Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SB vs UNT - Day 2

Started by psycHOGlogist, February 12, 2017, 01:15:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

psycHOGlogist

Starting lineup has Cooper in for Bugarin, otherwise the same, with Moll in the circle.

Canfield - CF
Hiers - C
Schroeder - RF
Diaz - 1b
Belans - SS
Warrick - DP
Cooper - LF
Yannetti - 2b
Russell - 3b

Moll - P

psycHOGlogist

February 12, 2017, 01:17:54 pm #1 Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 01:30:02 pm by psycHOGlogist
T1

Facing a pitcher we didn't see yesterday.

Canfield grounds out to 1b.
Hiers singles to LF.
Schroeder works a walk, runners 1st/2nd, 1 out for Diaz.
Diaz grounds out to P, but both runners advance. Two on for Warrick.
Warrick walks, bases juiced for Belans. Would be a good time to get on track!
And she does!!! Knocks a single to CF, misplayed by the CF, Belans ends up on 2b, Warrick on 3rd, Hiers/Schroeder score. 2-0 Hogs. Good job, AJ!
Cooper grounds out to 2b to end the inning.

Moll to the circle to face the top of the UNT order. UNT has put their best player, Schkade, in the leadoff spot for this game.

psycHOGlogist

B1

Schkade reaches on an error by Russell at 3rd.
2 hitter grounds to SS and we get the lead runner at 2nd, fielder's choice. 1 down, runner on first.
Passed ball moves the runner to 2b.
Moll goes to full count on batter but gets her to swing and miss for her first K. 2 down, runner on 2nd.
Next batter strikes out looking on 3 pitches.

2 K's no hits, one left on an error. 2-0 Hogs heading to T2.
Due up: Yannetti, Russell, Canfield.

psycHOGlogist

T2 -

Yannetti flies out to LF.
Russell singles the first pitch to 1b.
Box score says Canfield reaches base on a fielder's choice, but that Russell advances to 2b. If so, two on, one out for Hiers.
Hiers singles - they throw home trying to get Russell but don't, Hiers moves to 2nd, Russell to 3rd. 3-0 Hogs.
Shroeder flies out to CF, and we sent Canfield from 3rd, but she's thrown out for a DP.

Moll to the circle to face the 5-6-7 hitters.

psycHOGlogist

B2

First batter singles to RF.
Moll K's the next batter on 3 pitches, 1 out. - note: RazorbackSB twitter says this is 300th K of Moll's career!
Next batter lines out to 2b - 2 out.
Wild pitch moves runner to 2nd.
But Moll gets the batter to pop out to 2b to end the inning.

On to the T3. Due up for Hogs: Diaz, Warrick, and Belans.

psycHOGlogist

February 12, 2017, 01:51:53 pm #5 Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 02:04:52 pm by psycHOGlogist
T3 -

Diaz grounds a 1-2 pitch back to the pitcher, 1 down.
Warrick works a walk.
Belans gets her second single of the day, Warrick to 2nd. Two on for Cooper.
Cooper walks to load the bases for Yannetti, 1 out.
Yannetti hits hard grounder to SS, who comes home to get the force out on Warrick. Bases loaded for Russell now.
Russell singles and advances to second on a throwing error by 2B, who tried to get runner at home and threw it away. Yannetti advances to third on the throw; Cooper and Belans score. 5-0 Hogs. 2 on, 2 out for Canfield.
Canfield grounds out to SS.

On to B3 - Hogs up 5-0, Moll to face 9-1-2 hitters for UNT.

psycHOGlogist

B3 -
Moll takes the count to 3-1 but gets batter to ground out to 2b.
This time a full count before inducing the ground ball out to 3b - 2 down.
Third out comes quicker, as batter grounds 1-0 pitch to Belans.

On to T4 - due up: Hiers, Schroeder, and Diaz.

psycHOGlogist

T4 -

Hiers walks.
Schroeder grounds out to P, but Hiers advances to second.
Diaz pops out to catcher, 2 down for Warrick.
Warrick blasts a 2 run HR!! 7-0 Hogs.
Bases empty, 2 down for Belans. 
Belans flies out to deep CF, ending the inning.

On to B4 - Moll to face 3-4-5 hitters.

flippinhogmana

good day so far, Yani and Scheoder carrying the water! Hiers, Bugarin, Russeel, Warwick and Diaz not so bad either.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

psycHOGlogist

Hiers has been excellent at the plate, as well.

psycHOGlogist

B4 -

Moll K's the first batter on 3 pitches.
Second out also a K, as batter swings and misses a 2-2 pitch.
Moll goes to full count before inducing grounder to SS for 3rd out. Two strong innings in a row.

To T5 - Due up: Cooper, Yannetti, and Russell

flippinhogmana

February 12, 2017, 02:25:25 pm #11 Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 02:35:49 pm by flippinhogmana
Autumn Storms also seems to be the real deal, especially for a freshman.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

psycHOGlogist

T5 -
Pitching change for the Mean Green. They bring in Craine, who we saw (and hit pretty well against) yesterday.

Cooper ??? not mentioned on box score. Weird.
Yannetti pops out to SS. Not sure if this is 1st out or what. Should be 2nd out? No, looks like Cooper is on 1st, but no indication in p-b-p what happened. Walk? Hit? Who knows?
Box is PH for Russell.
Going to assume that Box hit into DP, because it all just went poof on the box score - lol. UNT not really covering itself in glory, sports-information-wise this game.

On to B5 - Moll to face 6-7-8 hitters.

psycHOGlogist

B5

6 hitter grounded an 0-2 pitch to 3b, 1 down.
Next batter singles to RF, 1 on, 1 out.
8 hitter grounds out to 2b, but runner advances to 2nd. 2 down.
Moll K's a pinch hitter, who swings and misses a 2-2 pitch.

On to T6. Due up: top of the order with Canfield, Hiers, and Schroeder.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 12, 2017, 02:31:39 pm
T5 -
Pitching change for the Mean Green. They bring in Craine, who we saw (and hit pretty well against) yesterday.

Cooper ??? not mentioned on box score. Weird.
Yannetti pops out to SS. Not sure if this is 1st out or what. Should be 2nd out? No, looks like Cooper is on 1st, but no indication in p-b-p what happened. Walk? Hit? Who knows?
Box is PH for Russell.
Going to assume that Box hit into DP, because it all just went poof on the box score - lol. UNT not really covering itself in glory, sports-information-wise this game.

It could have been a bad substitution?  if that occurred it would have been an automatic out.

On to B5 - Moll to face 6-7-8 hitters.

flippinhogmana

I am also glad they didnt run rule the fourth straight game, a little extra game time would be a good reward for some of the other plays, and extra game time for all of them.  Canfield especially needs the ABs to get it going.

psycHOGlogist

I don't think so - there was a "red dot" (signifying a runner) on 1b when Yannetti was hitting. The p-b-p function of the gametracker is getting neglected in the late innings. Looks more like human error to me. But who knows?

Ah, here's SB twitter's explanation:

https://twitter.com/RazorbackSB/status/830877849901027329

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: flippinhogmana on February 12, 2017, 02:39:35 pm
I am also glad they didnt run rule the fourth straight game, a little extra game time would be a good reward for some of the other plays, and extra game time for all of them.

If we get one more run and hold them, it's still a run rule.

psycHOGlogist

T6

Canfield (who hasn't been great at the plate this weekend) pops up a bunt to 1b for first out.
Hiers flies out to RF, 2 down.
Schroeder doubles to CF, Parr comes in to PR for her.
Diaz drills the first pitch right to the 3b for the third out.

On to B6: Moll to face the top of the order for UNT.

flippinhogmana

yeah, well it would have taken at least one more inning to do it!

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: flippinhogmana on February 12, 2017, 02:42:07 pm

True! And now, no such luck. We'll play all 7.

psycHOGlogist

B6
Parr stays in to play RF for Schroeder.

Moll gets a groundout to 2b for the first one.
Next batter grounds out to 3b.
Moll issues a walk to the next batter. I believe this is her FIRST of the day!
Next batter singles down the RF line, runner moves to 3rd. Runners at the corners for UNT with 2 out.
But Moll shuts down the threat with her 7th K of the day.

On to T7. Due up: Warrick, Belans, Cooper.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: flippinhogmana on February 12, 2017, 02:42:07 pm

I see Parr is getting some playing time.  Did she stay in, or just as pr?

flippinhogmana

you answered my question as if before I asked (before it posted anyway!)

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: flippinhogmana on February 12, 2017, 02:51:38 pm
you answered my question as if before I asked (before it posted anyway!)

#psychic

psycHOGlogist

T7

Warrick starts things off with a single to LF. Beringhele PR for her.
Belans hits into FC, and the Mean Green gets Beringhele out at 2nd, 1 down. Pocklington runs for Belans.
Cooper hits another FC, and Mean Green gets Pocklington at 2nd, 2 down.
Yannetti swings at and misses a 1-2 pitch for a 3rd out strikeout.

Bottom 7 coming up. UNT sending up 6-7-8 spots.

flippinhogmana

flippinhogmana

Five Cali girls on the team, seems like more, but since two are starters and one (Storms) is pitching I guess it seems more.

flippinhogmana

anyone know why we havent seen Hedgcock, the highly rated lefty pitcher from Downers Grove, Ill so far?

psycHOGlogist

B7
Warrick to the circle to pitch for Moll. Great outing for Grace, with 7 K's and just one walk, only 3 hits. She did have a WP.

Warrick's first outing in the field for the Hogs.

She gets a comebacker for the first out.
And a pop-up to Diaz for the second.
And then another comebacker in short order for the third. That's the ball game!

4-0 start for the Hogs. 7+ runs in every game. 3 run rule wins. Also: DID NOT GIVE UP  A SINGLE EARNED RUN. Pretty good stuff, even though the competition was pretty weak. Very nice opening weekend!!!

Go Hogs!

flippinhogmana

Quote from: flippinhogmana on February 12, 2017, 03:07:11 pm
anyone know why we havent seen Hedgcock, the highly rated lefty pitcher from Downers Grove, Ill so far?

At least we get to see Warrick with some time in the circle.  I like it that they have tried to address the lack of depth at pitcher.

flippinhogmana

and that Stewart got a couple of innings in the first game is good too.  Granted it was like an intramural team she faced but she didnt give up any hits and got a KO.  Did she have an arm injury last year?

psycHOGlogist

Yes, to all of that. Though I think they're a LITTLE better than an intramural team, but yeah. Not SEC caliber.

There are a lot of very surprising results out there this weekend. Mississippi St looks like they're going to lose a couple games this weekend, including one to Ga State (they are down 3-1 in the B12 right now). Kentucky lost to Pittsburgh twice. South Carolina is losing to Charlotte right now in the 5th, 1-0.

Sweeping easy competition easily is not a bad thing.

flippinhogmana

Good job Pscyh.   I appreciate it.  Keep it up!

psycHOGlogist

Thanks, and you're welcome!

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 12, 2017, 03:14:53 pm
Yes, to all of that. Though I think they're a LITTLE better than an intramural team, but yeah. Not SEC caliber.

There are a lot of very surprising results out there this weekend. Mississippi St looks like they're going to lose a couple games this weekend, including one to Ga State (they are down 3-1 in the B12 right now). Kentucky lost to Pittsburgh twice. South Carolina is losing to Charlotte right now in the 5th, 1-0.

Sweeping easy competition easily is not a bad thing.

Its always better to face somebody else for a change (rather than your own teammates who have a good idea of what you are going to do in a given situation)!

psycHOGlogist

And MS State loses to GA State, losing their home tourney opener.