Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's up with the women's team?

Started by JJHog, February 04, 2017, 11:20:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JJHog

" Think Right, Do Right"

HawgnCorona

Have u tried post this question in the woman's sports forum? They might know...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: JJHog on February 04, 2017, 11:20:22 am
More quitting?
Lots of rumors, but no one really knows as far as having posted anything but opinions on this web site.  Lots of information under the "go ahead and post the position" thread including my opinion for which it is not worth much on the team, but real with the fans who are fed up.

Pig_Lebowski

Today's attendance, 25, or 26 total.  Nice waste of resources.

mjsphd

So they scored almost 2 points per fan.

hogman64

Quote from: Pig_Lebowski on February 05, 2017, 02:49:53 pm
Today's attendance, 25, or 26 total.  Nice waste of resources.

surely you are joking?

psycHOGlogist

riccoar

I watched some on TV.  If there was 919 folks they counted every usher, concession worker, and warm body within 1000 feet outside the arena.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: riccoar on February 06, 2017, 07:51:37 am
I watched some on TV.  If there was 919 folks they counted every usher, concession worker, and warm body within 1000 feet outside the arena.

Sometimes the numbers they give are tickets sold. 

Anyway.  I think Long will have to make a change here.  The experiment was a failure.

Hogtied85

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on February 06, 2017, 08:18:06 am
Sometimes the numbers they give are tickets sold. 

Anyway.  I think Long will have to make a change here.  The experiment was a failure.

Not gonna happen sorry

Ironhawg

Bonehead

Looking at the game yesterday this team has checked out no effort at all when you loose control in lockeroom it's over south Carolina was not 30 points better we keep hearing we are a young team poor ass game preparation getting screened up top against a zone Jeff long will have to make a decision look at UALR they are not winning because best talent in the world they are winning because Foley put the player in best position to be successful and for the number 4 team in the country to have no bigger crowd than was at  the ball game I believe the fans have checked out to we run the same offense all year against man and zone who does that

Bonehead

We have no point guard play last in sec in assist per game we

ricepig

Quote from: Bonehead on February 06, 2017, 11:27:23 am
Looking at the game yesterday this team has checked out no effort at all when you loose control in lockeroom it's over south Carolina was not 30 points better we keep hearing we are a young team poor ass game preparation getting screened up top against a zone Jeff long will have to make a decision look at UALR they are not winning because best talent in the world they are winning because Foley put the player in best position to be successful and for the number 4 team in the country to have no bigger crowd than was at  the ball game I believe the fans have checked out to we run the same offense all year against man and zone who does that

That's very hard to read.

Ironhawg

Bonehead

psycHOGlogist

Interesting - the WBB twitter account just tweeted out a happy birthday message to Yasmeen Ratliff, so maybe reports of her leaving the team are incorrect (or at least premature)? No idea, just an observation.

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 07, 2017, 10:38:12 am
Interesting - the WBB twitter account just tweeted out a happy birthday message to Yasmeen Ratliff, so maybe reports of her leaving the team are incorrect (or at least premature)? No idea, just an observation.
She was at the last game.  She no longer sits on the team bench but on the baseline near the team bench with friends.  Other players being redshirted have done that in the past.

hog63

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 07, 2017, 10:38:12 am

She has been dealing with a concussion. I do not however expect her back

psycHOGlogist

February 07, 2017, 03:37:49 pm #19 Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 04:05:51 pm by psycHOGlogist
Quote from: LadybackBBFan on February 07, 2017, 12:06:42 pm
She was at the last game.  She no longer sits on the team bench but on the baseline near the team bench with friends.  Other players being redshirted have done that in the past.

Ah, thanks!

Quote from: hog63 on February 07, 2017, 02:16:40 pm
She has been dealing with a concussion. I do not however expect her back

Thanks for the input - kind of what I was afraid of.

What's the over/under on returning players? 6 is my guess. And I might bet the under.

hog63

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 07, 2017, 03:37:49 pm
Ah, thanks!

Thanks for the input - kind of what I was afraid of.

What's the over/under on returning players? 6 is my guess. And I might bet the under.

I think you will have at least 2 maybe 3 transfer out. That guess is if the coach doesn't change. New coach always brings changes.

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: hog63 on February 08, 2017, 02:55:00 pm
I think you will have at least 2 maybe 3 transfer out. That guess is if the coach doesn't change. New coach always brings changes.

Thanks again. Do those 2-3 include Ratliff, or do you think that it will be 2-3 in addition to Ratliff?

Also - care to handicap the chances of a coaching change? I don't mean to put you on the spot, but you've always seemed to have some keen insights into the program.

BWS

No inside info, but just my prediction on who definitely won't be back next season: #2, #10, #42

hog63

Quote from: BWS on February 08, 2017, 09:06:12 pm
No inside info, but just my prediction on who definitely won't be back next season: #2, #10, #42

#2 and #42 yes not sure about #10

hog63

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 08, 2017, 06:29:10 pm
Thanks again. Do those 2-3 include Ratliff, or do you think that it will be 2-3 in addition to Ratliff?

Also - care to handicap the chances of a coaching change? I don't mean to put you on the spot, but you've always seemed to have some keen insights into the program.

Unless we have an historic run, which you and I both know will not happen, I think it is at 95% we have a coaching change. I think admin is just crossing their fingers hoping something else doesn't blow up before they can get this season over and this experiment over.

psycHOGlogist

logic

Just the usual. Adequate players but out-coached by other teams.