Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SB vs UNT

Started by psycHOGlogist, February 11, 2017, 01:08:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

psycHOGlogist

February 11, 2017, 01:08:01 pm Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 03:05:00 pm by psycHOGlogist
Same lineup and batting order as the game vs UM-Lowell, except Storms is in the circle.

Canfield - CF
Hiers - C
Schroeder - RF
Diaz - 1b
Belans - SS
Warrick - DP
Bugarin - LF
Yanetti - 2b
Russell - 3b

Storms - P

psycHOGlogist

Canfieid flies out to start the game.

Hiers earns a BB

Schroeder bombs a 2-run HR -- her 3rd of the day!! -- for a 2-0 Hogs lead.

Diaz walks.

Belans pops out to 1b

Warrick hits into FC, Diaz out at 2nd.

2-0 for the Hogs after top 1. Storms to the mound for her first start.

psycHOGlogist

Storms starts her Hog career with a K!

Make that TWO K's, and she whiffs UNT's best hitter, Schkade.

And a 1-2-3 inning for Storms as the 3-hole hitter grounds the 1st pitch to 3rd.

Well done, Autumn!!!

Bugarin, Yannetti, and Russell up for the Hogs, T2.

psycHOGlogist

T2

Bugarin starts things off with a single.

Yannetti goes down swinging, 1 out.

Bugarin caught stealing, 2 down.

Russell works a walk, she's on first and turns the line-up over to bring Canfield back up, 2 out.

Canfield flies out to LF for the second time, ending the inning.

Storms back to the circle for B2.

psycHOGlogist

B2 -

Storms walks the leadoff hitter off a full count.

Next batter singles, runner to third. First and third, no outs.

Storms gets the next batter swinging, 1 down.

UNT tries double steal, but Hiers to Yanetti to Hiers at home gets the lead runner from third at home. 2 down, runner on 2nd.

Storms gets the final out on a grounder to third. Interesting inning, but no damage on one hit. Hogs still up 2-0.

Hiers, Schroeder, and Diaz due up in T3.

psycHOGlogist

T3

Hiers flies out to CF, 1 down.

Schroeder finally doesn't hit a home-run. ;-) Grounds a 3-2 pitch to SS, 2 down.

Diaz pops out to 2b.

On to B3 for Storms, Hogs still up 2-0.

psycHOGlogist

B3

Storms K's UNT's 8 hitter for out 1.

She also gets their 9 hitter to chase a 1-2 pitch, 2 down.

Their leadoff hitter lines out to 3b, another 1-2-3 inning.

To T4, with Belans, Warrick and Bugarin due up.

psycHOGlogist

February 11, 2017, 01:50:28 pm #7 Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 02:04:04 pm by psycHOGlogist
T4

Belans grounds out - the box score makes it sound like an adventure: "1B to 2B to 1B"?

Warrick singles to SS.

Bugarin goes yard!!! I didn't realize she had HR power, but she knocks in two. Yanetti up with 1 out. 4-0 Hogs.

Yanetti singles up the middle on a 3-2 pitch and takes 2nd base on an E8. Russell up, 1 out.

Russell with the triple, knocking in Yannetti! 5-0 Hogs, Canfield up with RISP, 1 out.

Pitching change for UNT - Underwood out, Craine in.

Canfield pops out to SS, 2 down. Hiers up.

Hiers strikes out looking, on to the B4, with 2-3-4 hitters due up for UNT.

psycHOGlogist

B4 -

Storms plunks the UNT batter on an 0-1 pitch.

Next batter fouls out to RF, 1 down.

4-hitter singles to RF, runners 1st and 2nd, 1 out.

Storms gets the next batter to pop out to Yanetti, 2 down.

And after a long at bat, Storms ends the threat by getting her 6th K!!

On to T5, Hogs up 5-0. Schroeder, Diaz, and Belans due up.

flippinhogmana

Good job pscyhe. Thanks.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

psycHOGlogist

February 11, 2017, 02:15:13 pm #10 Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 03:09:20 pm by psycHOGlogist
T5

(Thanks, flippin)

Schroeder continues to be en fuego, doubles to lead off. Beringhele runs for her.

Hiers flies out to deep RF, Beringhele advances to 3rd. 1 out.

AJ works a walk, runners at the corners for Warrick, 1 out. Pocklington in to run for AJ.

Warrick hits a 3-run dinger!!!! (And flippin, now it's 6!) Run rule in effect as Hogs now up 8-0!

Bugarin strikes out looking on 3 pitches. 2 outs, Yannetti up.

And now Yannetti again!!! HR, 9-0 Hogs (she took a swing at a 3-0 pitch - love it!!!)

This is getting RIDICULOUS - Russell hits the first HR of HER CAREER!!! 10-0 Hogs!!

Canfield reaches on an error, then advances to 2nd (SS threw the ball into RF)

Hiers hits a fly ball to CF, who drops it; Canfield scores, Hiers at 1b. 11-0 Hogs. Still 2 outs. Hogs have batted around.

Schroeder pops out to end a HUGE inning for the Hogs. 11-0, headed to B5. Run rule in effect if we get them out/hold them to 3 or fewer runs here.

flippinhogmana

It may just be the competition, but so far the team has tried a double steal and been partially successful, hit what five dingers so far or is it six? power and speed, have also shown more pitching: speed, power and pitching is a combination that wins games!
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

psycHOGlogist

It's definitely in part the competition, but UNT isn't terrible. I think having Meuchel on staff may open things up a bit. He's a stat guy and is all about percentage plays, etc. So I suspect we may be more aggressive in some ways this year. Also, Storms seems to have the goods (at least against UNT).

flippinhogmana

catching (passed balls) are still a problem though

flippinhogmana

February 11, 2017, 02:27:56 pm #14 Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 02:38:01 pm by flippinhogmana
hitting is an attitude and you cant hit watching the ball...it takes a certain amount of controlled aggression, whats that seven dingers with four different players? errr eight, with five players?  Schroeder with three, Yani with two, and three with a dinger each?

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: flippinhogmana on February 11, 2017, 02:27:56 pm
hitting is an attitude and you cant hit watching the ball...it takes a certain amount of controlled aggression, whats that seven dingers with four different players? errr eight, with five players?

Need some fingers and toes here:

Schroeder - 3
Yannetti - 2
Bugarin - 1
Russell - 1
Warrick - 1

I think that's it?

psycHOGlogist

B5 -

Storms gives up a walk to start the inning. (She was in the dugout a LONG time). PR comes in for UNT.

Next batter grounds to 2b, we get the lead runner on a fielder's choice. 1 out, runner at 1st.

Next batter singles to LF, runners to 1st, 2nd. Top of lineup comes up for UNT.

Storms gets the 1 hitter to K - two outs.

And then Storms gets UNT's best hitter to ground out to 2b - BALL GAME.

Run Rule, 3 hit shut out for Storms' first start! I'll take it!

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 11, 2017, 02:37:08 pm
Need some fingers and toes here:

Schroeder - 3
Yannetti - 2
Bugarin - 1
Russell - 1
Warrick - 1

I think that's it?

yep I think so!

flippinhogmana

With canfield in center, (and at least Moll demonstrated that she can field her position), with they can get the catching defense better they will also get another cardinal rule of the sport solved-strong up the middle!

Good job, psycHOG!  I appreciate you doing both games!

psycHOGlogist

Two run rule wins for the softball team today. While the level of competition is not SEC caliber, I think this is a great way to get the season going. This team needs some confidence and some success after last year.

Let's hope we get another two W's tomorrow, when we play these same two teams again.

flippinhogmana

rather turn my attention to softball!

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: flippinhogmana on February 11, 2017, 02:48:03 pm
rather turn my attention to softball!

Truth! Hoping for a fun year. No illusions about SEC dominance, but would like to see this team be competitive. Looks like a good start, I think. Of course, long way to go!