud I am of her.  WNBA coaches are recognizing the same thing."

For your information, Jess was the one player at the luncheon and was interviewed by the TV broadcaster.  My conclusion is that coach is definitely planning on being back next year as he continues to turn the program in the right direction.  Somehow, I have a feeling that some of you may have a different opinion.

hogman64

Quote from: LadybackBBFan on February 13, 2017, 04:42:42 pm
Coach Dykes held his final luncheon for this season today.  Here are his quotes:
"I know you will find this hard to believe, but we are more in groove this year than ever before - even the year that we went to the NCAA."
"Our team is very positive, if you were to come to our next practice, you will see us practicing hard just as if we were a winning team.  The team knows it is going to take time, but their time will come."
"Jess has improved so much since I got here.  I can't tell you how proud I am of her.  WNBA coaches are recognizing the same thing."

For your information, Jess was the one player at the luncheon and was interviewed by the TV broadcaster.  My conclusion is that coach is definitely planning on being back next year as he continues to turn the program in the right direction.  Somehow, I have a feeling that some of you may have a different opinion.

he knows no one will ever know the truth about practice, no one goes to the games  why would anyone go to a practice. 

beringer62

I guess he will move forward with all of 6 players...that would be a travesty

nwahogfan1

We will know if he is telling the whole truth when the season is over and our returners tell us their plans to either stay or move on.

Bonehead

How many fans were at luncheon

psycHOGlogist

Couple reactions and questions:

How many people were at the luncheon?

How does he know how a winning team practices? (snark, but sort of serious)

What would he be expected to say if he knew he were on his way out?

I really, really hope he is just blowing smoke.

And thank you for your report!

hog63

Quote from: LadybackBBFan on February 13, 2017, 04:42:42 pm

Hmm, I thought it was Zimmerman that was hit in the head. Apparently either he is clueless or he's having after effects from the blow to the head.

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 13, 2017, 07:00:32 pm
Couple reactions and questions:

How many people were at the luncheon?

How does he know how a winning team practices? (snark, but sort of serious).

And thank you for your report!
I would say that there might have been 20 to 25 fans at the luncheon.  There were more empty chairs than those that were filled.
He did visit a lot of team's practices during his 15 years in the television booth.

hogman64

Quote from: LadybackBBFan on February 14, 2017, 08:37:03 am
I would say that there might have been 20 to 25 fans at the luncheon.  There were more empty chairs than those that were filled.
He did visit a lot of team's practices during his 15 years in the television booth.

25% to half of those could be coming at this point because they feel sorry for JD and the embarrassing turnout , friends , go to his church etc. I don't see how interest could get any lower for an SEC basketball program....I am sure he doesn't act like it when there but I bet he hates those luncheons....