Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Florida Game tonight @ 6:00 on SEC N+

Started by LadybackBBFan, February 09, 2017, 04:36:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LadybackBBFan

Basketball at Florida tonight.  One of the few that we have a chance to win.  Florida starts three freshmen while we are starting two.  They do have the leading scorer in the SEC.  Jackson will have to play good defense.

BlancheDevereaux

That was.... deeply unpleasant to watch. Neither team had much of an offense but our lack of any offensive scheme other than off turnovers does not bode well come SEC tourney time.

Bonehead

Sloppy,sad to watch, no defense 29 turnovers! Ballgame

psycHOGlogist

What's really irksome is that a better-coached team would win this game. When you can't out-coach Amanda Butler, you're in a sorry state.

Jess had a nice offensive game.

One thing I have noticed all season is that, when the team needs to run a play (off of inbounds, at the end of a quarter, or at the end of the game), we are utterly incompetent. I have never actually seen us either be successful, or even run the actual play like it's drawn up. It turns to mush EVERY TIME.

Coaching.

logic

Quote from: BlancheDevereaux on February 09, 2017, 08:07:29 pm
That was.... deeply unpleasant to watch. Neither team had much of an offense but our lack of any offensive scheme other than off turnovers does not bode well come SEC tourney time.
Before the game started, I expected Florida to win.  That changed after Arkansas had that run. However, Florida called a time out and with superior coaching, won the game.

Bonehead

17 turnovers not 29, outrebounded, not enough free throws attempted only six

Bonehead

BWS

It sounded like a very angry and frustrated JD during the post game radio interview. Almost sounded like he threw down the headset after he was finished. It has to be very frustrating to lose a game like that.

Ramboar

Are they still kneeling during the national anthem? #karma
I'll be yo Huckleberry

logic

Quote from: BlancheDevereaux on February 09, 2017, 08:07:29 pm
There are other games. Clearly the SEC tourney will be only game for Arkansas

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

nwahogfan1

Apparently terrible shooting was their biggest reason of failing last night but that is not new.  I did not see the game but wonder if we were getting good looks and just missed or was Florida making us take bad shots?

I believe the experiment is over.  What are the odds of Jimmy not being here next year? 

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on February 10, 2017, 09:01:53 am
Apparently terrible shooting was their biggest reason of failing last night but that is not new.  I did not see the game but wonder if we were getting good looks and just missed or was Florida making us take bad shots?

A combination of both.  We got some good looks and missed.  However, we also take too many shots down to the last second and no one can create to get a good shot.  The only exception to that is Wilson who definitely has that ability but either is cold (last night) or hot (game before), so he does not use her when she is not shooting good and making too many bad passes.  Jackson can get off a shot on her own, but it is never a good shot.

Kevin

I am an alum, I love the university, I am ready to take over the program.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Bonehead

First of all I would like to start off by saying what game are you watching Wilson shoots 28% from the field they all have trouble trying to score it's up to the coach to put in a offense     that will free them up to score look at Missouri they don't have players that can create but they run plays without the ball touching floor and set many screens Wilson averaged 4.9 points a game Jackson scoring is down to 14.7 Cooley is not involved at all Swenson can't dribble monk over-penetrate every ball game Devin has no confident Zimmerman is just out there

Bonehead

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: Kevin on February 10, 2017, 10:39:32 am

I see what you did there. ;-)

hogman64

Quote from: LadybackBBFan on February 10, 2017, 09:34:10 am
A combination of both.  We got some good looks and missed.  However, we also take too many shots down to the last second and no one can create to get a good shot.  The only exception to that is Wilson who definitely has that ability but either is cold (last night) or hot (game before), so he does not use her when she is not shooting good and making too many bad passes.  Jackson can get off a shot on her own, but it is never a good shot.

there must not have been many games when she was hot, she shoots 31 % from the field, that reaches the level of  being told... STOP SHOOTING.  not only that but if the stat chart is correct she has only shot 4 FT  while playing 168 minutes??  well obviously I just don't know women's basketball and the stats part because Mason has shot a total of 4 free throws  while playing 339 minutes... how is that even possible?  Seems crazy to think a player could play that many minutes and shoot so few FTs

this team has shot 56 more three pointers than free throws  while our opponents have shot 50 more free throws than three pointers.   that might be all fine except we hit 28% of our 3 pointers so it isn't like we are killing it from there. 

I have never looked at women's bball seasons stats before so maybe all that is normal but that alone seems to me to show we are just a bad  bad team with no identity.

oops  now I see those stats are just conference games  but the premise is still the same..

hogman64

Quote from: Kevin on February 10, 2017, 10:39:32 am

clever....

psycHOGlogist

You dont' get fouled when you take jump shots, for the most part. You get fouled when you bang down low and drive to the hoop. We don't do that. Most of the time, we pass the ball (endlessly) around the perimeter, set incredibly ineffective screens, and then jack up jump shots. That's what explains the stats you're describing -- and it's more true in conference than it is in non-conference. SEC teams have scouted us better, are more familiar with our personnel, and scheme their defenses accordingly.

We have no answer.

Bonehead

Well summed up email Jimmy Dykes for the first time I agree with what you said