Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did your team get the right 3 stars?

Started by Bacon_Bitz, February 13, 2017, 12:01:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bacon_Bitz

Interesting conversation that covers much of the same old arguments that are had on Hogville, just with more sense.

http://www.footballstudyhall.com/2017/2/3/14498630/did-your-team-get-the-right-3-stars-national-signing-day-recruiting-rankings

Identifies:
-The sturdy DL who isn't a pass-rusher (we seem to have TOO many of these nowadays)
-The athlete moving to a new position (recruited a lot these past two years)
-The late bloomer (meh)
-Short players (often think teams sacrifice talent/ability in the secondary for another inch or two of height)
-The undersized, quick-thinking, athletic QB (plenty of those in Arkansas)

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on February 13, 2017, 12:01:26 pm
Interesting conversation that covers much of the same old arguments that are had on Hogville, just with more sense.

http://www.footballstudyhall.com/2017/2/3/14498630/did-your-team-get-the-right-3-stars-national-signing-day-recruiting-rankings

Identifies:
-The sturdy DL who isn't a pass-rusher (we seem to have TOO many of these nowadays)
-The late bloomer (meh)
-Short players (often think teams sacrifice talent/ability in the secondary for another inch or two of height)
This is why I think our 2017 class is slightly better than 2016, our DBs are a little undersized, and our Aths were not valued as much as they should be. Time will tell.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on February 13, 2017, 12:01:26 pm

Identifies:
-The late bloomer (meh)

It was a very good article.  I'd like us to take a few more HS QB's and turn them into skill players like Patterson does when we can.  I also wish we had some reliable JUCO's to send our HS athletes to mature and return ready to play.   The DB's part was dead on IMO. Give me the shorter guy that is a step faster and plays with his hair on fire over the 6-2" Tarzan-looking DB that is a little slower and less athletic. 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

bennyl08

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on February 13, 2017, 12:15:41 pm
This is why I think our 2017 class is slightly better than 2016, our DBs are a little undersized, and our Aths were not valued as much as they should be. Time will tell.

Our DB's are very much NFL sized right now, even accounting for them being an inch, inch and a half shorter than listed.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Hoggish1

Not all 3*s are created equal.  When will the majority of this board understand that?

Oklahawg

Quote from: Hoggish1 on February 13, 2017, 09:00:29 pm
Not all 3*s are created equal.  When will the majority of this board understand that?

How cold is it in hell?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: Hoggish1 on February 13, 2017, 09:00:29 pm
The majority have never been the issue on HV, just the ultra-vocal, ultra-inbred minority.